Bellator 122 fight card July 25 2014

You can thank Wsof for this. If it wasn't for them being the UFC minor league bellator would have rumble, arlovski, shields, okami, and palhares to fill the ppv and there cards.

That's why we see no name power, but there are solid fighters/prospects like Liam etc going at it

That's the dumbest fukin thing I've ever read. You can thank Bjorn and Bellator. They had a chance to offer all those guys contracts when they were free agents but didn't OR at least didn't offer enough. Bellator can blame Bellator for not having any depth on its roster.

Askren is the best WW in the world right now. Koreshkov is a serious fighter. This whole card should be good. I got a few friends going to it. I'm probably going to 123.

theres no way bubba gets a tv spot unless he gets a quick finish and they use it as a time killer. Lins and Liam get tv spots, so do koreshkov and coopers fights. So that's pretty much the main card right there. unless they wanna throw one more fight in, and even then it'd probably be Vassell vs Zwicker

There is ZERO evidence to suggest that Askren is the best WW in the world. None whatsoever. His best wins are Lima and Heiron. While those are quality wins... they are far from what would be needed to claim to be the best WW in the world.

Just Updated with FUll Undercard

Stephen Martinez (10-2) vs Sergio Rios (7-0)
Dmitriy Sosnovskiy (8-0) vs Manny Lara (4-4)
Sadd Awad (15-6) vs Joe Duarte (10-3)
Bubba Jenkins (6-1) vs Poppies Martinez (29-9)
Karl Amoussou (17-6) vs Fernando Gonzalez (20-12)

Just Updated with FUll Undercard

Stephen Martinez (10-2) vs Sergio Rios (7-0)
Dmitriy Sosnovskiy (8-0) vs Manny Lara (4-4)
Sadd Awad (15-6) vs Joe Duarte (10-3)
Bubba Jenkins (6-1) vs Poppies Martinez (29-9)
Karl Amoussou (17-6) vs Fernando Gonzalez (20-12)

Probably their best undercard in a long time. I hate viewing the fights on spike.com but i'll have to make an exception this time.

Probably their best undercard in a long time. I hate viewing the fights on spike.com but i'll have to make an exception this time.

It's a pretty good one, I don't like that they're feeding Sosnovskiy such an easy HW. At least give him a decent one.

It's a pretty good one, I don't like that they're feeding Sosnovskiy such an easy HW. At least give him a decent one.

Agree'd would be nice, but I'm not that familiar with him other then reading about him, so I'm good with just about anything for his first fight, but will need a big step up for his next fight. Maybe he could fight James Thompson next if they can't the Thompson vs LAshley fight to happen.

Pitbull is saying to Curran he wants this date and if Curran wont sign the contract he needs to give up the belt.

Patricio Freire ‏@PatricioPitbull 17m

@PatCurranMMA commit to the fight in July.You are a disgrace to this sport.You're a pussy, a cheater and a manipulator.You're a dirt person.
Expand

@PatCurranMMA you used your depression (do you really have it?) and called @BellatorMMA crying to have your title shot. Then you got lucky
Expand

@PatCurranMMA and beat Straus. Too bad for you, I'm the next in line. You have to fight me. If you don't want to, abandon the title.
Expand

Patricio Freire ‏@PatricioPitbull 15m

@PatCurranMMA July 25. That's the date. Give the ok. Sign the contract. Be a man. If not, give up the title.
Expand

Pitbull vs Curran would make a stacked card even more amazing but I think it's a better headliner for 123 and it'd make it so I miss a few fights I really wanna see on the undercard. plus I'm probably going to 123 so yeah hoping it headlines that.

Pitbull vs Curran would make a stacked card even more amazing but I think it's a better headliner for 123 and it'd make it so I miss a few fights I really wanna see on the undercard. plus I'm probably going to 123 so yeah hoping it headlines that.
Please don't call this show stacked. Its a solid WW tournament final and then we got the finals of a broken down Middleweight tournament and two fights at LHW which should be one sided beat downs.

Its a pretty sweet card the WW final will be fireworks. But those prelims don't put it over the edge. Its a decent show. Don't ruin what it means to be stacked by hyping this.

Last Summer Series had Chandler/Askren defending, Mo and Noe, Pitbull getting a tune up fight, Minakovs tourney finale victory.

That card was stacked before and in hindsight.

I know you are a fan man and you hype it up extremely but this Summer Series isn't good. The PPV sort of took its toll.

How on earth was Vassell-Zwicker not in the tournament compared to some of those quarter finals?!

Please don't call this show stacked. Its a solid WW tournament final and then we got the finals of a broken down Middleweight tournament and two fights at LHW which should be one sided beat downs.

Its a pretty sweet card the WW final will be fireworks. But those prelims don't put it over the edge. Its a decent show. Don't ruin what it means to be stacked by hyping this.

Last Summer Series had Chandler/Askren defending, Mo and Noe, Pitbull getting a tune up fight, Minakovs tourney finale victory.

I know you are a fan man and you hype it up extremely but this Summer Series isn't good. The PPV sort of took its toll.

Exactly, it would be a solid card but nowhere near stacked.

WOuld be a great FW title fight, a good WW final and then two one sided LHW semis and a who cares MW final.

If he doesn't hype and call everything stacked he won't get his shill bonus from Bjorn.

You are both right. There isn't any must watch headline fight like they had last year, but this next card is as deep of a card as I can remember Bellator having in a long time. The free Spike.com is almost a must watch if you're into hyped contenders, typically it has one fight that interest me, this time i'm interested in everyfight so it is stacked with quality depth. Not stacked with top end talent.

Last edited:
You are both right. There isn't any must watch headline fight like they had last year, but this next card is as deep of a card as I can remember Bellator having in a long time. The free Spike.com is almost a must watch if you're into hyped contenders, typically it has one fight that interest me, this time every time i'm interested in everyfight so it is stacked with quality depth. Not stacked with top end talent.

stacked with Bellator talent and contenders. Completely agree.

How on earth was Vassell-Zwicker not in the tournament compared to some of those quarter finals?!

Yeah, as much as I try backing up bellator as much as I can against haters, this should've been a tourny fight...

Yeah, as much as I try backing up bellator as much as I can against haters, this should've been a tourny fight...

it's a tourney alternate if one of the fighters can't go in the semi's then one of these guys steps in as a very solid replacement and the winner of this fight is into the next tourney. it's more than fair. You can't throw all your prospects into one tourney.

Saad + Psycho = someone's getting finished. Hopefully both fights get televised.

Back