Belcher's big mistake(s)

BILLASILVER

Verbal Discrepancy
@Blue
Reaction score
... pulling guard for a guillotine in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Total game-changing moves. It put Okami in prime position to implement his game plan if/when he escaped. You can't voluntarily give a grinder like that top-position.

:icon_sad:

exactly, he's done it over and over again.

agreed. really disappointing, put money on the guy and you pay more attention to these things. Rd1 attempt was fine but rd2 was like cmon man!

preparing for bisping when fighting okami perhaps?

Belcher is second division MW okami is First divison, wiedman, boetsch and lombar are first division as well, but i think the barbarian will lose tonight !

huge Okami fan but I was secretly hoping for a changing of the guard for a fresh talented contender in Belcher but yeah, those guillotine jumps were overkill. Okami clinching up and outpowering him is out of his control but jumping on front headlocks was all Belcher. Maybe he felt he had them but how often do we see guillotines go through especially on a judoka and ADCC qualifier like Okami. Okami looked as on-point and powerful as ever though, vintage if you will....

Agreed, a guy with Okami's experience says stand at all costs, not submission attempts in my game book.

Belcher is second division MW okami is First divison, wiedman, boetsch and lombar are first division as well, but i think the barbarian will lose tonight !

As said athe barbarian lost aand costa is now first division MW, i want to see now costa vs lombard !

Belcher's fight IQ is shockingly bad now that I think about it; he played with fire big time against Palhares (ended up working, but it was still the wrong way to fight Rousimar), and gave Okami top control for free repeatedly.

Belcher's fight IQ is shockingly bad now that I think about it; he played with fire big time against Palhares (ended up working, but it was still the wrong way to fight Rousimar), and gave Okami top control for free repeatedly.

Palhares has less IQ than him, the guy just try to get your leg if he cant he doesnt try to block the strikes, i think his chin is glass we saw it against belcher and lombard, was easy to knock him out.

9x/10 pulling guard is the wrong move. Guys end up on their back and get tired.

Some fighters won't go for it no matter what. Guys like Fitch and GSP.

Never bought into the Belcher hype. The guy is a just another mediocre fighter in a talentless division.

Back