Belal Muhammad top 10 WW goat?

The T in GOAT stands for time. FYI it happens to go back earlier then 2007. Shields, Condit, Colby and Belal have never been champion which is part of the minimum requirement for GOAT contention. Defending is the second criteria. Frankly GSP is #1 Hughes is #2 and the rest don't matter. I would put Robbie higher than Usman and Woodley based on him defending against better true #1 contenders and being in FOTY candidates with Rory, Condit & Hendricks. Usman has 5 defenses but only 3 challengers and Masvidal never had a legit #1 contender status and Colby didn't deserve a rematch. The burns win was impressive.

Yeah I know Belal is 2/3 wins away from GSP status.
He is closing in on top 10 goat with every win.

Rumor is Belal is fighting Izzy if he can't get the WW title shot. He would be un deniable at that point.

Belal on the way to the mountain of GOATs
f1c6066b5cb213df66ca8e3fb6f77f498db17f51.gif

Wtf is a top 10.Goat...

Also your Goat legacy doesnt start till your Champion

Allow me to educate

A Divisional GOAT is as follows..

1) Win the Title
2) Defend said title more times then any previous champion agaisnt top ranked opposition..

That is all..

Belal is not in the GOAT conversation..

You must have never heard of Chael Sonnen

There's a difference in all time and greatest champion (since it depends on how close to their prime they won it.)

Good call!

Arguably BJ Penn (probably not,) too?
Shields due to his long run outside of the UFC makes sense.
BJ Penn for sure. Anyone who won the title is ahead and Shields did have a 15 fight win streak but 7 of his 10 career losses were at WW.

lol ultimate bait not even having the current champ on the list

BJ Penn for sure. Anyone who won the title is ahead and Shields did have a 15 fight win streak but 7 of his 10 career losses were at WW.

Fair enough!
Shields was on his 32nd fight (also 32 y/o) when he fought GSP, though.

Not sure how that stat counts; but I believe it's noteworthy.
Interestingly enough, he had very few stoppage losses for such a long career.
The Paul Harris one was arguably due in part to all of the fouls that were commited.

GSP
Matt Hughes
Usman
Woodley
Robbie
Leon
Pat Militech
Hendricks
Nick Diaz
Condit

First thought is that días should be there due to longevity and almost exclusively fighting hitters.
Gotta look to see how much of it was at MW, though.

**Looks like a lot 180 lb and was Elite XC LW at 160?
Maybe we should be talking about Nick being q P4P great.

welterweights: (finishes) / (ko's/tko's) / (subs)
Hughes: 35 / 21 / 14
Condit: 27 / 15 / 13
Lawler: 22 / 21 / 1
Luque: 19 / 11 / 8
Masvidal: 18 / 16 / 2
Maia: 17 / 3 / 14
MacDonald: 16 / 7 / 9
Kampmann: 15 / 9 / 6
Burns: 15 / 6 / 9
Shields: 15 / 3 / 12
GSP: 14 / 8 / 6
Thiago Alves: 14 / 13 / 1
Penn: 13 / 7 / 6
Woodley: 12 / 7 / 5
Fitch: 12 / 6 / 6
Neal: 11 / 9 / 2
Magny: 11 / 7 / 4
Usman: 10 / 9 / 1
Edwards: 10 / 7 / 3
Koscheck: 10 / 6 / 4
Thompson: 9 / 8 / 1
Hendricks: 9 / 8 / 1
Covington: 8 / 4 / 4

Belal: 6 / 5 / 1

Make of this what you will.
<Neil01>

Last edited:
Jon Fitch when he was 24 - 3 - 1 imo would be higher than Belal now @ 23 - 3 - 1

I was thinking about Belal and who he beat and the circumstances at the time he beat them. I have an incredibly hard time seeing him beat like prime Hendricks, Shields, Rory, Woodley and many others. It just seems like he catches guys at the right moments.

Who is objectively his best win? Hugging and holding down Luque when they were both looking like potential contenders?

Besides Luque and Brandy (who has never big on) who did he make a statement against? Decisioning a bunch of guys on their way out of mma? One arm Gilbert?

His streak is good but I’m still waiting for him to make a serious statement like other greats have.

Sonce losing to Neal who I think would still beat him……. 5 out of his wins since 4 are no longer fighting and 1 guy was released for consistently losing and is consistently losing on small shows.

Last edited:
The T in GOAT stands for time. FYI it happens to go back earlier then 2007. Shields, Condit, Colby and Belal have never been champion which is part of the minimum requirement for GOAT contention. Defending is the second criteria. Frankly GSP is #1 Hughes is #2 and the rest don't matter. I would put Robbie higher than Usman and Woodley based on him defending against better true #1 contenders and being in FOTY candidates with Rory, Condit & Hendricks. Usman has 5 defenses but only 3 challengers and Masvidal never had a legit #1 contender status and Colby didn't deserve a rematch. The burns win was impressive.
Bullshit.

Robbie isn’t even near Usman in GOAT rankings, he’s behind Woodley ffs. Woodley flattened him with one punch.

Usman has 5 title defences, Woodley 4 and Robbie has only 2, lol. They aren’t even comparable. Robbie would’ve never even been the champ if GSP hadn’t retired.

And since when winning split decisions by out Homer Simpsoning your opponents is more impressive than finishing them or dominating them for 5 rounds? Usman looked way better than Robbie in all of his title defences.

With Robbie’s 29-16 record and the fact that he was lucky to even win the belt, one could argue that even Colby might be higher than him.

Back