Belal: Ben knew he would lose to Paul

Niether has fought a wrestler close to the level of Askren.

You don't make a freestyle Olympic team by being "unathletic" lol
Askren never fought a wrestler close to the level of either one of them. The best wrestler Askren ever fought was probably Jay Hieron, who he struggled with.

I was a big supporter of Ben after his defeats and still think he had style to beat Colby and dominate Khabib.
How does Asscream beat Colby and dominate Khabib, when he was submitted by Demian Maia? <{Heymansnicker}>

Askren never fought a wrestler close to the level of either one of them. The best wrestler Askren ever fought was probably Jay Hieron, who he struggled with.

He took down and passed the guard of literally every guy he ever fought save for Mas.

Lawler never got up from under Askren and he'd previously beaten a silver medalist (lindland) and 2 D1 champs (kos and hendricks).

He took down and passed the guard of literally every guy he ever fought save for Mas.

Lawler never got up from under Askren and he'd previously beaten a silver medalist (lindland) and 2 D1 champs (kos and hendricks).
Colby and Khabib have taken down and passed the guard of nearly everyone they've fought also and they've both fought better wrestlers than Askren fought.

Askren struggled hard vs Lawler... Colby completely shut him down and ragdolled him.

So I lost all the respect for Ben after that boxing fight but hits keep coming.

According to Belal, Ben admitted to Belal he would lose if Paul had ANY boxing ability.

Paul trained boxing full time for three years with world class training partners and coaches.

I mean, was this any better than a dive? He was acting like he was in it to win it but admitting to Belal he would lose if Paul had ANY boxing ability and it was clear Paul did have some.

I was a big supporter of Ben after his defeats and still think he had style to beat Colby and dominate Khabib.

But Ben in my opinion is the most shameful figure in the history of MMA.

It was an easy money grab due to retards paying to watch a crap show. Lose respect for the fans not Ben. I wish I could have made that kind of money with pathetic boxing skills like Ben. Well done Ben!

With all of Ben's MMA matches how much proof does a person need to know Ben can't box his way out of a paper bag. Of course he knew. Dumb ass fans, not so much...

I mean, was this any better than a dive? He was acting like he was in it to win it but admitting to Belal he would lose

As soon as Roach talked about how Askren only went to his gym for a publicity stunt instead of training imo that was the last hint that he never took it serious. Even Ben would have moved a lot better with at least consistent boing training for some months. It was just a money grab. It wasnt a dive imo but he did not give two shits about getting into shape.

Lets hope its a lesson for any braindeads who bought the ppv.

According to title..... So..... Ben has a brain confirmed?

No shit. He's seen himself throw a punch, i'm sure.

Have you ever watched yourself throw a punch in the mirror? I have... I get so self conscience about my form.

Imagine how Ben feels.

Your opinion is yours but it shows how little you know of those in history.
ltt-joe-son-485482-640x360.jpg
It's one of the dumbest things I've read on here. Ben wouldn't make the top 500 of that list. He accepted a fight he knew he'd probably lose. I guess that's on par with rape, murder, domestic assault, armed robbery, hit & run, sexual assault...

Reactions: EOW
Lol what do you mean admitted to Belal. He pretty much continually said this on every podcast he was on prior to the fight. Lol this is no secret.

Colby and Khabib have taken down and passed the guard of nearly everyone they've fought also and they've both fought better wrestlers than Askren fought.

Askren struggled hard vs Lawler... Colby completely shut him down and ragdolled him.

Nope.

Askren has 3 wins over D1's and a win over Sambo worldchamp.

Khabib has one win over a D1. Colby has none, save for the rotting corpse of woodley..

Khabibs game was completely shut down by a LW journeyman. No TDs and was himself taken down multiple times.

Askren finished Lawler in 3 minutes with only grappling.

I would have been ok getting KO'd by JP for the whole world to see for 20% of what Ben got. I honestly can't blame the guy. But admittedly, I was fooled into believing he would somehow make a good fight out of it. I was sorely mistaken.

According to Belal, Ben admitted to Belal he would lose if Paul had ANY boxing ability.

Paul trained boxing full time for three years with world class training partners and coaches.

I mean, was this any better than a dive? He was acting like he was in it to win it but admitting to Belal he would lose if Paul had ANY boxing ability and it was clear Paul did have some.

Joe Son
War Machine
Aleks E.
Lee Murray
Jon Jones
Conor McGregor
Grispi
Brett Rogers
Hermes Franca
Jeremy Jackson

Are starting to realize what a ridiculous statement that was?

Reactions: EOW
So let me get this straight....Ben knew exactly what everyone else did but still stepped up?

Shocking and shameful<{danayeah}>

Nope.

Askren has 3 wins over D1's and a win over Sambo worldchamp.

Khabib has one win over a D1. Colby has none, save for the rotting corpse of woodley..

Khabibs game was completely shut down by a LW journeyman. No TDs and was himself taken down multiple times.

Askren finished Lawler in 3 minutes with only grappling.

Who were these D1s Askren beat? Just looking at his record and guessing: Hieron I think, Nick Thompson maybe? Lyman Good possibly? All mid to low tier fighters.

Wrestling credentials mean little in MMA. It's all about who is able to adjust. Some of the best wrestlers in MMA have little to no credentials in the sport of wrestling.

He signed the contract for probably his biggest payday by far. He did a great job promoting the fight. Those in the MMA community expecting Ben to win need to apply some cream for that butthurt. Let’s not act like there arent ufc fighters going into mma fights knowing they have very little to no chances of winning. I’m looking your way Al Iaquinta who fought Khabib. There’s no crime or shame in that. I’d be more upset if Ben did absolutely no training for the fight. That would be disrespectful the fans and the sport of boxing.

War machine did nothing wrong
Compared to the guy in the picture of the post you quoted, he did hardly anything, correct.
That guy raped, tortured and murdered.
Makes War Machine look like a choir boy.

Ben was fattest hes ever been in years, coming off a hip replacement surgery, hadn’t been training and he absolutely sucks at Boxing

Ben knew what he was in for and still did it for the payday…

This is the answer.

Ben figured 500k+ was great for his family and retirement. He looked awful and honestly this sort of thing shouldn't be sanctioned after a hip replacement, but here we are. Its hard to judge a guy when that kind of money is on the table, and his career as a fighter is over for good.

Ben Askren is an accomplished and respected professional athlete. Plus, he was already retired for a second time during the boxing debut. Respect the warrior.

If I told you I'd lose to Khabib in a fight that doesn't mean I won't try to win. Ben got back to his feet immediately after getting knocked down. He didn't give up or anything like that.

Back