Belal: Ben knew he would lose to Paul

Why Ben in particular? Do you really think Conor even in the midst of his largest coke binge fueled fantasies ever thought he was going to beat Floyd? Both got the biggest payday of their lives knowing they were going to end up coping a beating.

Conor at least can throw a punch.

And one thing is to lose to !ayweather and a whole different one is to lose to Jake Paul lmao

Lots of people where themselves out for money. It's the way of the world sherbro

still think he had style to beat Colby and dominate Khabib.

This is way more delusional than people who thought Ben would beat Paul just by "being an athlete"{<jordan}{<jordan}

He knew he sucked at boxing and was physically shot. They threw $500K+ at him and he had already taken worse damage and gotten ridiculed for less money, so his logic was "Why not?". I think he convinced himself he had a chance. The guy who said that Conor deep down knew he wasn't gonna beat one of the best boxers of all time at boxing also has a point. There's not much difference between both situations, it's just that Ben's was more humiliating.

Last edited:
His opinion is irrelvant in the manner at hand, history is the past. There's always a new day tomorrow.

I know genius . It's Joe Son . I just brought him up too cause he's also way worse then Askren . Fuck is with sherdog lately
You said War Machine did nothing wrong. IRL I would assume you were being scarcastic. This is Sherdog so I went with the more likely you were being a Sherdogger! LOL

First replay I got a bit further down the page was a pic of War Machine. Both Scumbags indeed.

He did. But he was saying he was coming into win. HE knew, everyone knew Paul could box. HE said what I said he said during the build up. That's entirely different thing from what he supposedly said to Belal in private.

It's like saying, you will not die as long as this great parachute doesn't fail. But it turns out you will not die as long as this broken down parachute won't fail on its way down.

They are TWO ENTIRELY different things.

"Jake Paul sucks at boxing. He's a YouTuber." - Ben Askren

Again, he was banking on Jake Paul sucking worse than he does. He thought his MMA experience would bring him victory.

You really thought he could beat Colby and dominate Khabib?

Just much did you lose?
I think he certainly could have beaten Colby in his Prime. Colby has no threat in his striking and unless Colby ran and threw pitty pat touches while on the outside to win a decision he could easily lose. Colby wins by tiring out his opponents via spamming TDs with no control, GnP or submission threat. Ben wouldn't get tired in the wrestling department at all. And Ben has subs and GnP.

You said War Machine did nothing wrong. IRL I would assume you were being scarcastic. This is Sherdog so I went with the more likely you were being a Sherdogger! LOL

First replay I got a bit further down the page was a pic of War Machine. Both Scumbags indeed.
Ah haha well most of the time you'd be spot on . No worries though man my b if I overreacted but like you said it's sherdog gotta protect your neck from toxicity an idiocy that lurks here at times .
<WhatItIs>

My question is do you think it was a completely legit TKO or do you think Askren played it up (while still being legit knocked down) and gave up on purpose? Makes sense from his perspective of taking a dive with as little damage as possible
No the ref stopped it early IMO but Ben would have kept fighting. Too competitive of a guy to not keep trying.

Anyone with functioning eyes also knew he would lose if Paul had any ability. Has Ben ever even landed a standing punch in his 20+ fights? Hard to win a punching contest without punches.

Thinking he could have dominated Khabib and Colby is just laughable.

No it isn't.

He absolutely did have the style to dominate both.

Why Ben in particular? Do you really think Conor even in the midst of his largest coke binge fueled fantasies ever thought he was going to beat Floyd? Both got the biggest payday of their lives knowing they were going to end up coping a beating.
Conor believed imo. Deep deep down he probably knew, but he buried that and got himself hyped for the fight. Which is fair enough i think. You may as well try your best and believe in yourself. Not like he was going to die in there, its just a boxing match, so who gives a fuck if its unrealistic or delusional. May as well delude yourself into thinking youre the best boxer in history and go for it

"Jake Paul sucks at boxing. He's a YouTuber." - Ben Askren

Again, he was banking on Jake Paul sucking worse than he does. He thought his MMA experience would bring him victory.

Like I said dude, what he was saying in the build up to the fight and what he supposedly told Belal are wo different things.

Trust me, he said what I said he said. I don't remember which interview

So I lost all the respect for Ben after that boxing fight but hits keep coming.

According to Belal, Ben admitted to Belal he would lose if Paul had ANY boxing ability.

Paul trained boxing full time for three years with world class training partners and coaches.

I mean, was this any better than a dive? He was acting like he was in it to win it but admitting to Belal he would lose if Paul had ANY boxing ability and it was clear Paul did have some.

I was a big supporter of Ben after his defeats and still think he had style to beat Colby and dominate Khabib.

But Ben in my opinion is the most shameful figure in the history of MMA.

ben deserves all the respect. retired early. came out for big pay days so who cares. like if you look at the entire pool of mma fighters inside and outside the ufc maybe 1% retire from the sport and don't need to work and can actually retire. even past champions have not had the funds to fully retire. ben reitred wealthy and was on top of one fc with 99.9% wrestling based game.
its more of an issue with fighter pay. but also an issue with not understanding what it is to be a prize fighter. you do not win if you don't make as much money as possible.
his losses in the ufc are okay- i think part of him knew he couldn't compete well because of his hip so its a bit disappointing but also fighting broke this guys body down and he deserves big pay.

i think the main issue is jake baiting mma fighters abusing the fact they make low pay into boxing fights is the problem. a lot of mma fighters will take the fight when they know they are going to lose. and you can say well at least hes getting these guys paid but the problem is hes making such mismatches hes actually going to seriously hurt someone who has no business being in there with him. fighting is serious business so i think the ones sanctioning these fights needs to stop. ben got horribly ko'd in that fight. hes picking smaller non boxers for his next fight. thats the problem. don't lose respect for these guys. have no respect for jake and fighter pay

Because they've both shown a weakness to unathletic one dimensional wrestlers that pose zero finishing threat to them? Or what?

Niether has fought a wrestler close to the level of Askren.

You don't make a freestyle Olympic team by being "unathletic" lol

ben deserves all the respect. retired early. came out for big pay days so who cares. like if you look at the entire pool of mma fighters inside and outside the ufc maybe 1% retire from the sport and don't need to work and can actually retire. even past champions have not had the funds to fully retire. ben reitred wealthy and was on top of one fc with 99.9% wrestling based game.
its more of an issue with fighter pay. but also an issue with not understanding what it is to be a prize fighter. you do not win if you don't make as much money as possible.
his losses in the ufc are okay- i think part of him knew he couldn't compete well because of his hip so its a bit disappointing but also fighting broke this guys body down and he deserves big pay.

i think the main issue is jake baiting mma fighters abusing the fact they make low pay into boxing fights is the problem. a lot of mma fighters will take the fight when they know they are going to lose. and you can say well at least hes getting these guys paid but the problem is hes making such mismatches hes actually going to seriously hurt someone who has no business being in there with him. fighting is serious business so i think the ones sanctioning these fights needs to stop. ben got horribly ko'd in that fight. hes picking smaller non boxers for his next fight. thats the problem. don't lose respect for these guys. have no respect for jake and fighter pay

it's a good argument. But doesn't change what Ben did. I don't see it necessarily better than throwing a fight. I bet he made tens and thousand of people lose money for his deception too. That's almost a crime.

This is way more delusional than people who thought Ben would beat Paul just by "being an athlete"{<jordan}{<jordan}

He knew he sucked at boxing and was physically shot. They threw $500K+ at him and he had already taken worse damage and gotten ridiculed for less money, so his logic was "Why not?". I think he convinced himself he had a chance. The guy who said that Conor deep down knew he wasn't gonna beat one of the best boxers of all time at boxing also has a point. There's not much difference between both situations, it's just that Ben's was more humiliating.

Imagine comparing fighting Floyd Mayweather and making it to round 10 and fighting Jake Paul and getting finished in round 1. Oh boy

Back