Behold - The only Olympics medal table that really counts: PER CAPITA

Great Britian are winning the mens Olympics and lets face it, women's sports don't really count.

Great Britian are winning the mens Olympics and lets face it, women's sports don't really count.
TBH, none of the UK's medals really count. Let me explain:

Two track and field golds- both won by a Somali that lives and trains in the US

Two equestrian golds- this is the Olympics, not a horse show

7 combined golds in canoe/rowing/sailing- the only thing more laughable than trying to claim these is the fact that your government spent nearly half a billion dollars trying to win these sorts of events

1 gold in men's synchro diving- pretty sure you can't even compete in this event unless you're at least bi

2 golds in men's gymnastics- see above

etc.

If I had to compare the UK's Olympic run this year to something, it would probably have to be that dude who won the women's 800M race last night. It was all very China-esque. 118 medals looms.

TBH, none of the UK's medals really count. Let me explain:

Two track and field golds- both won by a Somali that lives and trains in the US

Two equestrian golds- this is the Olympics, not a horse show

7 combined golds in canoe/rowing/sailing- the only thing more laughable than trying to claim these is the fact that your government spent nearly half a billion dollars trying to win these sorts of events

1 gold in men's synchro diving- pretty sure you can't even compete in this event unless you're at least bi

2 golds in men's gymnastics- see above

etc.

If I had to compare the UK's Olympic run this year to something, it would probably have to be that dude who won the women's 800M race last night. It was all very China-esque. 118 medals looms.

Same could apply to the US to be fair, basketball no one takes seriously apart from the States. Wrestling? That's for :eek::eek::eek:s, Swimming? That's for fish

Americans shouldn't really comment on ethnicity of medal winners seeing as everyone one of you traces your lineage elsewhere so maybe we should breakdown your athletes and see where they originate and then increase Italy, Ireland, Germany, UK, Ghana, Nigeria, Poland, Mexico, Cuba's medal count

Same could apply to the US to be fair, basketball no one takes seriously apart from the States. Wrestling? That's for :eek::eek::eek:s, Swimming? That's for fish

Americans shouldn't really comment on ethnicity of medal winners seeing as everyone one of you traces your lineage elsewhere so maybe we should breakdown your athletes and see where they originate and then increase Italy, Ireland, Germany, UK, Ghana, Nigeria, Poland, Mexico, Cuba's medal count
We have a grand total of 2 basketball and wrestling golds at the moment. And how 'bout our 13 track and field medals? I guess they don't compare to equestrian.

It's not about his ethnicity, he's legit from Africa and doesn't even live or train in the UK.

Bahamas should focus on medaling in this ribbon twirling event so they can win the Olympics based on per capita medals.

Man, what a worthless stat. <43>

Last I checked they were #18 in per capita medals behind tiny nations such as Australia, New Zealand, Hungary, Jamaica, and the Netherlands.

Last edited:
In male only events (i.e proper sports) we are top. So second in the mixed gender table but first in the real Olympics.

Well done to America though, you go girls.

Nobody takes basketball seriously besides the states, word?

Dumbest thing ive read here all week. About 1/4 of the NBA is foreign born, from like 37 different countries around the world....

They dont have a basketball team.......end of story

Fucking debt ridden, territory of the US puerto rico has a basketball team

Cmon son
Let them have their fun, it's kinda like when you give your little brother a controller that isn't plugged in and let him think he's winning.

Nobody takes basketball seriously besides the states, word?

Dumbest thing ive read here all week. About 1/4 of the NBA is foreign born, from like 37 different countries around the world....

Yeah and soccer is played in the US with players from all around the world but it don't mean you guys take it any more seriously. Outside of the USA which countries would basketball be classed as a national sport? Or even a #2 sport? I'm sure there are players from all over the world who play it but exceptions don't make the rules

That's true, inevitably people will get all nationalistic and embarrassing about this but as the USA is the biggest 1st world country a lot of very talented people in all fields go there to get access to the biggest market, funding etc. It's true in engineering, computer programming and many sports too. Then their achievements get classed as American.

Back