Behold - The only Olympics medal table that really counts: PER CAPITA

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
Total medals is meaningless.

This one, however, means EVERYTHING. --- http://www.medalspercapita.com/

Olympics%20Medals%20per%20Capita%20-160813b.jpg

LOL....Have more sex and more kids losers. Scoreboard.

LOL....Have more sex and more kids losers. Scoreboard.

NZ population is growing at a record rate over the last couple of years. Sex is the national sport.

Still #1. Deal with it.

We will count the total medals when it is all over. No excuses for being a inferior country.

Total medals is meaningless.

This one, however, means EVERYTHING. --- http://www.medalspercapita.com/

Olympics%20Medals%20per%20Capita%20-160813b.jpg
No, per capita is terrible in the Olympics. Just look at gymnastics. We had the #1, #2, #3, and #4 best overall female gymnasts. But we could only send two. It's the same way in swimming. We could sweep medal podiums with the relays or individual events if given three. They limit the entrants of larger nations for a more timely competition.

For example, everyone bitches about swimming, but there isn't some huge global qualifying tournament where we are allow unlimited participants and teams. 2/3 of the basketball teams would be ours if that was the case.

Due to sample size it also skews heavily due to the reality that some nations spend all their energy and expertise in sports that are a national pride (and often tend to be the more obscure sports on a global scale). Examples:
  • Fiji --> Rugby
  • Hungary --> Fencing
  • Finland --> Javelin Throw
  • South Korea --> Archery (or Short Track Skating in the Winter)
  • Ethiopia --> Long Distance running
  • Kazakhstan --> Boxing, Wrestling, Weightlifting (<-- dirty as shit, shouldn't even be competing)
  • Denmark --> Sailing, Rowing
That's just a taste. There's a reason only two of the top 16 nations there have a population size greater than 10 million. That's like a fourth the size of my state. Yawn.

A proper comparison would add some sort of Bayesian weighting to this while also factoring in the restrictive coefficient of limiting participants, and an additional bonus coefficient for medaling in a wider array of sport.

Oh yeah, and...undefeated world champions of Football. Superbowls = 49 - 0. Not that peasants care about the master race sport.

The Australians possess the only sporting culture I see as a peer. Fellow rejects. It's that prison vote.

Hespect.

No, per capita is terrible in the Olympics. Just look at gymnastics. We had the #1, #2, #3, and #4 best overall female gymnasts. But we could only send two. It's the same way in swimming. We could sweep medal podiums with the relays or individual events if given three. They limit the entrants of larger nations for a more timely competition.

For example, everyone bitches about swimming, but there isn't some huge global qualifying tournament where we are allow unlimited participants and teams. 2/3 of the basketball teams would be ours if that was the case.

Due to sample size it also skews heavily due to the reality that some nations spend all their energy and expertise in sports that are a national pride (and often tend to be the more obscure sports on a global scale). Examples:
  • Fiji --> Rugby
  • Hungary --> Fencing
  • Finland --> Javelin Throw
  • South Korea --> Archery (or Short Track Skating in the Winter)
  • Ethiopia --> Long Distance running
  • Kazakhstan --> Boxing, Wrestling, Weightlifting (<-- dirty as shit, shouldn't even be competing)
  • Denmark --> Sailing, Rowing
That's just a taste. There's a reason only two of the top 16 nations there have a population size greater than 10 million. That's like a fourth the size of my state. Yawn.

A proper comparison would add some sort of Bayesian weighting to this while also factoring in the restrictive coefficient of limiting participants, and an additional bonus coefficient for medaling in a wider array of sport.

Oh yeah, and...undefeated world champions of Football. Superbowls = 49 - 0. Not that peasants care about the master race sport.

Holy shit dude, chill. For someone from such a "great" nation you act like you have small man's syndrome.

giphy.gif

Holy shit dude, chill. For someone from such a "great" nation you act like you have small man's syndrome.

giphy.gif
This would be like Paul Walker telling Vin Diesel that he had the fastest drag time per-horsepower. And I'm like...

Let's just all agree that China is terrible at the Olympics all things considered.

This would be like Paul Walker telling Vin Diesel that he had the fastest drag time per-horsepower. And I'm like...

So you're telling me Vin Diesel is 5'3" and racked with insecurity too?

Huh. The camera adds 10 inches I guess.

So you're telling me Vin Diesel is 5'3" and racked with insecurity too?

Huh. The camera adds 10 inches I guess.
Which makes my dick 155 inches long.

XnzNvX.jpg

Vin-Diesel-With-Cheerful-Girls-In-Furious-7-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

624cb6674b94e314a0763f2f7994f3d6c9af94ccbe4c47455c8859e21533f263.jpg

I just had a look at NZ's 7 medals BTW and your lone gold is in rowing, which is super lame and shouldn't even count. 3 of your 7 medals are in rowing or canoe. Take that shit to the special Olympics IMO.

Population size being held against you in the Olympics. Oh this is precious.

As though every single motherfucker born or immigrated to this country for the sole purpose of being an Olympian.

This is America jealousy being passed off as some hip statistical methodology. Lol

Rock, flag and eagle, Bitches.

Last edited:
The Australians possess the only sporting culture I see as a peer. Fellow rejects. It's that prison vote.

Hespect.
Charts like this are funny because theres a finite amount of medals. Like we can only win so many

The U.S. is so fat that the only team it country is Russia, who had a ton of athletes sent home for being involved in state sponsored doping. This sort of lends credit to the military's belief that obesity is slowing becoming a national defense concern.

Yeah, these small nations should be proud of their Olympians, but they need a little context. If I grew up in a country of 500,000 where tiger attacks were a daily occurence, we should win the Gold in tiger wrestling. Call me when a Kenyan wins the Freestyle swim. Also, when the Olympics adds tiger wrestling.

Congrats to the Netherlands on leading the world in per capita Dafne Schippers though.

Back