"Beautiful" Power Punchers

Did he get in trouble at all? I don't mean to go on about this but that was so atrocious. He really robbed Andrade of a win.

No. I think Andrade would have had to protest or something. Not really sure how that works.

how hard line is the rule that the opponent needs to be in a neutral corner when an opponent is downed?

From the vantage of watching the tape it looks like Marlon is being unreasonable with stopping the count and demanding that Andrade get back in the corner. because you only really see Marlong while Andrade is cropped out of the camera angle.

But there was a picture of Marlon pointing and yelling for Andrade to get back in the corner that showed where Andrade was located. And it showed him close to center of the ring, nowhere near the neutral corner.

how hard line is the rule that the opponent needs to be in a neutral corner when an opponent is downed?

From the vantage of watching the tape it looks like Marlon is being unreasonable with stopping the count and demanding that Andrade get back in the corner. because you only really see Marlong while Andrade is cropped out of the camera angle.

But there was a picture of Marlon pointing and yelling for Andrade to get back in the corner that showed where Andrade was located. And it showed him close to center of the ring, nowhere near the neutral corner.

I feel like there's a ton of times that the fighter never goes back to the neutral corner. That whole thing is just absurd to me. Just count and the fight would've been over.

It is a rule that the opponent has to be in the corner. Wright did that right.

What he didn't do was follow the KD procedure on Bute. Bute was not standing on his own power, he was leaning in the corner and he did not make Bute walk to him to see if he was good to go.

It is a rule that the opponent has to be in the corner. Wright did that right.

2:55 His actions were pretty controversial. I can see why people call foul.
[YT]i8N4-xN5468[/YT]

I will say this, he did a good job this past weekend on Showtime's card.

I thought he was gritty and ugly with his power punches.. many times I was like.. what happened ? His opponent sprawled out...lol

I think this is more about aesthetics than effectiveness..

Ray Leonard made his power punches look like something out of the movies.. I think he's at the top..

Joe Frazier had that long super visual but insanely fast hook...

Tito looked like he was strait out of the book when people stood right in front of him..

Roy Jones had a beautiful way of delivering his power..

Mike Tyson was perhaps blown up into something he was not just because of his beautiful delivery of his power.... I think we do that a lot.. but the reality is that there was probably a less aesthetically pleasing - more efficient way to deliver your power.. not to say Tyson wasn't great.. he was.. especially in his younger years.. but I think he was considered a contender long after he was simply because he looked devastating...

Like in pro wrestling.. wwe and shit.. the wrestlers really do a lot of stupid.. inefficient shit.. because you can see it from the top row.. and it looks devastating.. well I think in boxing we see something super clear like that..(Gatti comes to mind) and build that guy up because of it's devastating appearance.. even though a guy like Angel Manfreddy can piece him up with a less visually pleasing but more effective brand of power delivery.. the fans appreciate the less efficient - more visual guys..and over-rate them.. and that keeps them in the game at the top I think... I mean.. Tyson could come back tomorrow..and because we all have some of those beautiful kos burnt into our brains, some people would consider him a live opponent vs. Wlad...

I think there's a point in there somewhere.. I rant when Im drunk..:icon_twis

lol it's all good brah. I like haggler because he was like an ogre. And when you look at his record and ko/too ratio it's like damn this dude must of hit like a train! And he's wasn't like blown up buff just a brutal puncher. And Tyson was virtually a cruiser weight knocking out giants. You have to give him that... But I know Marvin wasn't the hardest all around puncher but damn that little has pop!!

Also going with Julian Jackson

2:55 His actions were pretty controversial. I can see why people call foul.
[YT]i8N4-xN5468[/YT]

I will say this, he did a good job this past weekend on Showtime's card.

Also, he failed to pick up the timekeepers count. Actually everything he did was wrong except for making Andrade go to theneutral corner.

edit- 21 seconds from the time Bute hits the floor to the glove wipe. Absurd.

Vintage JMM

juan-manuel-marquez_terdsak-jandaeng.gif

at real speed with sound,

my favourite knockdown

Also, he failed to pick up the timekeepers count. Actually everything he did was wrong except for making Andrade go to theneutral corner.

edit- 21 seconds from the time Bute hits the floor to the glove wipe. Absurd.

I was under the impression that the count has to stop if the fighter steps out of the neutral corner, the count has to stop. And there is a great reason for that. The idea of keeping the fighter in the neutral corner is for fighter safety. At the end of the day it is a fight and emotions can run high. Forcing the fighter into the neutral corner, removes him from the fight and prevents him from carrying on the attack.You might say it is unlikely but the rules have been in place for a long time.

That said, 21 seconds in a long time.

I was under the impression that the count has to stop if the fighter steps out of the neutral corner, the count has to stop. And there is a great reason for that. The idea of keeping the fighter in the neutral corner is for fighter safety. At the end of the day it is a fight and emotions can run high. Forcing the fighter into the neutral corner, removes him from the fight and prevents him from carrying on the attack.You might say it is unlikely but the rules have been in place for a long time.

That said, 21 seconds in a long time.

True, but he doesn't pick up the timekeepers count. It was easily 10 seconds before Andrade was warned and then when the ref picked up the count, he restarts at 7 or 8. Start counting when Bute first hits the floor, which is when the the timekeeper starts his count and pay attention to Wright as you do.

Watching the replay, Bute hits the floor at the 4:40 second mark. at around 4:52, Wright picks up the count at 6, I believe. Bute was down for 12 seconds before Wright started the count at 6.

The ref doesn't just make up the count, the timekeeper starts it and the ref just picks it up.

Andrade got ripped off there, no 2 ways about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back