"Beautiful" Power Punchers

henderson-bisping-gif.gif

come_on_gtfo_now_gif.gif

Because it was a world championship fight and Judah was on his feet seconds after Nady waved it off. That fight could have gone on. I actually had forgot that that took place so late in the round, not that it really matters, other than my comment about Zab making it out of the round.

It seemed like more of an equlibrium problem than Judah being actually badly hurt. Tszyu landed a good shot and fought a good fight, don't get me wrong. But Nady should have followed referee protocol and given Zab the chance to get to his feet, then make the decision if Judah was fit to fight.

Have I not heard u say u were ok with the donaire v monteil continuing even after monteil was doing his tortoise on his back impersonation also?

Is steve smoger your fav ref? haha. as you rightly say what time it is in the rnd is irrelevant ( as you have pointed out when speaking of jcc vs taylor stoppage too IIRC).

Have I not heard u say u were ok with the donaire v monteil continuing even after monteil was doing his tortoise on his back impersonation also?

Is steve smoger your fav ref? haha. as you rightly say what time it is in the rnd is irrelevant ( as you have pointed out when speaking of jcc vs taylor stoppage too IIRC).
That was not the same thing. Montiel had a seizure for fucks sake. Zab lost his legs for a moment.

Steve Smoger is a shit ref.

And... Richard Steele followed the ref protocol that i sited in my post.

Pwnt.

That was not the same thing. Montiel had a seizure for fucks sake. Zab lost his legs for a moment.

Steve Smoger is a shit ref.

And... Richard Steele followed the ref protocol that i sited in my post.

Pwnt.

My point is you seem wildly inconsistent as to what constitutes a good stoppage. IIRC ( and I apologise in advance if I

Guys don't sleep on RJJ, he used his athleticism to the max but he was far from sloppy when it came to delivering punches.

Be first: Jab, Step in Short Right Hook
Roy%252520Jones%252520KO.gif

Sneaky Step-in Short Hook again: Set-up was unorthodox but look at his posture, balance, delivery, and hand placement right at contact...Perfect Technique.
1935c8b1ebc77e2902a9c73187d144e4.gif

#1 Right Hand Lead...... #2 Lazy Jab gets answered with a textbook one-two counter.
roy-jones-o.gif

An like the OP title says: "Beautiful"

Last edited:
Marvelous Marvin Haggler

I thought he was gritty and ugly with his power punches.. many times I was like.. what happened ? His opponent sprawled out...lol

I think this is more about aesthetics than effectiveness..

Ray Leonard made his power punches look like something out of the movies.. I think he's at the top..

Joe Frazier had that long super visual but insanely fast hook...

Tito looked like he was strait out of the book when people stood right in front of him..

Roy Jones had a beautiful way of delivering his power..

Mike Tyson was perhaps blown up into something he was not just because of his beautiful delivery of his power.... I think we do that a lot.. but the reality is that there was probably a less aesthetically pleasing - more efficient way to deliver your power.. not to say Tyson wasn't great.. he was.. especially in his younger years.. but I think he was considered a contender long after he was simply because he looked devastating...

Like in pro wrestling.. wwe and shit.. the wrestlers really do a lot of stupid.. inefficient shit.. because you can see it from the top row.. and it looks devastating.. well I think in boxing we see something super clear like that..(Gatti comes to mind) and build that guy up because of it's devastating appearance.. even though a guy like Angel Manfreddy can piece him up with a less visually pleasing but more effective brand of power delivery.. the fans appreciate the less efficient - more visual guys..and over-rate them.. and that keeps them in the game at the top I think... I mean.. Tyson could come back tomorrow..and because we all have some of those beautiful kos burnt into our brains, some people would consider him a live opponent vs. Wlad...

I think there's a point in there somewhere.. I rant when Im drunk..:icon_twis

jm has probably 100 beautiful gifs that could display that he belongs in this thread.. Just an amazing puncher...

Reminds me

ricardo lopez

beautiful puncher

Absolutely! Look at how he pulls the trigger on that Pacman KO, right as Manny makes the first half step before actually coming in. Impeccable timing.

I never said that though. I said the ref could be excused for not stopping the montiel fight because he didn't see the fit that Montiel had. His back was to Montiel when Montiel flopped around. I never said what you claimed I said.

I'm not sure what you don't get about what I'm saying. The ref should have simply finished the count and seen if Judah was OK to go. Thats what the ref is supposed to do.
----

http://abcboxing.com/documents/ABC_REFEREE_GUIDELINES.pdf
KNOCKDOWN MECHANICS
1. Command

This was one of the worst things I've ever witnessed in my life. What was that refs name? I don't think boxing is fixed or anything like that but if there ever was an argument this was it.

Marlon B. Wright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back