"Beautiful" Power Punchers

toney
that left he cracked nunn with was amazing definetley one of my favorite hooks
wRGET.gif

Any current top competitor should mop anybody from past eras. I don't like when past eras are compared to today's.

Today's fighters are just much more evolved, smarter, faster, stronger and even the brawlers are very defensively sound.

Guys like Bob Fitzsimmons and Jack Johnson would get demolished but if you think Terence Crawford beats Roberto Duran, I don't know what to tell you.

Kosta's body shots were fantastic. Hurtardo started off impressive against Tszyu... Until he nailed him with some good body shots!

Most real big punchers had very good punching technique because that's where they got the power from. Foreman looked clumsy but even he got great leverage into his shots. Tyson ahd textbook punching technique, Floyd Patterson, Canelo if you consider him a puncher, Cotto, Wladimir Klitschko, Golovkin, Julian Jackson and many more a ton of huge punchers have really good punching technique and Julian Jackson is arguable the hardest puncher ever

Any current top competitor should mop anybody from past eras. I don't like when past eras are compared to today's.

Today's fighters are just much more evolved, smarter, faster, stronger and even the brawlers are very defensively sound.

God dammit, why'd you have to go and do that?

Anyway- Miguel Cotto and Rubin Carter for sure. Smokin' Joe. Sugar Ray Leonard wasn't really known as a "power puncher," but he could certainly crack and my god when that man got spooled up and let fly, it was something to watch

Still think Nady should have finished the count.

He could have but most refs would probably have made the same call. It isn't like the old days where you always get a ten count. Refs are more likely to err on the side of caution and call it. I sure didn't think it was a bad call at the time.

He could have but most refs would probably have made the same call. It isn't like the old days where you always get a ten count. Refs are more likely to err on the side of caution and call it. I sure didn't think it was a bad call at the time.

I thought it was a bad call. I doubt Judah would have made it out of the round, but Nady should have at least done the 10 count before waving it off.

I thought it was a bad call. I doubt Judah would have made it out of the round, but Nady should have at least done the 10 count before waving it off.

Why? 99 of 100 refs would probably call the fight after that face plant. Judah may have been OK in 10 seconds but imagine what people would say if he got seriously hurt after doing that?

BTW, back on topic. The reason I count that as a beautiful punch is that Kostya was measuring it right up until he landed it. You could see it with in the first 30 seconds if the fight. And I had gone into that fight thinking Judah was going to murder him.

Why? 99 of 100 refs would probably call the fight after that face plant. Judah may have been OK in 10 seconds but imagine what people would say if he got seriously hurt after doing that?

BTW, back on topic. The reason I count that as a beautiful punch is that Kostya was measuring it right up until he landed it. You could see it with in the first 30 seconds if the fight. And I had gone into that fight thinking Judah was going to murder him.

Because it was a world championship fight and Judah was on his feet seconds after Nady waved it off. That fight could have gone on. I actually had forgot that that took place so late in the round, not that it really matters, other than my comment about Zab making it out of the round.

It seemed like more of an equlibrium problem than Judah being actually badly hurt. Tszyu landed a good shot and fought a good fight, don't get me wrong. But Nady should have followed referee protocol and given Zab the chance to get to his feet, then make the decision if Judah was fit to fight.

Because it was a world championship fight and Judah was on his feet seconds after Nady waved it off. That fight could have gone on. I actually had forgot that that took place so late in the round, not that it really matters, other than my comment about Zab making it out of the round.

It seemed like more of an equlibrium problem than Judah being actually badly hurt. Tszyu landed a good shot and fought a good fight, don't get me wrong. But Nady should have followed referee protocol and given Zab the chance to get to his feet, then make the decision if Judah was fit to fight.

I could have accepted that but I still think there was nothing wrong with the call.

Back