• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beaulieu Boxing Glove review

To the guy with 20s ......damn , that's huge !
May I ask why ?
Thais do it but they also rarely wrap their hands plus IMO it's why they have shitty hands defence (hiding behind pillows) and not much variety in punch attacks (harder to place shots).

Calzaghe trained with 20oz because of his weak hands, and Berto sometimes does so presumably for S&C reasons, although I think it's the wrong way to go personally unless for the occasional HIIT type exercise. To each his own

horse hair filed training gloves.

he's trying to bring back Mosbys style, he's not making exotic looks on the gloves, only red, marroon, black and white I think. from 14-20oz.

No other company makes hair filed training gloves. So I bet these are made to do real damage.

Blitz in the UK have a horsehair training glove called "Raging Bull" which I've not tired because Blitz is mostly known as a budget brand.

From the Shevlins I had, and Mosby's bag mitts under the Beaulieu brand, which were also horsehair, Im hoping these will be like those because theyd end up being very protective. Loved the padding in those gloves. Shevlins were horse hair substitute.

horse hair filed training gloves.

he's trying to bring back Mosbys style, he's not making exotic looks on the gloves, only red, marroon, black and white I think. from 14-20oz.

No other company makes hair filed training gloves. So I bet these are made to do real damage.

I know 2 companies who are goingmaking them now. They started testing and production last year. Guess who got 2 pairs.

I can't say the company name but they're pretty big. They just wanted me to test and give them my opinion on them. Talk about hard hitting gloves man.

Hey TopBoxer11 I had a question. I just bought some custom Bill gloves. Can you tell me about the quality level of the leather? I won't have them until sometime this week.

Horsehair gloves hu? That's some cool old-school stuff, not sure how practical it is for training. Pro fight gloves ya, but training? I'm not sure. That's the problem I had with my old shevlin gloves I had made back in 2009. craftsmanship was great, but the padding was just pillow stuffing. They make a good shelf piece though.

Horse hair training gloves sounds like a waste of time to me.

I mean, your not going to use them for sparring unless you either willingly want to hurt your training partners, or you hit like a sissy and want to fool people into thinking you hit hard.

So all thats left is to use them for bag, DE or padwork, in which case why not just use pro fight gloves with some knuckles guards to achieve the same effect?

At least that way you'll be simulating the power shots in the same size gloves as you'll be wearing for competition.

14/16/18oz horse hair training gloves seem completely pointless IMO.

Well the Good news is that we have acquired the patterns and material exactly used in gloves made by DAN MOSBAY.
we are going to launch that hair filled old school style gloves very soon.exactly on same lines as made by mosbay with same padding,style,looks,welted seems,
we are going to revive same old style gloves which are extinct now and no one else is making or have the patterns to make.
Just sit tight they are coming soon.
The very first pair will be in grey as made by mosbay himself for bill.and that pair will be a tribute to great classic gloves maker like Dan mosbay.

lol...dude doesn't even know the name of the guy he claims he's so gung-ho about !

And he did it multiple times so it ain't no typo ........where did they find this guy !

:icon_lol:

Blitz in the UK have a horsehair training glove called "Raging Bull" which I've not tired because Blitz is mostly known as a budget brand.

From the Shevlins I had, and Mosby's bag mitts under the Beaulieu brand, which were also horsehair, Im hoping these will be like those because theyd end up being very protective. Loved the padding in those gloves. Shevlins were horse hair substitute.

So why did companies stop using it ?

Horse hair training gloves sounds like a waste of time to me.

I mean, your not going to use them for sparring unless you either willingly want to hurt your training partners, or you hit like a sissy and want to fool people into thinking you hit hard.

So all thats left is to use them for bag, DE or padwork, in which case why not just use pro fight gloves with some knuckles guards to achieve the same effect?

At least that way you'll be simulating the power shots in the same size gloves as you'll be wearing for competition.

14/16/18oz horse hair training gloves seem completely pointless IMO.

I'd get a pair.
Use them against visiting fighters from other gyms who come to "spar".
Then watch them run n skip away from you when you meet them in competition.

Winnings in general but the horsehair if you're on my shit list.

I'd get a pair.
Use them against visiting fighters from other gyms who come to "spar".
Then watch them run n skip away from you when you meet them in competition.

Winnings in general but the horsehair if you're on my shit list.

I can't tell if your joking or not, but the double yellows suggest perhaps you aren't.

Hey TopBoxer11 I had a question. I just bought some custom Bill gloves. Can you tell me about the quality level of the leather? I won't have them until sometime this week.

hi well your gloves are made using highest quality prime A+ grade cowhide leather.which is the best,after that comes buffalo hide but cow is better as its smooth and performs better then any other.i am sure you,d love your gloves as they are made with extra care.
our customer,s satisfactions is our primary goal.
thank you very much.

I can't tell if your joking or not, but the double yellows suggest perhaps you aren't.

Yeah because an online citation for some forum crap (saying "balls") is an indicator of real life , huh ?

Actually I'm not sure if I AM joking or not !

Boxing gyms are an incredibly competitive place.

I agree with Kounter on boxing gyms being competitive.

Every week we have sparring partners from other gyms and it pains me to say that I'd use these horsehair filed gloves for sparring with them..

I swear, they use the gloves for the bags,mitts, DE and sparring.. Not only that, but the gloves are some cheap "Warrior" brand gloves.

now I wouldn't be so pissed if they actually took these sessions as sparring. But they really go in there to get the knockout.

Not that I wish bad on anybody, but that is why I would use the horsehair filed gloves for sparring.

Boxing gyms are incredibly competitive.

Unfortunately, the fragile egos of many students make them unable to seperate sparring from competition, as you have discovered.

But if you need to wear gloves designed to do maximum damage in training, I wonder what that says about your own ego?

Gym wins count for nothing. Would you heel hook a noob in grappling who is spazzing out just to teach him a lesson? Or would you show some maturity (if your skills are so great after all) and control the pace to teach him something about real technique?

Boxing gyms are incredibly competitive.

Unfortunately, the fragile egos of many students make them unable to seperate sparring from competition, as you have discovered.

But if you need to wear gloves designed to do maximum damage in training, I wonder what that says about your own ego?

Gym wins count for nothing. Would you heel hook a noob in grappling who is spazzing out just to teach him a lesson? Or would you show some maturity (if your skills are so great after all) and control the pace to teach him something about real technique?

^ is a person who doesn't get it.

Let me try n explain ........I've spent top dollar (winnings) to make sure I don't unnecessarily hurt my partners.
However , when ppl come from other gyms , it's not a "sparring" session. It's sparring only in name not reality.
Don't believe me ?
Try going to gym where u don't know anybody and say you're here to train and get some work in.
Not like most ppl do , with a guy from that gym who knows you and is holding your hand throughout while you do your best impression of walking on eggshells while singing Kumbaya.

I'm not there to kill you nor but neither am I there to be your friend.
It's going to be hard and it's going to be competitive. If I can drop you hard , Iam.
If this is too "hardcore" or it's all "c'mon bro" then you should just stay in your gym and / or stay away while the big boys play.
If an actual fight is the only time you can sack up then there's nothing wrong with that but just don't be expecting others to be the same in those circumstances I listed.

Guys be pulling all sort of advantages in these "gym jumps".
Sneaking in smaller gloves , using beat up gloves , stiffer wraps , "misplacing" your water , keeping the timer at their comfort etc etc.

This is just gamesmanship . It's not like a guy's putting metal spikes on .

Watch James Toney sparring Green , or Mayweather / Broner vs anybody.
In American boxing gyms , sparring is intense.
Check out pics of Canelo sparring in preperation for Mosley.
His opp is wearing JC Pachecos .......Canelo is the money man here fyi.
You think his partner gives a shit .....or Canelo for that matter ?

grow up basically.

No I understand what your saying, I'm saying your obviously not good enough to be able to man up without using these "special gloves" etc. Obviously you find yourself getting toweled up in sparring all the time, and you need some "unfair advantages" to keep up with the big boys.

Floyd Mayweather is a great example (you could also say the same about JMM, Pacman, Canelo etc)

Floyd spars using Winning gloves. His training partners use all sorts of gloves ranging from cheap to expensive.

His sparring partners are brought in to get Floyd in shape. They just about always go 100%. They are paid extra if theycan knock him down.

Floyd is in a similar situation to you, in that he finds himself faced with guys who are gunning for him every day. TheMayweather gym is the dog house, they go hard, and they play for keeps.

Floyd tears those guys apart, and he beats them down, he has even broken peoples noses and fractured their eye sockets while they were wearing FG-5000's.

He does this while wearing Winning gloves. He doesn't need horse hair training gloves to get the job done.

Why? Because he has all the real tools to do the job. Power, stamina, mental fortitude and above all else- REAL SKILLS.

If you need to use horse hair training gloves to prove a point in the gym it's because your looking for a shortcut.

A shortcut because your lacking in one of those areas that makes a fighter good.

What you need to do is swallow your pride, stop looking for legal ways to cheat by buying the most damaging gloves you can find, and be a man and get to work on your skills.

Otherwise you'll find yourself in competition wearing Olympic style gloves and losing to guys who turned off their egoand spent their time developing their skills instead of trying to find the best punchers gloves to hurt people with.

If you need to take someone down a peg or two in the gym, do it with your skills (if you've got them). If not, stop your crying and get back to work in the gym so you can do it next time. THATS how you improve, with real hard work.

Your attitude is one step away from the kind of insecurity that makes fighters load their gloves or take steroids to win.

By all means, buy horse hair training gloves for bag work or pad work just for the fun of it. But don't use them for sparring, especially when you already own great sparring gloves like Winning.

Just my .02

Guys be pulling all sort of advantages in these "gym jumps". Sneaking in smaller gloves , using beat up gloves , stiffer wraps , "misplacing" your water , keeping the timer at their comfort etc etc.

This is just gamesmanship . It's not like a guy's putting metal spikes on .

Gamesmanship? You sound like Antonio Margarito after he got busted with loaded wraps.

Then what happened? He got punished by Shane Mosley and Miguel Cotto, 2 fighters with better skills who weren't looking for hidden "advantages".

Your obviously in denial that your a cheat just like he is.

Watch James Toney sparring Green , or Mayweather / Broner vs anybody.
In American boxing gyms , sparring is intense.
Check out pics of Canelo sparring in preperation for Mosley.
His opp is wearing JC Pachecos .......Canelo is the money man here fyi.
You think his partner gives a shit .....or Canelo for that matter ?

grow up basically.

Sparring is intense in every country, no need to break out a USA chant.

The difference between them and you? They're good enough to hold people off while wearing Winning. Your not, thats why your keen on the idea of "punchers gloves".

Man up, basically. :cool:

Back