• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beaulieu Boxing Glove review

Oh, 12 oz. Campeon Grant just for 270 in the standard colours... What a bargain.
Winning 12 oz. are 215 :)

Oh, 12 oz. Campeon Grant just for 270 in the standard colours... What a bargain.
Winning 12 oz. are 215 :)

not campeon super bag, campeon are discontinued. they are 14oz as well.

I got a pair for a really cheap on ebay before the price hikes and i would never spend 270 on the gloves either lol.

not campeon super bag, campeon are discontinued. they are 14oz as well.

So the standard super bag are 270? Winning 14 oz. are 240 :)

Agreed, those super bag Grant are nice, but not for 270.

Ya if you get them from rakuten then you'll save on them but 16oz grant are 250.00 while 16oz winnings are 270.00 training glove vs training glove.

I'm just quoting the prices and as i said if you can afford grants than you can afford winnings, especially if you get them from rakuten. I'd rather pay the difference and get the winnings anyway. Grants were like 160.00 couple of years ago don't think they did anything to warrant the hike in cost

Yea there is not much technology to them or anything special that would warrant 270.00 The protection on my 12oz winning training gloves are better and rival rb10's.

Have you got the quote personally? This is the email i got from grant

Hi,

In red or black they run $249.99, custom colors run $375 and up.

Thanks,

Elliot

i was quoted 249.99 plus 30.00 shipping to canada in another email i shot them for 16oz standard colour gloves.
When did you get that email? I got this one about three weeks ago
Hi,

$259.99 in the red or black combos.

Thanks,

Elliot

I didn't want to send them back because I really needed the gloves, they were rushed to me and I didn't really want to go through that hassle.

And actually, I am being compensated by Bills company. Once I order the leather trunks, I've been told that I'd be sent a few gifts along with the order.

So compensated but only on the condition you buy more.......nice.

Btw , you went for the leather shorts , huh ?
And for training and amateur bouts ???

lol .....tell me how it went , k ?

So compensated but only on the condition you buy more.......nice.

Btw , you went for the leather shorts , huh ?
And for training and amateur bouts ???

lol .....tell me how it went , k ?

For amateur bouts.. yes, is there a problem with that? In a year I'm turning pro, so I'm planning to use them in pro competition as well. Is there an issue with this?

Seems it is the time to start a particular thread "Pakistani gear: express your opinion". Though 90% posts would be by KounterPunch :icon_lol:

Just got the photos from Bill. My custom 20 oz gloves, colors, not padding, based on the old model grant gloves. Custom logo too. I admit maybe the prices are inconsistent, but I did get to design the gloves myself at a reasonable price.

Also, I got multi-layer foam, so I don't expect the bubbling thing to happen like on the molded foam. We'll see though.

256u03o.jpg

Bill is also making a new line of horse hair filed gloves. So watch out for those.

Just got the photos from Bill. My custom 20 oz gloves, colors, not padding, based on the old model grant gloves. Custom logo too. I admit maybe the prices are inconsistent, but I did get to design the gloves myself at a reasonable price.

Also, I got multi-layer foam, so I don't expect the bubbling thing to happen like on the molded foam. We'll see though.

256u03o.jpg

Those look good!

Regarding the little bumps under the leather, I've got the same thing on my ringside IMF gloves as well. Cosmetically not that nice (but not obvious, you need to be inspecting them to see them), but not a big deal.

nice looking gloves Elvis, havent seen them look like that from Bill yet.

Was sent to me in mid february could be a typo because i sent two separate emails at diff times and got the same quote for both.

could be, Ill have to send them another email

Bill is also making a new line of horse hair filed gloves. So watch out for those.

am interested in this. Wonder if the patterns are the same as Mosby's

To the guy with 20s ......damn , that's huge !
May I ask why ?
Thais do it but they also rarely wrap their hands plus IMO it's why they have shitty hands defence (hiding behind pillows) and not much variety in punch attacks (harder to place shots).

What's the deal with horse hair training gloves ?

horse hair filed training gloves.

he's trying to bring back Mosbys style, he's not making exotic looks on the gloves, only red, marroon, black and white I think. from 14-20oz.

No other company makes hair filed training gloves. So I bet these are made to do real damage.

Well the Good news is that we have acquired the patterns and material exactly used in gloves made by DAN MOSBY,S.
we are going to launch that hair filled old school style gloves very soon.exactly on same lines as made by mosby,s with same padding,style,looks,welted seems,
we are going to revive same old style gloves which are extinct now and no one else is making or have the patterns to make.
Just sit tight they are coming soon.
The very first pair will be in grey as made by mosby himself for bill.and that pair will be a tribute to great classic gloves maker like Dan mosby,s.

Last edited:
Back