Be grateful that Sean is abrasive

Sean is against being molested, that is so woke. Being against molesters is so cancel culture, they did nothing wrong, 1st amendment or something. Woke Sean wants to cancel them. He probably chugs trans beer because Dana tells him to.

Variety is good.

I am thankful that the sport didn't play out such that there was one way to succeed and everyone had to carve out the same path over and over.

30+ years into UFC and the general evolution of mixed martial arts and we got guys still figuring out new ways to win, new ways to connect with fans, to sell fights.

I dig it.

And if it ain't your cup of tea, that's cool too. It is subjective.

I think this matchup is interesting.

DDP is dangerous and coming off of just steamrolling Whittaker so he is probably feeling like it is his time.

Sean just shocked the world and made easy work of the guy who has sat on the thrown for the last 4 years.

I feel like it legitimately could go either way. Could be a war, or could be a demolition. I could see either guy getting finished. That's my favorite kind of fight, the unpredictability and wide spectrum of possibilities makes it more exciting.

DDP is a super exciting fighter and Sean just came off the biggest win of his career against the #2 UFC MW of all time so I wouldn't undersell that part. Both them both being good at promoting honestly just put a lot more eyeballs on what is a rather underwhelming PPV card. If the main event delivers I could really see either guy taking that next step popularity-wise.

Strickland isn't the exciting half of this promotion. Dricus handling him at the presser and in the crowd is what made this interesting.

Strickland acts like he does because he's boring as shit to watch and knows it.

Exciting fighters let their actual fights talk.

Meh, I’ve always just enjoyed the fights and felt the press conference were ways to get casuals interested in the event.

Tbh a lot of the time I’m not even rooting for one fighter or the other, I just find MMA entertaining as hell and enjoy watching insanely skilled guys get matched up and try to beat each other.

It’s fine if you enjoy the shit talk and everything, but imo it’s taken away from the sport and now if a guy wants to be a draw he has to inorganically try to be a dick, which leads to a Cejudo situation.

I miss the days of guys just being draws simply because they were highly skilled fighters

GSP
Silva
Fedor
Cro Cop
Shogun
Machida
BJ Penn
Velasquez
Aldo

I think GSP's popularity stemmed more from Canadians supporting him just for being a Canadian champion.
This is just stupid. Canada doesn't have a lot of people. GSP was the crowd favorite whenever he fought outside of Canada. A lot of people from Ontario also hated GSP because he was from Quebec

Meh, I’ve always just enjoyed the fights and felt the press conference were ways to get casuals interested in the event.

Tbh a lot of the time I’m not even rooting for one fighter or the other, I just find MMA entertaining as hell and enjoy watching insanely skilled guys get matched up and try to beat each other.

It’s fine if you enjoy the shit talk and everything, but imo it’s taken away from the sport and now if a guy wants to be a draw he has to inorganically try to be a dick, which leads to a Cejudo situation.

I miss the days of guys just being draws simply because they were highly skilled fighters

GSP
Silva
Fedor
Cro Cop
Shogun
Machida
BJ Penn
Velasquez
Aldo

The only draws you have on that list that is for their skill is GSP, Cro Cop (in Japan). Fedor, Shogun, Machida and Aldo were never draws and Penn was a draw because he was threatening to kill his opponents and licking their blood after he KOd them

the biggest draws from that era were GSP, Brock, Kimbo

D'sean is truly the 50-50 fighter. One half totally understands what he is saying and the other half is totally adamant that the guy is lost, real bad lost. very interesting to see unfold in this time period. i think win or lose, even when he's gone, it will be the same reaction. half totally supporting and the other half still rejecting everything. he doesn't deliver anything in any way that is deemed acceptable. yet some people get the gist of what he's saying. a divisive fighter/champion, who did the unimaginable against one of the MW goats for this era, and hated, as much as he is appreciated. I can respect a fighter who says what he believes and believes what he says. In an era of social media, instagram hype, correctness, inauthenticness, at least the guy says what he believes is true.

I like his style. Except with the Pereira fight obviously, he shows impeccable defence and frustrates his opponent. You have to fight a perfect fight in order to beat him. DDP can resort to brute strength or dirty boxing but Sean also likes it when it's messy. He hasn't been tested on the ground but if it goes there I'm confident he can hold his own. Can't wait for this fight

I need my champions to carry a ring of plastic keys on them so they can keep jingling it to keep my attention.

What are they champions of again? I no longer remember.

I am here for the talky talky microphone stuff. I'm so tired of the grabby stuff they do in between the talky stuff.

4 itchy tasty.
I laughed too hard. My son came to see what was happening.

He doesn’t bother me, im happy he got rid of Izzy, I appreciate him calling out the woke garbage, but I also think he comes off a bit incoherent and stupid. Also, him getting triggered by Dricus feeding him his own medicine was a bad look, kinda lost all credibility for me there.
Yeah,like he does create excitement but at the same time he comes off like a drunk moron,and its hard to listen to him or take him too seriously.

I think GSP's popularity stemmed more from Canadians supporting him just for being a Canadian champion.
Not just that. GSP's openess and vulnerability made him relatable to all peoples,whilst at the same time looking like a greek god made everything he did in the cage look awesome. People should paint his double leg takedowns and they should show these paintings in the Louvre

Imagine how lifeless his events would be if he was some run of the mill "I respect my opponent and this belt means everything to me" type of guy? All the people bitching about what Sean says would be bitching about how boring this all is. You know what Sean does well? He gives everyone someone to root for. When you have someone to root for, a fight's excitement factor goes up ten fold, and this helps a lot when you consider that Sean's fight style can be slow-paced.
You mean like Hitler gave everyone someone to root for?!

The only draws you have on that list that is for their skill is GSP, Cro Cop (in Japan). Fedor, Shogun, Machida and Aldo were never draws and Penn was a draw because he was threatening to kill his opponents and licking their blood after he KOd them

the biggest draws from that era were GSP, Brock, Kimbo

Yeah I meant more so guys who were just big names in the sport, guys that were able to headline PPVs even if they weren’t champions.

Lol its a great fight just based on style...

I dont need idiots mouthing off to make me watch a fight lol...im not thanking Strickland for shit ..

U WWE fans are strange
It seems that some people prefer to watch fights when they can pretend the fighters really hate each other, a bit like if it were a "real" fight. Maybe it's more cathartic this way, I don't know. Different needs for different people I guess.

But yeah, I could do with less talking and more fighting.

Strickland acts like he does because he's boring as shit to watch and knows it.

Exciting fighters let their actual fights talk.
muhammad ali wasn’t boring, either on the mic or in the ring. but if he was boring on the mic, he wouldn’t have become the cultural phenomenon he was.

Back