Be grateful that Sean is abrasive

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Imagine how lifeless his events would be if he was some run of the mill "I respect my opponent and this belt means everything to me" type of guy? All the people bitching about what Sean says would be bitching about how boring this all is. You know what Sean does well? He gives everyone someone to root for. When you have someone to root for, a fight's excitement factor goes up ten fold, and this helps a lot when you consider that Sean's fight style can be slow-paced.

He doesn’t bother me, im happy he got rid of Izzy, I appreciate him calling out the woke garbage, but I also think he comes off a bit incoherent and stupid. Also, him getting triggered by Dricus feeding him his own medicine was a bad look, kinda lost all credibility for me there.

Imagine how lifeless his events would be if he was some run of the mill "I respect my opponent and this belt means everything to me" type of guy? All the people bitching about what Sean says would be bitching about how boring this all is. You know what Sean does well? He gives everyone someone to root for. When you have someone to root for, a fight's excitement factor goes up ten fold, and this helps a lot when you consider that Sean's fight style can be slow-paced.
I feel that way about anyone with an actual personality including Izzy and even Colby.

Yeah, just like how unpopular and hated that GSP guy was.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who the real Sean is. I believe he believes 75% of what he says and the other 25% is to wind people up. He's trying to sell so I get it. I don't need to like everyone and everything they say, but do Iike it when people are real - not disingenuous.

I need my champions to carry a ring of plastic keys on them so they can keep jingling it to keep my attention.

What are they champions of again? I no longer remember.

I am here for the talky talky microphone stuff. I'm so tired of the grabby stuff they do in between the talky stuff.

4 itchy tasty.

Lol, "50-45 GSP" is literally a meme cuz people back in the days found GSP boring. Social media isn't to blame for everything.
Point flew over your head, I said it would be worse. Of course some people found him boring even back in the day

Point flew over your head, I said it would be worse. Of course some people found him boring even back in the day
Right. It's not even the same "boring" argument. The debate at the time was more, "Do you wanna see the best, like GSP? Or is he too boring, so you want to see an action fighter who isn't good, like Leonard Garcia?"

I blame Chael for turning the "boring vs exciting" debate to a purely speaking one, taking the entire conversation of excitement  outside the octagon.

He doesn’t bother me, im happy he got rid of Izzy, I appreciate him calling out the woke garbage, but I also think he comes off a bit incoherent and stupid. Also, him getting triggered by Dricus feeding him his own medicine was a bad look, kinda lost all credibility for me there.
<mma4>
I couldn't sum it up any better.
Glad Sean beat Izzy, hope DDP beats Sean.

Imagine if Sean were actually able to finish opponents.

He wouldn't need the BS, cringe persona.

His ability to KO people would be enough ... but in reality, he's just a point-fighter, with a fake personality, almost like a beta-Colby Covington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back