Be grateful that Sean is abrasive

Be grateful the fans are reacting to it. Seans fights usually aren't barn burners or finish heavy

He doesn’t bother me, im happy he got rid of Izzy, I appreciate him calling out the woke garbage, but I also think he comes off a bit incoherent and stupid. Also, him getting triggered by Dricus feeding him his own medicine was a bad look, kinda lost all credibility for me there.
100% mang
would like if i could
izzy still my man though

Imagine how lifeless his events would be if he was some run of the mill "I respect my opponent and this belt means everything to me" type of guy? All the people bitching about what Sean says would be bitching about how boring this all is. You know what Sean does well? He gives everyone someone to root for. When you have someone to root for, a fight's excitement factor goes up ten fold, and this helps a lot when you consider that Sean's fight style can be slow-paced.

Lol it's funny you bring this up 'cause Strickland actually SAID " This belt means nothing '

Partially agree with you OP, though.

Imagine how lifeless his events would be if he was some run of the mill "I respect my opponent and this belt means everything to me" type of guy? All the people bitching about what Sean says would be bitching about how boring this all is. You know what Sean does well? He gives everyone someone to root for. When you have someone to root for, a fight's excitement factor goes up ten fold, and this helps a lot when you consider that Sean's fight style can be slow-paced.
He literally didn't do one single entertaining thing. Lol. The way he acted in his fight against adasanya was far better than this.

Actually, I would enjoy MMA a lot more without fools like Sean. I know a lot of fans like this WWE sort of thing, and there is a lot of fan crossover even. I think it's incredibly juvenile and foolhardy.

I want to see martial artists matching their skills, not a bunch of 8th grade locker room verbal vomit.

GSP is the model, Fedor is pretty cool too. Fuck morons like Sean.

I think from the company perspective getting a sponsor like Nike would make infinitely more revenue than housing the Colby/Stricklands of the world.

Actually, I would enjoy MMA a lot more without fools like Sean. I know a lot of fans like this WWE sort of thing, and there is a lot of fan crossover even. I think it's incredibly juvenile and foolhardy.

I want to see martial artists matching their skills, not a bunch of 8th grade locker room verbal vomit.

GSP is the model, Fedor is pretty cool too. Fuck morons like Sean.
It's weird seeing Dricus swear, here in SA he's heavily associated with the Springboks, legitimate badasses, double world rugby champs in a row, sponsored by brands like Nike, the whole deal, utterly professional.

Lots of locals who tuned in were pretty surprised how trashy UFC is.

I sent my sister a reminder of the fight, completely forgetting she doesn't know UFC, she and her 9 year old daughter watched....

They enjoyed it a lot, cheering for Dricus, she did tell me that Strickland guy is gross as hell, couldn't believe a sports organization this big would sign a guy like that.

Pro wrestling fangirlism isn't a good look. These guys with all the 'pre fight antics' could not interest me any less, I don't care about fucking made up 'storylines', I watch MMA for the sport aspect. If I wanted homoerotic soap operas I'd just watch wrestling. At the end of the day, I know a Strickland fight is going to be like watching grass grow, no amount of retarded MAGA shit is going to magically make it 'better'.

It's weird seeing Dricus swear, here in SA he's heavily associated with the Springboks, legitimate badasses, double world rugby champs in a row, sponsored by brands like Nike, the whole deal, utterly professional.

I sent my sister a reminder of the fight, completely forgetting she doesn't know UFC, she and her 9 year old daughter watched....

They enjoyed it a lot, cheering for Dricus, she did tell me that Strickland guy is gross as hell, couldn't believe a sports organization this big would sign a guy like that.
lol I thought San Antonio? Saudia Arabia? Then I remembered where he is from.

Yeah I'm sure a lot of places don't care for trashiness, it's sad how well that sells in America because that encourages others to act that way. It never gets pushed that far in major pro sports like football or basketball because those players would get sanctioned for that kind of public talk.

Don't care about Sean's moronic political opinions (kinda enjoy him working people up), but not a fan of his opinions on women and gays.

But he's a HUGE hypocrite.

Also his shouting and voice are annoying.

lol I thought San Antonio? Saudia Arabia? Then I remembered where he is from.

Yeah I'm sure a lot of places don't care for trashiness, it's sad how well that sells in America because that encourages others to act that way. It never gets pushed that far in major pro sports like football or basketball because those players would get sanctioned for that kind of public talk.
Yeah I'm sure it's difficult to sell educated / higher income people on the sport if there's a bird boned skinhead meth head screaming about women or some insane bullshit in it.

Sponsors like Nike will take one look at that guy and do a 180.

The point I'm trying to make, there's enough talent to lure insane sponsors and explode the sport and company, but guys like Strickland fks it up for everyone.

If they're happy with Monster and dick pills or whatever good for them, sure investors won't be though..

I think Dana White and whatever circle he has is too hard stuck in early 2000s. The UFC is carried by athlete quality + talent and not Dana's lame monstertruck bs.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure it's difficult to sell educated / higher income people on the sport if there's a bird boned skinhead meth head screaming about women or some insane bullshit in it.

Sponsors like Nike will take one look at that guy and do a 180.

The point I'm trying to make, there's enough talent to lure insane sponsors and explode the sport and company, but guys like Strickland fks it up for everyone.

If they're happy with Monster and dick pills or whatever good for them, sure investors won't be though..
Right, people wouldn't want their kids watching also. That's one of the reasons the UFC is so far from those sports in popularity- it continues to appeal to the lowest common denominator, which may serve it well in the short run, but in the long run will prevent (at least to some degree along with other factors) the sport from making the leap to the mainstream that other sports have. Even sports like hockey or Nascar that most people don't care about are bigger than the UFC.

Right, people wouldn't want their kids watching also. That's one of the reasons the UFC is so far from those sports in popularity- it continues to appeal to the lowest common denominator, which may serve it well in the short run, but in the long run will prevent (at least to some degree along with other factors) the sport from making the leap to the mainstream that other sports have. Even sports like hockey or Nascar that most people don't care about are bigger than the UFC.
There's absolutely zero reason it shouldn't be easily bigger than those sports, the problem isn't organic growth, it's getting rid of specific and easily identified elements holding it back, they're so close to being genuinely huge and legitimate.

To be BRUTALLY honest, Dana thinks Powerslap is hot shit, in the world of Nike tier sports, he's a moron. He got the company where it is happy for him but lacks vision to make it bigger than it is.

Dana wants a Jerry Springer circus, and that's a massive disservice to the athletes and their sport, you can still make it entertaining without being too clinical and lure proper sponsors and growth.

Last edited:
There's absolutely zero reason it shouldn't be easily bigger than those sports, the problem isn't organic growth, it's getting rid of specific and easily identified elements holding it back, they're so close to being genuinely huge and legitimate.
It's actually a big leap for that to happen though because the UFC is built fundamentally on foundation of principles (or lack of principles) and business concepts that are good for helping it get to the level it is at but make it increasingly difficult to significantly move past that level commercially. You would have to change the image (as we were discussing) a lot as well as taking measures to increase the talent pool (mostly increasing pay) and make it more public friendly. That will never happen unless a true competitor to the UFC arises; Dana will never make those changes by choice. The changes would have to be fundamental in terms of how they operate. There is still a huge gap between sports like hockey/Nascar and the IFC.

I like Izzy.

I don’t care about Sean

Letting a 9 year old watch UFC, but oh no Sean's a meanie bean. JFL...

He doesn’t bother me, im happy he got rid of Izzy, I appreciate him calling out the woke garbage, but I also think he comes off a bit incoherent and stupid. Also, him getting triggered by Dricus feeding him his own medicine was a bad look, kinda lost all credibility for me there.

Yeah. He has a warrior spirit for sure, but he is also ignorant and reactive, and not really willing to see other perspectives. I think if he wasn't so block headed, he could actually like a real life icon, and transcend sports.... much greater, if he hasn't already. Similar to cultural icons of the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back