Battle dizziness?

snyderman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ive been training TKD for about 5 months now, and my biggest problem is dizziness. We do drills where we throw a certain kick over and over in a line across the dojang. When doing fast hook, back side, or hurricane kicks Im about to fall out after about 8 or so. Will this go away after time or am I screwed or what? I try to focus on the paddle Im aiming at, but it moves alot when it is hit with the power those kicks generate. Any suggestions?

i think you should make sure you are breathing right. i like to breathe deeply and in rythm with the exercise. it would probably also help to do some weight lifting and/or cardio to improve your conditioning help you develop good breathing patterns. it might be high blood pressure or something. i'm not a doctor

Another thing to consider is that you may just not tolerate spinning. Might be due to an inner ear imbalance. Do you get motion sickness? A good Doctor can check you and tell you what is going on.

snyderman said:
Ive been training TKD for about 5 months now, and my biggest problem is dizziness. We do drills where we throw a certain kick over and over in a line across the dojang. When doing fast hook, back side, or hurricane kicks Im about to fall out after about 8 or so. Will this go away after time or am I screwed or what? I try to focus on the paddle Im aiming at, but it moves alot when it is hit with the power those kicks generate. Any suggestions?

you'll get used to it. We do sommersaults and cartwheels and front flips in wrestling so that we don't get disoriented during serious scrambles.

Another trick is to pick a spot on the wall in front of you. Try to keep an eye on it while throwing your kick. You'll lose the spot when you turn your head, but as soon as your head returns to the front, immediately focus on that spot. Eventually that spot will be replaced by the target of your kick...but if you're just kicking air, you need something to focus on.

quit TKD and take up MT probly the best bet

Not really 'battle dizziness' as I doubt the dizzy spell has anything to do with 'battle'.

Bacily you're working a drill where you spin around in a circle 10 times fast. Of course it makes you dizzy. Try working effective singles for technique or the spin as part of a combo. 8 spins in a row serves no purpose beyond the McDojo.

lol interesting take KOU. i thought it meant "[can you help me] battle dizziness?"

Back