Social Baton Rouge Will Split into Two Cities Following Court Ruling

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

A wealthy portion of Baton Rouge will split off and incorporate its own city in what proponents say is a bid for better schools and reduced crime, but critics say it will gut Baton Rouge’s tax base and result in a wealthy ‘white enclave.’

In what’s being called a landmark ruling, the Louisiana Supreme Court has authorized the incorporation of a new city called St. George in the suburbs of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The New York Times reports that a 60-square-mile area in the southwest of East Baton Rouge Parish — and the 86,000 residents who live there — will be split off from the blended government that oversees both Baton Rouge and the broader parish and to form an independent city, complete with its own mayor, city council, and public services. The decision is making big waves throughout the region and beyond.

People in St. George wanted their own school district but got denied so they voted ţo leave Baton Rouge and the Louisiana Supreme Court is allowing it.

Baton Rouge is trying to stop this because they are going to lose a major tax base yet the people in St George were not getting representation.

and-here-we-go-joker.gif

Well yeah, they’re almost exclusively the tax base but don’t have any political power whatsoever.

There is tons of areas like that throughout the country. Especially in the south, Conservative leaning mostly(not all) white suburbanites pay the bulk of taxes while a black majority decides who controls everything. We have seen through basically every city with exclusively black governance that nobody else even exists. It’s all “black issues” because it’s a “black city”. The suburbs are just a tax farm.

The NAACP statement pretty much says it all. There is no concern about losing neighbors or of course nothing about taxations relationship to representation. It’s all about losing the tax dollars and what it means for “black folks”

Buckhead in Atlanta was trying for this as well. Don’t know where that ended up but St George was a years long process. But it will come to pass and if it doesn’t..they’ll decamp to greener pastures generations away from urbanist meddling. Buckhead is an irreplaceable tax farm for Atlanta but of course had no say in the excesses of the race essentialist whims of the exclusively black government that pursued all the destructive policies while crime spilled into Buckhead.

Communities, even “predominantly white” communities deserve a say in how they are policed, how their schools are run, and especially how the city is managed and fund allocated when they are the ones largely paying for it.

They don’t want to be powerless while people they don’t have any ideological alignment with…even on basic things like crime..run everything and as race essentialists..all while being called the racists.

City of St George FTW

i suspect there's going to be a lot more cases like this once people have had enough diversity and cultural enrichment.

An area of Atlanta, buckhead, tried to, but it was denied, even by Republican governor kemp, thinking it would hurt what would be left of Atlanta too much. Disgusting as Buckhead overwhelmingly supported it. They had it set to fund everything in their own, but was ruled they have to support Atlanta and their woke DA’s who won’t prosecute crime

Well yeah, they’re almost exclusively the tax base but don’t have any political power whatsoever.

There is tons of areas like that throughout the country. Especially in the south, Conservative leaning mostly(not all) white suburbanites pay the bulk of taxes while a black majority decides who controls everything. We have seen through basically every city with exclusively black governance that nobody else even exists. It’s all “black issues” because it’s a “black city”. The suburbs are just a tax farm.

The NAACP statement pretty much says it all. There is no concern about losing neighbors or of course nothing about taxations relationship to representation. It’s all about losing the tax dollars and what it means for “black folks”

Buckhead in Atlanta was trying for this as well. Don’t know where that ended up but St George was a years long process. But it will come to pass and if it doesn’t..they’ll decamp to greener pastures generations away from urbanist meddling. Buckhead is an irreplaceable tax farm for Atlanta but of course had no say in the excesses of the race essentialist whims of the exclusively black government that pursued all the destructive policies while crime spilled into Buckhead.

Communities, even “predominantly white” communities deserve a say in how they are policed, how their schools are run, and especially how the city is managed and fund allocated when they are the ones largely paying for it.

They don’t want to be powerless while people they don’t have any ideological alignment with…even on basic things like crime..run everything and as race essentialists..all while being called the racists.

City of St George FTW

I find it hard to believe the wealthiest district has no political power.

Or did you mean ALL the political power, which is what rich people expect?

City of St George FTW

I live in Buckhead. The Republicans in the legislature and the Republican Governor Kemp killed the movement to make Buckhead a city.

- Baton Rouge is a cool name!

No amount of coolness in its name is gonna make you wanna live there, I assure you.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is among the U.S. cities with the highest homicide rates. There were a total of 102 murders reported in the city in 2020, or 46.5 for every 100,000 people — well above the national homicide rate of 6.5 murders per 100,000.

There were 952 violent crimes reported for every 100,000 people in Baton Rouge in 2020, compared to 399 incidents per 100,000 nationwide.

I find it hard to believe the wealthiest district has no political power.

Or did you mean ALL the political power, which is what rich people expect?
You are thinking of billionaires a lot of people in St George and Buckhead are middle class. The political slogan "no taxation without representation" perfectly explains what is happening to the people of Buckhead and St George.

You are thinking of billionaires a lot of people in St George and Buckhead are middle class. The political slogan "no taxation without representation" perfectly explains what is happening to the people of Buckhead and St George.

Explain how they get less power than they deserve.

Are you suggesting political power should be commensurate with wealth?

Or because they aren't part of the voting majority they don't have enough influence?

Explain how they get less power than they deserve.

Are you suggesting political power should be commensurate with wealth?

Or because they aren't part of the voting majority they don't have enough influence?
They are paying the majority of the taxes and are getting nothing out of it. Explain why people should get others money without giving them anything in return?

They are paying the majority of the taxes and are getting nothing out of it. Explain why people should get others money without giving them anything in return?

Right, so you're saying influence should be commensurate with wealth.

A few years ago a black woman was sent to prison for sending her son to a school in her father's district (the kid's grandfather). That sort of puts the idea of America as a meritocracy to bed, although only imbeciles ever believed that.

A wealthy district wants their tax money to only serve their district. You think that's just and fair, I think it's despicable, especially when you consider everything America has done to keep wealth out of black hands.

No amount of coolness in its name is gonna make you wanna live there, I assure you.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is among the U.S. cities with the highest homicide rates. There were a total of 102 murders reported in the city in 2020, or 46.5 for every 100,000 people — well above the national homicide rate of 6.5 murders per 100,000.

There were 952 violent crimes reported for every 100,000 people in Baton Rouge in 2020, compared to 399 incidents per 100,000 nationwide.

- I honestly never thought USA was that dangerous. I knew it would get some serial killers, that for some reason dont appear on another contries. I woundt live there, because the criminal here in Brasil, arent racists at least, and wont target me just because i am white.

- I honestly never thought USA was that dangerous. I knew it would get some serial killers, that for some reason dont appear on another contries. I woundt live there, because the criminal here in Brasil, arent racists at least, and wont target me just because i am white.

Most of the USA is extremely safe, but certain cities are off the charts when it comes to murder and robberies.

Now compare the murder rates of those US cities to the cities with the highest murder rates in the world:

Most of the USA is extremely safe, but certain cities are off the charts when it comes to murder and robberies.

Now compare the murder rates of those US cities to the cities with the highest murder rates in the world:

- So it's similar to here. I live in the safest state in Brazil. We have other states that are very dangerous, some states are in the middle.

The biggest diference i see on USA its the racial division, and the fact that criminal there attack their own comunities. Here a criminal will get killed by other criminals for doing that.

Back