Batman v Superman, Independence day 2, New action movies in general

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Watched these movies lately, but they just seem to be lacking something. I fell asleep during Batman v Superman twice, took me three turns to watch it all the way through, I had to take it back to the DVD store a day late.

Watched Independence day 2 at the cinema, it was meh ... Independence day 1 was awesome!! A great and enjoyable movie, Indy day 2 is like 2/10, IMO. I struggled to stay awake, I still can't remember any of the characters' names and no one scene stood out for me.

Batman v Superman is just complicated, jumbled up storyline, some cool scenes, but I just didn't know WTF is going on ... I feel like I needed to "read all the books" or watch the other movies from the universe to understand any of it ... and it's not a stand alone movie.

Thinking of renting out Jurassic World ... but if these movies are anything to go by, it might just be meh ...

I remember watching action movies as a kid, they were fun, had a stand alone storyline and lots of action and a simple story line that I could follow and not pay too much attention to.

I'm not saying I don't like thought provoking, non-lineal stories, but honesly these movies just seem to be a complete clusterf**k of a story.

Everyone's too busy trying to set up cinematic universes so they can milk the shit out of them for mountains of money that telling a good story has become a lost art. Thanks Marvel!

You thought Independence Day was awesome?

Batman vs superman was pretty bad. They tried to shove the content of three or four movies into one.

Haven't seen independence day 2, if you can't even produce a good trailer then fuck you imo

The people who run studios today are accountants and lawyers. They have no real interest in making good movies.

You thought Independence Day was awesome?
The first one was great.

Remember watching it as a kid. Had iconic, memorable scenes and quotes. The white house getting blown up, "welcome to Earth!", The president's speech etc. etc. The storyline as a kid was simple and easy to follow. Aliens attack the earth and humans have to defend it.

In terms of an action flick, I'd give it a 9/10.

Independence day 2 sucked. It was basically the same movie, but a bigger ship, bigger aliens. The characters ... I don't remember any of their names, they were generic and pathetic. I'd give it a 2/10... and that's being generous.

So you're wondering why things were better when you were 10 years old?

Maybe cause you were 10 years old?

I remember when I was 10 my cousins who where in their late teens were the coolest people I knew.

Once I got older I was like "man, those fuckers are lame".

Little kids are easily impressed.

Over reliance on CGI as well. Used to build epic sets, now it's all green screen.

So you're wondering why things were better when you were 10 years old?

Maybe cause you were 10 years old?

I remember when I was 10 my cousins who where in their late teens were the coolest people I knew.

Once I got older I was like "man, those fuckers are lame".

Little kids are easily impressed.

I own independence day 1 on DVD, as a stand alone movie, it is much better than the sequel.

Jurassic World wasn't horrible. A few parts were dumb. Like raptors being a military weapon. Yea that makes perfect sense.

If you fall asleep watching a movie, then its more a case of you having a problem.

If you fall asleep watching a movie, then its more a case of you having a problem.

When I say I fell asleep, I kinda got bored, smooshed my girl and then fell asleep.

Basically, the movie just just didn't captivate me and too complicated.

What the fuck is with all the Independence Day 1 hate? That movie was and still is fucking awesome.

Watched these movies lately, but they just seem to be lacking something. I fell asleep during Batman v Superman twice, took me three turns to watch it all the way through, I had to take it back to the DVD store a day late.

Watched Independence day 2 at the cinema, it was meh ... Independence day 1 was awesome!! A great and enjoyable movie, Indy day 2 is like 2/10, IMO. I struggled to stay awake, I still can't remember any of the characters' names and no one scene stood out for me.

Batman v Superman is just complicated, jumbled up storyline, some cool scenes, but I just didn't know WTF is going on ... I feel like I needed to "read all the books" or watch the other movies from the universe to understand any of it ... and it's not a stand alone movie.

Thinking of renting out Jurassic World ... but if these movies are anything to go by, it might just be meh ...

I remember watching action movies as a kid, they were fun, had a stand alone storyline and lots of action and a simple story line that I could follow and not pay too much attention to.

I'm not saying I don't like thought provoking, non-lineal stories, but honesly these movies just seem to be a complete clusterf**k of a story.

jurassic world was entertaining in a "you people are fucking stupid" way

What the fuck is with all the Independence Day 1 hate? That movie was and still is fucking awesome.
It wasnt just that movie, it was a lot of movies in that time era. They had a type of cheese to them that affected the movie. Compared to movies from the 80s, its not a competition. Funny. 80s has a cheese to it but its part of its charm.

There were some good movies but not from that guy who directed ID4. He was infamous for making big epic driven movies that ended up mediocre at best.

I believe he directed the sequel too.

Not enough cool shit happening, too much focus on plot. Bad plot.

Arnold movies generally had weak writing and plot (except for Terminator and Predator) but that was never the focus of the movie. They were throwing action and explosions at you every few minutes. Batman vs. Superman made us sit through weak nonsensical dialogue and writing just to get 8 minutes of them actually fighting. Lame.

Just watched BvS extended cut. Shit was epic. More coherent and flowed better. Come at me Sherbros.

Everyone's too busy trying to set up cinematic universes so they can milk the shit out of them for mountains of money that telling a good story has become a lost art. Thanks Marvel!
I hate Marvel and virtually all of their movies. It's been years since they've been able to tell a compelling story. Oh, and Avengers totally sucked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattesson Gaucher
Back