Batman v Superman, Independence day 2, New action movies in general

It wasnt just that movie, it was a lot of movies in that time era. They had a type of cheese to them that affected the movie. Compared to movies from the 80s, its not a competition. Funny. 80s has a cheese to it but its part of its charm.

There were some good movies but not from that guy who directed ID4. He was infamous for making big epic driven movies that ended up mediocre at best.

I believe he directed the sequel too.

I find most of Roland Emerich's stuff crap, but not ID4. Love that movie.

Just watched BvS extended cut. Shit was epic. More coherent and flowed better. Come at me Sherbros.
No, you're right.

The original BvS was absolute shiet. It was an incoherent mess.

I decided to give the Ultimate Edition a shot, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is still a largely meh movie (WAY too long, not enough action interspersed throughout the movie, too many plots and subplots squeezed into one film, "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?", etc...) but it was much better in the Ultimate Edition.

It's the intent to sell shit. It's killing all art.

They set up something like Batman vs Superman not because they have a great idea for it. It's because they wanna.make a ton of money. And not just on the film, on all the shit spawned from it.

A studio prefers being able to take a small loss on a giant film and sell billions in merchandise. Rather than make something with integrity that doesn't make for toys and t-shirts.

And I was critical of BVS after my first watch.

But after the second I gotta say, that was one of the worst superhero film's I've ever seen. Every attempt to be intelligent hit a wall of stupid. Every attempt at flashy and light-hearted came off corny. Every attempt at emotion seemed forced until it bordered on satire. The amount of shlock stuffed in was absurd and made it feel like a commercial at points. Fucking logos for the secret files about the rest of the JL?! That came off like satire to me.

The action scenes didn't hold up at all. Just cartoony and trying too hard.

Back