Based on results of Contender Series fighters, should they continue it?

TGArthur

Square up with yo'self motherf*cker
@Steel
Reaction score
Compared to TUF, the quality of the fighters seems substantially worst, and besides maybe 1 or 2 is any really possibly up for title contention?

they should continue it. their level of talent is not that high in any of the weight classes. most weight classes are top heavy. they need all the help they can get.

Have never seen it. Don't know the rules or formats.
What name of interest has come from it?

Have never seen it. Don't know the rules or formats.
What name of interest has come from it?

that white kid with the afro who keeps getting suspended for roids and weed. Shane O' Malley or whatever. a few Hawaii fighters like Dan Ige and Punahele Soriano.

Its not going anywhere as it's an easy & cheap way for the UFC to fill up cards, they strangely seem to think that a fight or two on The Contender legitimises fighters.

that white kid with the afro who keeps getting suspended for roids and weed. Shane O' Malley or whatever. a few Hawaii fighters like Dan Ige and Punahele Soriano.
Was Greg hardy from that show?
Some of the highlights are basement level UFC fights and I haven't seen the last 28 TUF shows

Last edited:
geoff neal,edmen and sodiq are also good ones to

The goals are different DWTNC is more about exciting fights and some fighters have potential but that’s not it’s main goal imo

The goals are different DWTNC is more about exciting fights and some fighters have potential but that’s not it’s main goal imo

yeah, this is how i felt about the show too. it's more about finding exciting prospects to fill the roster, they're not necessarily looking for world beaters.

yeah, this is how i felt about the show too. it's more about finding exciting prospects to fill the roster, they're not necessarily looking for world beaters.
And usually they’re still developing these guys too edmen shahbazyan, Sean O’Malley, dan ige, Karl Roberson, they still pull talent just not there yet imo.

I think it’s better overall than TUF.

TUF served a purpose - getting casuals interested in the sport, by providing backstory and manufactured drama to make the fights / fighters appear more interesting.

However, the formula got played out - 35 minutes of same old “My girlfriend works 5 jobs to take care of our 7 kids, so I can train MMA, and I’m willing to die in the cage”, 5 minutes of coaches bickering while their friends hild them back, followed by 10-15 minutes of light sparring.

“Contender Series” cuts out a lot of the pretense, and lets the in-cage performances do the talking.

I don't care if they keep it or dump it, there's good or bad things too it...either way idc, they just need to at least stop with this 3 or 4 contracts every fricken event. They should also do better scouting for it, some of these people are just no where near UFC level.

Compared to TUF, the quality of the fighters seems substantially worst, and besides maybe 1 or 2 is any really possibly up for title contention?

Based on the results?

Came in expecting at least some basic statistics...

I don't care if they keep it or dump it, there's good or bad things too it...either way idc, they just need to at least stop with this 3 or 4 contracts every fricken event. They should also do better scouting for it, some of these people are just no where near UFC level.

it's because it's based in America. Americans have too many avenues to pick besides joining MMA. if they go to Brazil, or Africa, i guarantee they'll find a lot more hungry animals.

i don't think its produced a top 15 so far

Johnny Walker
Geoff Neal
Edmen Shahbazyan
Ian Heinisch
Sodiq Yusuff
Marina Rodriguez
Maycee Barber
Antonina Shevchenko
Augusto Sakai
Casey Kenney
Alex Perez
Jordan Espinosa
Raulian Paiva

All top 15ers right now, all competed on the Contender Series. I don't think that's all of them, either.

Back