Bas Sub/jiu jitsu

Perhaps me supporting the affirmative to either point is a bit premature on my part, but I believe my point is the least likely to limit ones progression.

If you train equal days per week. Lets say 2 Gi, and 2 No-Gi, if No-Gi is the best, you get exposure to No-Gi and you will train the 'best form for mma.' If gi is the best, you get exposure to gi. But most importantly, perhaps Gi and No-Gi compliment each other, in which case, giving you a greater result than training either or.

If you train No-gi exclusively, or with a heavy bias to it, and it turns out it is the best for training mma, then you are in the clear. If it turns out that the former point of the above paragraph is indeed true, pascal would say you "lose infinitely."

So really, you're playing a game of numbers, unless you have a concrete, arguement winning substantiation of your premise.

Whoah! That's some heavy logic!

so getting back to bas... he's good at the dirty shit' leg locks, neck cranks etc etc.

i've seen his dvds and there plenty of interesting moves, although i can't use a lot of them due to grappling rules.

anyone who thinks he can't grapple should ask guy metzger's knee.

hey knots, at least give us a link to where we can order these magic gi's that prevent the use of over/unders. sounds pretty badass.

the gi makes you better, period. thats why every no-gi grappler worth a damn trains with it and theres really no arguing that point.

theres a minor trend of MMA guys that only train no-gi that say they are "specializing" or some nonsense. the truth is theyre half assing.

im an MMA guy and im much better no-gi, but i know not to pay lip service to the ground game. if youre serious about fighting then you should have a healthy respect for BJJ anyway.

Back