Barnett vs Henderson... Would Dan have ever had a real chance?

See Josh vs Cormier. Also what was Dan's age in that fight?

i dont see what it matters that josh got owned by cormier too,dan is awesome,but it doesnt change the fact that i think barnett would manhandle him at any point in their careers :icon_chee

i dont see what it matters that josh got owned by cormier too,dan is awesome,but it doesnt change the fact that i think barnett would manhandle him at any point in their careers :icon_chee

Umm. Why would you point out Dan vs Cormier as some kind of evidence as to what Josh would do but then ignore that Cormier did the exact same thing to him?

Also, what was Dan's age when he fought Cormier?

We are all entitled to our opinions tho..I'm just not seeing the flow of logic here.

I think if this was 5-6 years ago before everyone else say his only game plan (inside kick + overhand right) then maybe. I think everyone knows that's his only way to win now and can just go the whole fight trying to avoid one thing. I think Roy Nelson is running into a similar issue with guys smart enough to avoid the only thing he has to win fights. Otherwise he loses a decision or gets finished because he has absolutely nothing else but a popcorn fart.

Josh would somehow get the mount of doom (who said that btw?) and it's over, either by dec or sub.

Umm. Why would you point out Dan vs Cormier as some kind of evidence as to what Josh would do but then ignore that Cormier did the exact same thing to him?

i dont see how its relevant. Yeah cormier dominated barnett,and i think barnett would dominate dan in a similar fashion. He's done so to much bigger guys than dan.

prime hendo would be an interesting fight, but todays hendo or really any version of hendo in the last 5 years would get rag dolled

i dont see how its relevant. Yeah cormier dominated barnett,and i think barnett would dominate dan in a similar fashion. He's done so to much bigger guys than dan.

Right but how old was Dan when that happened? :)

Remember when dangerous dan fought nogueira,and nogueira dominated him,but dan had this pesky way of somehow escaping all his sub attempts for 3 rds till he finally got caught. I dont think he could escape barnetts sub attempts. Barnett woulda beast moded it,and there would be no escape :p

Right but how old was Dan when that happened? :)

old dan young dan it doesnt matter,barnett wouldnt have been like fedor,all desperate and brawling with the sandpaper skinned,iron chinned cantankerous cagy veteran. He woulda done like he does in most of his fights,close distance,takedown,transition to mount,GNP,Arm triangle. and thats the story of (young) (old) Dan

It would be like DC vs Hendo - without the slams.

Not true. Barnett vs Cormier actually resembled a fight.

I'd say no... but I never imagined he'd beat Fedor either.

Going back in time before that fight, if you asked me who he had a better chance of beating between Fedor and Barnett, I'd say Barnett

Back