Barnett vs Henderson... Would Dan have ever had a real chance?

I'd say no... but I never imagined he'd beat Fedor either.

Going back in time before that fight, if you asked me who he had a better chance of beating between Fedor and Barnett, I'd say Barnett

I knew that it was the worst idea for Fedor (*and his management especially) after two consecutive losses to let him face Dan Henderson at catchweight. I still remember what my post looked like here on Sherdog - that it will be a loss-loss situation for Fedor anyway. Not that Dan was on TRT and everything, while Fedor was not fighting in his comfortable weight class, but Hendo's brawling style, wrestling base was a disaster waiting to come, after Fedor's reckless (brawling) approach to fights at that time.

Out of all the challenges at HW and LHW, that matchup wasn't making any sense at all.

Dan would have had a chance but I think he loses that more often than not. Barnett likely dominates him on the ground. He was about as good as Big Nog in terms of submissions but his wrestling was much better.

Josh would be smart enough to take Hendo down and use his weight to get a
decision or submission.

When someone has true KO power, they always have a chance. But overall, I think Barnett is more skilled.

I actually like Dan in this fight if it was anywhere from Decision Dan era to Knocking Out Fedor era.
Barnett never had good striking and I could see Hendo fighting off the TD and getting a decision or landing the bomb.

yeah you're pretty clueless if this is your opinion.

no way. hendo would get outwrestled and dominated
Crazy to think that an Olympic caliber wrestler would get outwrestled by someone like Josh Barnett.

Id still pick Dan by a puncher's chance KO.

The fight wouldn't happen because Barnett would pop for steroids.

Crazy to think that an Olympic caliber wrestler would get outwrestled by someone like Josh Barnett.

Id still pick Dan by a puncher's chance KO.

Hendo got outwrestled by Ninja, Wanderlei, Arona, Shogun, Misaki, Rampage and Shields. I think Barnett would outwrestle Dan as well.

Man I love Hendo but I'm in love with Barnetto so..

Barnett probably too big but Dan's H-Bomb could turn the fight in his favor.

Dan used to own up to the 'giant killer' moniker. Even when he was outsized and outmatched his durability and chin held up. Not so much now but about 4-5 years ago/even in PRIDE I think it would have been a hell of a fight.

Little Danny vs Goliath

Back in the day... Hendo might have had a chance to out wrestle Josh for a decision...

And of course Dans power might be the single most greatest equalizer in mma history...

But I would bet on Barnett securing a TD and eventually subbing Dan..

Hendo is always an H-bomb landing away from beating anyone, but I would've heavily favored Barnett in that fight.

Henderson is a blown up MW. How could he ever hope to beat a HW?

Josh is so criminally underrated because of three absolute thrashings by crocop. Take those out of his resume and its one of the greatest in the history of the sport.

fpyFyEa.gif

Back