Barnett vs Henderson... Would Dan have ever had a real chance?

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dan used to own up to the 'giant killer' moniker. Even when he was outsized and outmatched his durability and chin held up. Not so much now but about 4-5 years ago/even in PRIDE I think it would have been a hell of a fight.

Little Danny vs Goliath

On paper he should get smashed, but he won a lot of fights that on paper you'd expect him to get annilhated

I actually like Dan in this fight if it was anywhere from Decision Dan era to Knocking Out Fedor era.
Barnett never had good striking and I could see Hendo fighting off the TD and getting a decision or landing the bomb.

no way. hendo would get outwrestled and dominated

Barnett's old fashioned roids vs Henderson's fancy trt.

I like :3

Dan was the scrappiest fighter in his prime. it's safe to say that his chin would've held up. Dan is a survivor too. He could hang out for 5 minutes with somebody mounted on him.

Josh was durable too, though. and although he has had plenty of fights in which he has ridden a fighter from mount for a long time, he is very aggressive with subs and is a thicker submission-machine than nog (although nog was more agile).

Dan always wouldve had a shot. His best shot would've been in 2005 or early 06 before barnett got into great shape for the OWGP.

I'd still take Josh via Kimura or armbar, but I could've been wrong.

He has puncher chance with H-bomb but other way easy fight of Barnett

A slight chance for Hendo, butJosh would be in favor

Josh by sub, but Hendo of course would make him work like hell for it.

Barnett should pretty easily mount and submit Henderson. Keylock or something like that. Hendo has pulled off some miracle wins though, so never say never.

The size difference would be pretty ridiculous though. Hendo was a welterweight in Pride and Barnett is a really big HW.

I think it would have been a real scrap and a dog fight.

Last edited:
Is Barnett retired?

Perfect retirement fight for both of em.

TRTless Hendo will get completely destroyed by Barnett.

I actually like Dan in this fight if it was anywhere from Decision Dan era to Knocking Out Fedor era.
Barnett never had good striking and I could see Hendo fighting off the TD and getting a decision or landing the bomb.

Dan would not stuff Barnett's takedowns at any point. Josh subs him quick and easy.

Well considering he beat both Nog and Fedor I would say he would have had a chance

see dan vs cormier

Back