Bar

MMABr

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
source in portuguese: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2014/05/barao-quer-revanche-imediata-com-dillashaw-tenho-muito-mais-jogo.html

Without a doubt I want it (an immediate rematch). I know I can beat Dillashaw. He was on his day, but I believe I've got more game. I really want to have the opportunity to go back and deliver. I'll let the UFC decide. Whoever comes, I'll be ready to fight, but I hope it will be an immediate rematch.

The training was very hard. I was well prepared, I can't say I wasn't and have no excuses. I wanted to rest a bit more, but we talked, and I had a good and complete camp. My plans now are to rest, go back to my home city to see my family and, afterwards, bring the belt back to Brazil.

I have mixed feelings about the idea. Already made a thread about my thoughts on Bar

I got Barao in the rematch, but he doesn't deserve it.

Should get an immediate rematch based on the only champion not giving an excuse for losing.

"I have no excuses...but here's my excuse"
Take a nap and beat up a contender first, Renan. This immediate rematch shit is just out of control. I have no interest in seeing someone who got their ass kicked for almost 25 minutes get an immediate rematch and stymie a division that just got interesting again.

unnecessary insta-rematches are helping to kill the interest in this sport.

Barao wasn't pointed out in a decision that was close. He was beat from bell-to-bell and finished. He needs to win a couple and then fight for the title again.

love barao but he dont deserve it. he got beat real bad, then finished.

cruz vs barao for next shot at the belt i say.

and before ppl start saying well how come anderson got an immediate rematch, anderson ruled his division for years. barao was dominant, but not for that long and he got absolutely wrecked from start to finish.

He didn't hold the belt long enough to warrant an immediate rematch, and he did not lose in a controversial way. 1-2 wins and he'll get another title shot, it's hard to imagine anyone else at BW who would beat him, except for maybe Cruz and maybe Mayday in the future.

"I have no excuses...but here's my excuse"
Take a nap and beat up a contender first, Renan. This immediate rematch shit is just out of control. I have no interest in seeing someone who got their ass kicked for almost 25 minutes get an immediate rematch and stymie a division that just got interesting again.

Amen.

Barao = BJ Penn
Dillashaw = Frankie Edgar

Dillashaw has Barao's number.

unnecessary insta-rematches are helping to kill the interest in this sport.

Barao wasn't pointed out in a decision that was close. He was beat from bell-to-bell and finished. He needs to win a couple and then fight for the title again.
This.

This is an Anderson Silva situation. The same thing always happens in boxing when you have an established champ lose. Instant rematch. He has earned it. He gave that division credibility and he made everyone else step up their game.

If Robbie Lawler didn't get an auto rematch after the Hendricks fight then Barao shouldn't after getting beat on for five rounds.

If he fights Faber now that it's a non championship fight, he'll get RNC'd in the 3rd.

Mizugaki v Barao for #1 contender

Dillashaw v Assancao for title fight

Back