Bar

"I have no excuses...but here's my excuse"
Take a nap and beat up a contender first, Renan. This immediate rematch shit is just out of control. I have no interest in seeing someone who got their ass kicked for almost 25 minutes get an immediate rematch and stymie a division that just got interesting again.

He should definitely win another fight first, he is in no position to get an immediate rematch after his performance.

I don't agree with an instant rematch in this case.

Anderson received one because of his long streak of domination in the UFC and they repayed him in kind. I don't believe Barao had earned that honor yet.

Give him top contender and if he wins semi-convincingly then give him his shot.

R U sure right away. I think Barao is a competitor but don't you want to see D Shaw fight someone else to see if there are weaknesses you can exploit in the future. If you lose again that could be a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time before another title shot.

He literally made an excuse in the quote

I don't think that was much of an excuse. He still said the camp was good and didn't say he felt worn out or anything. Probably was just mentioning that it was a quick turnaround.

This is an Anderson Silva situation. The same thing always happens in boxing when you have an established champ lose. Instant rematch. He has earned it. He gave that division credibility and he made everyone else step up their game.

No it's not. Anderson held the belt for years. Barao looked very dominant in his last couple of wins, but he never even dethroned the guy who was previously one of the more dominant champs (Dominick Cruz). Barao is a great fighter, but his reign as champion was nowhere near Anderson or GSP's. Due to Renan's record and dominance over other contentders, it's likely that he is only 1-2 wins away from another shot. They will probably sacrifice Mizugaki to him and depending on how the division looks, that might be enough to get him another shot. And when Cruz returns that will also be very interesting.

I don't think that was much of an excuse. He still said the camp was good and didn't say he felt worn out or anything. Probably was just mentioning that it was a quick turnaround.

I agree, it wasn't really an excuse, it is more of what actually happened. He gave TJ his credit.

A Brazilian giving an excuse. Shocker!!!

No rematch for Barao.

He literally made an excuse in the quote

come on man, saying he wanted a bit more time to rest isn't an excuse.

Winners and losers in the fight game say the same thing all the time, but it isn't used as the reason for X or Y performance. He's been a very active champ and cuts more weight than anyone. His camps are insane.

He needed more rest from his 3 minute fight?

The interim champ was owned. Next...

I hope there's no instant rematch. Barao got beat up for 5 rounds. It's not like the fight ended early via sub or KO that left people doubting, he got his ass handed to him in every single round. I don't see anyone beating Barao so shouldn't be any issues with fighting a contender first before fighting for the belt again. Rematches were fun a couple of years back, e.g. Maynard vs Edgar, but now it has to stop. Can't continue holding up a division for years. What if Barao beats TJ in a rematch? Then it will be another 6 months and the same guys fight for the belt again. I truly hope that the UFC spares us from this.

Barao simply doesn't deserve it AND he's not even a draw, so what sense would that make?

Did you even read the quote? That's not an excuse

It could be. He might be insinuating that he was too tired to effectively train and therefore was not fully prepared for the fight.

I don't think that's what he was trying to say, but it could be.

Renan still the best and he will be back, just watch.

All you fuckers that jumped on the TJ bandwagon will stop believing once he gets knocked out.

He should have at least one fight before having a shot to take the title back.
There are contenders waiting to get their chance.

No it's not. Anderson held the belt for years. Barao looked very dominant in his last couple of wins, but he never even dethroned the guy who was previously one of the more dominant champs (Dominick Cruz). Barao is a great fighter, but his reign as champion was nowhere near Anderson or GSP's. Due to Renan's record and dominance over other contentders, it's likely that he is only 1-2 wins away from another shot. They will probably sacrifice Mizugaki to him and depending on how the division looks, that might be enough to get him another shot. And when Cruz returns that will also be very interesting.
Barao has one of the longest win streaks in MMA history. If your history of him is only confined to what he did in the UFC, that's your own problem.

Back