Bar

It could be. He might be insinuating that he was too tired to effectively train and therefore was not fully prepared for the fight.

I don't think that's what he was trying to say, but it could be.

You would need a whole lot of reaching to conclude that, and you know that damn well!

also: hell no to immediate rematch!

Seriously I understand immediate rematches when it's a close/controversial fight. But an immediate rematch when you get dominated for 4 rounds and then finished in the 5th, it's just not an attractive idea to me.

It could be. He might be insinuating that he was too tired to effectively train and therefore was not fully prepared for the fight.

I don't think that's what he was trying to say, but it could be.

He was trying to say what he said. Stop trying to find things where they aren't.

It's just people see what they want to see, and that's it I guess.
Then they try to rewrite reality to fit theirs.

He should work his way back to title contention so he can appreciate that belt a lot more.

renan woudl kill dillishaw in the rematch

either way dillishaw won't hold the belt long

unnecessary insta-rematches are helping to kill the interest in this sport.

Barao wasn't pointed out in a decision that was close. He was beat from bell-to-bell and finished. He needs to win a couple and then fight for the title again.

This

Barao has one of the longest win streaks in MMA history. If your history of him is only confined to what he did in the UFC, that's your own problem.

true that, and while it being a very impressive record, its not a streak of being champ of the ufc. i believe that's what ppl are taking into consideration here, myself included. he has barely a handful of defenses, and was convincingly beaten for 5 rounds in his last outing before being finished.

true that, and while it being a very impressive record, its not a streak of being champ of the ufc. i believe that's what ppl are taking into consideration here, myself included. he has barely a handful of defenses, and was convincingly beaten for 5 rounds in his last outing before being finished.

This. Barao's winning streak is great, and one of the reasons why he will go down as an all-time great, but it's not what will get him an immediate rematch.

This is an Anderson Silva situation. The same thing always happens in boxing when you have an established champ lose. Instant rematch. He has earned it. He gave that division credibility and he made everyone else step up their game.

This is nothing like an Anderson Silva situation. Silva defended his title 10 times. Barao only defended 3 times (and that's counting 2 interim defenses).

Assuncao should be next. He owns a recent win over the new champ and whether people felt that decision was bad or not, he gave Dillashaw way more trouble than Barao.

I think Barao should face a returning Dominick Cruz.

Give Dillashaw a chance to avenge the Assuncao loss. Barao can fight Mizugaki or Cruz. He's easily a win or two away from a rematch.

Based on his record, I do believe you can fairly give him a rematch.

I'm usually not a fan of the baby weights or rematches but this one would be intriguing to me.

"I have no excuses...but here's my excuse"
Take a nap and beat up a contender first, Renan. This immediate rematch shit is just out of control. I have no interest in seeing someone who got their ass kicked for almost 25 minutes get an immediate rematch and stymie a division that just got interesting again.

How is wanting a rematch for a titleshot an excuse? He would be a dumbass if he wanted anything else.

He literally made an excuse in the quote

No he didn't.

He said he wanted to rest a bit more. He doesn't say that is why he thinks he lost. That's your own projection making that leap.

"I wanted to rest a bit more, but we talked, and I had a good and complete camp".

He even says his camp wqas good and complete.

No excuses and it would take a hater (or possibly simpleton) to twist what he said into one.

This is nothing like an Anderson Silva situation. Silva defended his title 10 times. Barao only defended 3 times (and that's counting 2 interim defenses).

Assuncao should be next. He owns a recent win over the new champ and whether people felt that decision was bad or not, he gave Dillashaw way more trouble than Barao.

I think Barao should face a returning Dominick Cruz.

you post was perfect right up until the part in bold. Cruz when he finally comes back needs a gimmie fight, not a monster like Barao.

TJ vs Assuncao
Barao vs Mizaguki -for title shot
Faber/Bruce Leeroy winner vs Cruz (after gimmie fight) for next title shot.

makes perfect sense to me.

Back