Law Ban on Assault Weapons Coming

People don't like police because they have rifles in their patrol cars?
I was referring to his dismissive comment, thought that was obvious to most but I guess to some it takes a little more work to get.

Yeah, that was a weird post. The West Hollywood shootout showed how necessary it is to have a rifle in the trunk.
The vast majority of gun crimes are committed by handguns, I think cops can manage without a rifle the vast majority of the time.

The vast majority of gun crimes are committed by handguns, I think cops can manage without a rifle the vast majority of the time.

I get what you’re saying but with that kind of job it’s better to be proactive than reactive. And although it might be different where you are I can’t recall the last time I saw a cop just randomly carrying his rifle around unless they were training or had some hostage situation going on.

You’re using the same logic that gun controlls use in wanting to ban “assault” weapons. “Well no one needs...”

Then you wonder why people don't like police.

"Hurr durr, dEaL wItH it"

patrol rifles were introduced and became readily available after police were outgunned multiple times most notably during the cali bank robbery in the 90s when they had to raid a gun store to get more firepower to take down the armored and heavily armed bank robbers. Patrol rifles are not going anywhere and I don’t think biden is that stupid to try and do that because he would 100% lose that.

And shame on me for having feelings about an infringement on a constitutional right, unlike someone who clearly not only does not respect the second amendment but also wants to disarm police. I will take my righteous anger over whiny musings any day

Firstly, Those are sporting rifles not Assault Weapons.
Secondly, Gun Control is racist and only directly impacts poor people and those at the epicenters of the most concentrated areas of gun violence in the US. If you can afford private security gun laws don’t apply to you.

patrol rifles were introduced and became readily available after police were outgunned multiple times most notably during the cali bank robbery in the 90s when they had to raid a gun store to get more firepower to take down the armored and heavily armed bank robbers. Patrol rifles are not going anywhere and I don’t think biden is that stupid to try and do that because he would 100% lose that.

And shame on me for having feelings about an infringement on a constitutional right, unlike someone who clearly not only does not respect the second amendment but also wants to disarm police. I will take my righteous anger over whiny musings any day
When did I say I don't respect the 2nd amendment? Seems like a reach.

Oh and from where I stand your "righteous anger" just looks like whiny musings to me with projection to boot.

You’re using the same logic that gun controlls use in wanting to ban “assault” weapons. “Well no one needs...”
You don't have the same rights as a cop on the job as you do as a private citizen.

Its not something I feel super strongly about though. Patrol rifles are the least of the problems with police, I can easily admit that.

INB4 someone calls you a racist for telling the truth.

It happens often enough. I don’t care at this point. I have been to dozens of homicides and even more shootings. In my entire career, only one shooter was white and one shooting victim was white. Everyone else was black. It’s facts and incontrovertible that black suspects and victims are a ridiculously overwhelming over representation in these stats-but Biden wants to go after lawful gun owners instead of the people piling up bodies in every major city and the root causes of that violence. I routinely point out these facts when idiots claim police hunt blacks when they have their very own genocide going on and very very few even care.

It's just lip service. It will never happen so I don't care how many times he says it.

When did I say I don't respect the 2nd amendment? Seems like a reach.

Oh and from where I stand your "righteous anger" just looks like whiny musings to me with projection to boot.

maybe I read the part wrong where you specifically state “I am for an assault weapons ban.”

Biden just said its time to ban them and high capacity magazines? I don't even know what that means but I am guessing people gonna be mad about it.

What is a Assault Weapon exactly? AK type gun?

A weapon that can be used to assault people.
Automatic guns, handguns, nunchaku, knives, and so on.

Ban everything. Lock ‘em up, this cushy judicial system needs to end.

It happens often enough. I don’t care at this point. I have been to dozens of homicides and even more shootings. In my entire career, only one shooter was white and one shooting victim was white. Everyone else was black. It’s facts and incontrovertible that black suspects and victims are a ridiculously overwhelming over representation in these stats-but Biden wants to go after lawful gun owners instead of the people piling up bodies in every major city and the root causes of that violence. I routinely point out these facts when idiots claim police hunt blacks when they have their very own genocide going on and very very few even care.

It truly is a genocide.

7 year old killed at McDonald's last week, a 3 year old boy murdered a few days ago, and yesterday or the day before an infant shot and killed.

No mean tweets from LeBum about it though.

The leading cause of death for a black Male aged 44 and under, in America, is homicide, but somehow cops are the problem...

https://www.gainesville.com/story/s...ack-males-age-44-and-younger-in-us/112900786/

Literally hunted, but not by white cops.

Maybe someday LeBum will come off his shining pillar of hypocrisy and selective outrage and make some mean tweets about all the blacks, especially kids, being murdered by fellow blacks - but I doubt it

You don't have the same rights as a cop on the job as you do as a private citizen.

Its not something I feel super strongly about though. Patrol rifles are the least of the problems with police, I can easily admit that.
Which is why cops go to their rifle as a last resort. No one is “patrolling” with one.

It truly is a genocide.

7 year old killed at McDonald's last week, a 3 year old boy murdered a few days ago, and yesterday or the day before an infant shot and killed.

No mean tweets from LeBum about it though.

The leading cause of death for a black Male aged 44 and under, in America, is homicide, but somehow cops are the problem...

https://www.gainesville.com/story/s...ack-males-age-44-and-younger-in-us/112900786/

Literally hunted, but not by white cops.

Maybe someday LeBum will come off his shining pillar of hypocrisy and selective outrage and make some mean tweets about all the blacks, especially kids, being murdered by fellow blacks - but I doubt it

The community is not completely wrong about police viewing young black males as criminals-but those assumptions are so often based upon facts and statistics. You arrest a guy multiple times for crimes and you assume he is a criminal? According to some, using that history is racist. But when the cops are wrong, they are wrong and that needs to be fixed. Cops need to disown bad cops and admit mistakes. The community needs to recognize that there are many criminals amongst them that terrorize their community and disown them-but they don’t. Both sides come to the defense of their own and they need to work together. Both sides think, rightly so, that admitting there are criminals amongst them paints all of them as bad. We need to move past that with dialogue. Open dialogue. But it’s tough to do with so much hate on both sides. It seems to be a self perpetuating cycle

Yeah, they should have to scramble and hit up pawn shops when they need something more high powered.

Did you read the second part?

the part about the bolt action rifles or that only swat should have access to patrol rifles because swat is always on patrol? In large departments, swat does not patrol and take quite a while to muster. I used to carry a patrol rifle that was assigned to me. I had it with me, but I can only think of one time I got it out and that was in response to being the only one on scene with a guy that had an ar-15 over a neighbor dispute and he was standing in the street. I had to take him down by myself and going into that with only a pistol is ridiculous. Law enforcement needs to be given and equipped with the tools needed to respond to any situation immediately-not 20 minutes later.

Back