Law Ban on Assault Weapons Coming

Over-penetration wasn't my main concern as I've heard some pretty crazy stories of stray bullets from gang shootings killing people from pretty far away even through walls. Its nuts I think most people would be surprised how far a 9mm will go in terms of distance and through walls and still remain lethal. But fair enough I did assume that rifle rounds go further.

But n the other hand rifle rounds, because of their tumbling effect which reduce over-penetration, inflict a lot more tissue damage and are harder to survive from. I wouldn't know but I would imagine the gap between their potential to perpetrate across distance and through walls is less than the gap between the kind of tissue damage they inflict.

Well as you can see from those gel tests, 5.56 is significantly more devastating to a target for sure.

So tumbling will be more dependent on the rounds design, velocity upon impact and construction. There is a fragmentation threshold on these bullets and that is dependent on their construction/design. Some terrible designs might be 2500 ish fps or good hunting/defensive rounds around 1700 fps. So with this round for example
5.56-69-Gr.-TMK.jpg

It's going to go like 400 yards before it might fail to fragment. Vs say this m855
S9_d_kmFPPkYjRwfwMfYa8rN7G7KCt_hRHDQHJcegPq6q63juOXxO30q_sOfZTmgwB48Tex8efY4jfl-Rf_hAN9gZZWcZsxC2ZcXRRsnM85c01O3ZQV-2l1dFHOWCyTNSnhl

But keep in mind these rounds will also start fragmenting or tumbling when they hit a house wall as well. That actually sheds a lot of energy and velocity as well leading to an increasingly less lethal round. A 5.56 after hitting the exterior walls or a house (stucco, wood siding, brick, block or whatever) is going to be less lethal than pistol rounds.

Here is a drywall test that shows some different rounds.

https://how-i-did-it.org/drywall/results.html

Assault weapons, aka "any semi automatic rifle" should only legally be allowed to be possessed by
the government (never in history proven to be untrustworthy) and private security for rich folks.

Anyone else that feels the want or need must just have a small sex organ.

Last edited:
Anti gun control people - "AR15s are no more lethal than other guns, even shotguns"
Gun control people - "Okay, so you can defend yourself and property with a shotgun, great"
Anti gun control people - "No! Besides...something something knife deaths..."
Gun control people - "Would the Vegas shooter have killed 50+ with a shotgun or throwing knives from his hotel room?"
Anti gun control people - "Something something tyranny..."

I'm not for gun control, I believe in everyone's right to protect themselves but how anyone can claim the weapon of choice in 99% of mass shootings isn't a problem that needs addressing is absurd.
He could have got 50 kills with a shotgun during that tightly packed event.

A semi auto version of a 70 year old design is not the problem. Why would you ban a design that stood the test of combat and time? It's one of the best designs for home self defense, fun and competitions.

It's becoming apparent all the radical changes to society is causing the problems and guns are being conveniently blamed.

I believe in an assault weapons ban

For police. They should only used pistol caliber guns, shotguns, and if they must use weapons with rifle cartridges they should be bolt action marksmen rifles. The only exception should be special units like SWAT.

The idea is generally you have access to superior firepower so that if a worst case scenario happens you aren't outgunned. For example military and Police having access to armoured vehicles and automatic weapons to outperform the usual Semi auto rifles and pistols that most people use and have access to.

I live in Australia and we have what you talk about and no easy access to semi auto guns for the public. It's great until you have one day have a group of people armed with knives running through the streets. Imagine if they also had guns. It's harder to get them here in Australia. better armed Police can prevent these tragedies.

Biden just said its time to ban them and high capacity magazines? I don't even know what that means but I am guessing people gonna be mad about it.

What is a Assault Weapon exactly? AK type gun?

Let me help:

"Ban" means to restrict something

"High" means "large" or "many"
"Capacity" is a reference to the limitation on how much a thing can hold.

I hope that helps,

the-more-you-know.jpg

He could have got 50 kills with a shotgun during that tightly packed event.

A semi auto version of a 70 year old design is not the problem. Why would you ban a design that stood the test of combat and time? It's one of the best designs for home self defense, fun and competitions.

It's becoming apparent all the radical changes to society is causing the problems and guns are being conveniently blamed.

Shotguns typically hold less than 10 shots, so the shooter would likely be taken down once they ran dry.

I think it makes sense to ban ridiculous capacity magazines as they are not needed for militia purposes (military never uses them). They are most useful for those that want to kill a bunch of people without being vulnerable while reloading.

I say limit mag capacity to 20. Get rid of these:

R804b003673c82c0d8d4af2a600b14cd3

Also ban handguns outright, they are also not a useful milita weapon--most soldiers aren't even issued a handgun these days.

Shotguns typically hold less than 10 shots, so the shooter would likely be taken down once they ran dry.

I think it makes sense to ban ridiculous capacity magazines as they are not needed for militia purposes (military never uses them). They are most useful for those that want to kill a bunch of people without being vulnerable while reloading.

What did a Beta C Mag ever do to you?

Also ban handguns outright, they are also not a useful milita weapon--most soldiers aren't even issued a handgun these days.

No one uses those already unless playing call of duty due to high failure rates. And why is 20 fine but that standard 30 is not ?

If in fact this 'ban' on 'assault type' weapons becomes a reality, I'm wondering if there will be a grace period for turning them in, or will just address production of new ones.
Also, I'm wondering if there will be a bounty so to speak on retrieving them for destruction. Can you see it now? Neighbors snitching each other off to collect a 'finders fee'"?
The US is traditionally in love with guns and for a reason. Historically, the citizenry has never trusted it's government to protect them and worried about instability from corruption therein.

Last edited:

Depending on how good he is with a pump and reloading from a bandolier or ammo can full of shells.

Then there's these types of shotguns.

Would you ban magpul?

Last edited:

I say limit mag capacity to 20

The standard magazine issued with the M4 these days is 30rnds, and some people opt to buy optional 40rnd aftermarket mags. And then we have the M249, where the standard issue mag capacity is 100rnds. So your argument doesn't really work.

The only shooter I know of with a beta mag was the aurora theater guy and it jammed up immediately so we switched guns. Using that mag may have saved a life or two.

Start that as a slogan and see how it goes

High capacity magazines save more lives!

Didn't one of those assholes use 10 rounders ?

Feel like paddock mighta used one of those weird 40 round ones but I'm not sure on that

Start that as a slogan and see how it goes

High capacity magazines save more lives!

Didn't one of those assholes use 10 rounders ?

Feel like paddock mighta used one of those weird 40 round ones but I'm not sure on that

Paddock had a bunch of 60 and 100 round Surefire mags. Parkland kid used 10 rounders.

Back