• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ban alcohol

LMAO. We'd be swamped with immigrants.

Lol thinking about it you could probably solve a lot of societies issue by banning men from drinking.
That would decrease violence, prisoners, health issue cost, and divorces.
While at the same time heavily subsidize it for women would do wonders for the birthrate.

315 Americans are shot every day. 96 of those people die from their injuries. There's a mass shooting nearly every day -- in fact, in the span of a year it's statistically accurate to say there is a mass shooting every day. It's only in the context of many years that the rate drops to less than one per day.

Your comparison needs rethinking.

How many of those shootings involve drugs?

You want to talk about stopping 60% of the gun violence in this country?

Let's talk about the failed war on drugs, and talk about if we want more prohibition, or less of it.

No benefits to alcohol? Blasphemer!!!!1!

315 Americans are shot every day. 96 of those people die from their injuries. There's a mass shooting nearly every day -- in fact, in the span of a year it's statistically accurate to say there is a mass shooting every day. It's only in the context of many years that the rate drops to less than one per day.

Your comparison needs rethinking.

15 k vs 10k. I didn't make the number up.

You're giving a number of 35000 deaths by guns. so I assume that has to include suicides?

I would gladly vote to outright ban ArmaLite style rifles if it would get the liberals to shut up. My brother has a Daniel Defense AR15 and bump stock but it's all for fun. You don't need one to hunt and you dont need one to defend yourself. My semi-auto Benelli M4 is more than enough to kill intruders at home and any handgun is more than enough to defend against assailants on the street. The .223 versions of the rifle are meant for accurate mid to long range targets which is not self defense, it's straight up battle. Or in many cases targeted mass murder.

I mite be laughed at for saying this, but I don't believe modern day capitalist societies can survive without alcohol.

How many of those shootings involve guns?

<seedat>

How many of those shootings occurred during the great depression, when we also had guns?

Or even during the summer of 67 when half this countries major cities were on fire with riots, and we had guns?

This country has been in so much greater crisis then we are now, we were then also armed to the teeth as a citizenry, and yet we didn't have these shootings.

Honestly man, I have some ideas about what is going on, but I really have no idea. What I do know, is that blaming guns for these shootings, fails my logic test.

You know me. I am open to new information and new ideas. Convince me I am wrong.

Last edited:
I mite be laughed at for saying this, but I don't believe modern day capitalist societies can survive without alcohol.

no one is wondering if societies can survive without alcohol

its the silly idea that you can somehow stop people from consuming and trafficking alcohol

Prohibition 2, Make America Great Again!

th

Sure it could. But here is your paradox. As a capitalist society we know where there is demand, supply finds a way.

So how do you stop demand, because that is the only way you could ever possibly stop supply.

I would gladly vote to outright ban ArmaLite style rifles if it would get the liberals to shut up. My brother has a Daniel Defense AR15 and bump stock but it's all for fun. You don't need one to hunt and you dont need one to defend yourself. My semi-auto Benelli M4 is more than enough to kill intruders at home and any handgun is more than enough to defend against assailants on the street. The .223 versions of the rifle are meant for accurate mid to long range targets which is not self defense, it's straight up battle. Or in many cases targeted mass murder.

I like this analysis.
My only concern would be is that they would just find a new weapon of choice.
Crazy gonna crazy.

its the silly idea that you can somehow stop people from consuming and trafficking alcohol

Maybe someone is.

You could theoretically stop people if you are willing to go to an ISIS level type authoritarian society (or a few shades lighter).

In Western societies though yeah, I'd agree it's virtually impossible, like it is with getting people to stop smoking the ganja.

But I do think the more interesting question why do we always have to portray alcohol as a bad thing.

agreed, but that doesn't stop the massive amount of money spent on the drug war, which literally has had no demonstrable benefit on drug usage. A 3500% increase in spending on fighting drugs between 1970 and 2011 had no effect on daily use of marijuana, heroin, or any type of cocaine.

How many of those shootings occurred during the great depression, when we also had guns?

Or even during the summer of 67 when half this countries major cities were on fire with riots, and we had guns?

This country has been in so much greater crisis then we are now, we were then also armed to the teeth as a citizenry, and yet we didn't have these shootings.

Honestly man, I have some ideas about what is going on, but I really have no idea. What I do know, is that blaming guns for these shootings, fails my logic test.

You know me. I am open to new information and new ideas. Convince me I am wrong.

Are you aware that the annual number of shootings in America have risen in lockstep with the number of guns in circulation? What an unexpected correlation.

Back