Bambu Labs X1 Carbon new 3D printer is a game changer possibly?

Pretty easy question I have seen 3D printers make prusa mini 3d printer copies, used to make CNC machines that cut Aluminum parts, massive 5 foot tall an 5 foot wide 3D printer parts. It's very extensive as far as that goes.

Haha that is so wild to me, but I'm not surprised. This tech is just going to get better and better. I saw a new machine when lurking Kickstarter last night but didn't give it a closer look.

Reactions: PEB
Here is an update of my Mr Piggy the horse jump as weather has slowed the process down. lol

full

Linus Tech Tips love their Bambu Lab printers.

Dan should be told it's recommend not to use the AMS to print abrasive materials like Carbon Fiber infused materials like PA, PAHT-CF, PLA-CF and PLA-METAL and likely PLA-marble no idea how that works lol. Some creative people have mod them with replaceable strong TPU feeder materal. I run my externally through a box that also dries filament too.

Correction: no Bambu Lab says it's OK to use the AMS with PAHT-CF. I'm sure people were complaining they could not use the AMS due to buying water soluble materials.

Last edited:
My some 3D printed parts for horse jump by Bambu Lab printer is almost done. This is a horse jump for children learning how to jump. Going to the stable after the 20th of March.

full

Another type of 3D printing obviously using popular modeling tool like Fusion 360.

This is interesting.

Tomorrow is Pi day apparently and a friend is printing these with his Bambu Lab printer. You could make a nice chunk of cash with these at 2.50 each. It prints in around an hour with around 20 of them it seems. They where scaled by 240 percent from earrings to neckless size. It was done for a 6 grander math class because of Pi day.

full

full

This is something I put down 500 dollars to buy for 6,800 bucks and I now been holding off because I have no room lol. Langmuir Systems MR-1 top it off people have been working out the issues with it so I am waiting. They are introducing a new epoxy/concrete base that will not be out till April. Likely holding off till then by then hopefully resolve my space issue.

Last edited:
Someone from my Bambu Lab group built this perfect copy of R2D2 amazing. They are experts with machine tools.

full

Prusa Mk4 the 1,000 dollar replacement for the Mk3 comparable in performance to the Bambu Labs a little slower but in range open frame design though.

Off topic but great stuff though not a great model my 3D scanning would top it.

Last edited:
Bambu Lab paying attention big time.

They hinted they may sue Chinese vs Chinese companies could get interesting.

Someone from my Bambu Lab Facebook group 3D printed this on the Bambu Lab printer pretty appropriate for what is in the theaters now lol.

full

"
79 hours total print time, 2.24 Kg and 736 meters of various Pla+ ...
500% serious remix of Anthonylu Super Mario complete set

Someone revised the famous "This is fine" meme and made it 3D posted it before and someone put it up on printables for free.

https://www.printables.com/model/45...-MnnQoRoDHm5yM5ksVVXsLpRA4_lhqArpSvkC9P66SjRg

https://www.printables.com/model/431372-this-is-fine-dog-remix#preview

full

"
Description
PDF
This is a remix of Erin Fezell's version found here:

https://www.printables.com/model/43...jZsrX4Ab441mqVA-o0FUJ5eKhY0Ivk81MdfXJbqH5z3RQ

I really liked her version of the Dog, so that inspired me to make the Diorama based on the Comic. The Dog and the text font models were directly reused from Erin's make, just resized down to 60% for this version. No other modifications were made to those.

The Flames were remade to print flat, and the Chair has separate printable legs. All credit goes to Erin because I would not have thought to do this at all, had I not seen her version.

Everything was printed on Bambu X1C and P1P.

Please check the Picture Diagram for the reference to each STL and quick pointers.

All parts except Cup, Dog, and some parts that you decide to print separately, should have some friction to snap parts in place. However, it is best to apply some sort of adhesive (like Superglue/CA Glue) to really keep things together.

Dog Model comes as full model so you can do your own painting, but also has separated parts (Dog_Parts.zip) for easier color assignment in Bambu/Orca Slicer with AMS. Again, courtesy of Erin for making it easier to separate the parts.

I think everyone in the Tech and Service industry can relate. So spread the joy!

Some creative people turned the Bambu Lab P1P lower cost 3D printer into a borg cube nice and made the print files available for free on printables.

full

Someone from my Bambu Lab Facebook group 3D printed this on the Bambu Lab printer pretty appropriate for what is in the theaters now lol.

full

"
79 hours total print time, 2.24 Kg and 736 meters of various Pla+ ...
500% serious remix of Anthonylu Super Mario complete set

That looks cool but how much did it cost to print?

That looks cool but how much did it cost to print?
I don't know the electrical costs not much really but you can bulk buy Filament as long as it is not paper rolls 120 for 6000 kg of PLA 12 rolls from the sound of this was around 5 to 6 rolls it would be around 50 to 60 dollars. Insider trick if you separate it into separate color sections it will save a lot of material not being dumped down the poop bucket.

https://www.amazon.com/1-75mm-Print...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Back