Bambu Labs X1 Carbon new 3D printer is a game changer possibly?

I think you'd be surprised how many people use them for their own business. For instance, someone makes parts for my coffee grinder that was never offered through the OE mfg. I think there's plenty of use cases for them if you can find a need. I also work in Aerospace and we use them all the time. Toys are just one sliver of the overall market.

Very true and 3D printers like Bambu Labs and others are making it easier for more small businesses to have access to printing and performance options that just would not fly in the past. Example I am making a horse jump and used the 3D printer for the eyes and developed brackets for a simulator I am building. This would not have been possible 3 to 5 years ago in a small business price point.

full

Very true and 3D printers like Bambu Labs and others are making it easier for more small businesses to have access to printing and performance options that just would not fly in the past. Example I am making a horse jump and used the 3D printer for the eyes and developed brackets for a simulator I am building. This would not have been possible 3 to 5 years ago in a small business price point.

full

That is really cool. Seems like you do some woodwork as well?

There's something I would love to make for my son. He loves to bring his toy Hot-Wheels in the bath. I bought this slide / track that suctions to the side of the tub. Problem is, they only fit these tiny little duckies. The track isn't wide enough for hit hot wheels. He gets pissed! Would love to model that track and make it wider for his cars.

Reactions: PEB

There's something I would love to make for my son. He loves to bring his toy Hot-Wheels in the bath. I bought this slide / track that suctions to the side of the tub. Problem is, they only fit these tiny little duckies. The track isn't wide enough for hit hot wheels. He gets pissed! Would love to model that track and make it wider for his cars.
That really would not be hard to do even make it with rainbow filament. You could even design a mounting bracket for the tub. Maybe make the track run right above the water. I could design the track for you put it up on printables.

Printables already has it.

https://www.printables.com/search/models?q=Hot-whee

Last edited:

Thought this was pretty amazing apparently you can download it on printables. He even added his name on the back of the shoe. You could use it to make a rubber mold out of it I guess? Nothing says baller then your own custom shoe lol.

full

This was the reference.
HP6586_a1

Another example of people using the multi-color printing of the Bambu Lab printer. To make money!

full

That really would not be hard to do even make it with rainbow filament. You could even design a mounting bracket for the tub. Maybe make the track run right above the water. I could design the track for you put it up on printables.

Printables already has it.

https://www.printables.com/search/models?q=Hot-whee

Dang, I figured there was a marketplace for these but I didn't expect it to be this big. Thanks for th link! So many cool things. I don't have a printer but I would love to get one eventually.

I watched almost every video in this thread and read all your comments.

These things look amazing sir.

I would look to see some of the final products in person.
I've been wanting of these for awhile.

I watched almost every video in this thread and read all your comments.

These things look amazing sir.

I would look to see some of the final products in person.
I've been wanting of these for awhile.
A lot of maker shops around the Country been picking them up for shared maker space. That's if you live in the US I am sure other Countries have maker spaces. There are now 10 of thousands of these things around the Country. I own 3 of them looking for space for more lol.

Here is a side project I been working on the speed of these things make it bearable for development. Can produce anywhere from 3 to 7 prototypes a day. My much more expensive Method X I would be lucky to produce 2 parts in a day. My CR-30 that costs as much as the Bambu Lab Method X without AMS is not much better then the Method X.

Last edited:
A lot of maker shops around the Country been picking them up for shared maker space. That's if you live in the US I am sure other Countries have maker spaces. There are now 10 of thousands of these things around the Country. I own 3 of them looking for space for more lol.

You have any pics of finished pieces, something recent?.

I live the states, Massachusetts, any around here.?

This is my motion simulator been developing for potential commercial applications. Tons of carbon fiber parts and machined parts. My Bambu Labs printers have been cranking out parts for it. Still work in progress hopeful get the printers ripping off parts without me redesigning and tweaking them. The simulator is primarily for AR/VR applications. EDIT: The mess on the floor is dirt because I am working on my Mr Piggy horse jump for kids. Clean up the floor end of the day.

full

Last edited:
Looks like people like the "This is fine" dog 3D meme here is where you can download it for free unless you want to tip the developer. Sounds like something would sell online.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1718631

898cb26337cb71866c2f8c23d50003d7_preview_featured.jpg

I think an important question to ask is when will a 3D printer be capable enough to print and build a 3D printer?

I think an important question to ask is when will a 3D printer be capable enough to print and build a 3D printer?
Pretty easy question I have seen 3D printers make prusa mini 3d printer copies, used to make CNC machines that cut Aluminum parts, massive 5 foot tall an 5 foot wide 3D printer parts. It's very extensive as far as that goes.

Back