Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

They've already said it's gonna be something new instead of returning to the Divinity series

Alrighty. That answers that question.

Personally, after years of making fantasy RPGs, I'd be very interested on their own take on a SciFi RPG.

I know, I know, 'SciFi is so overdone in games' but lets be honest its extremely similar to fantasy.
*Aliens races instead of Elves, Gnomes, and the dozens of others in D&D.
*Technology instead of magic.
*Unknown planets instead of unknown lands.
*Same bounty hunters, assassins, gangs, etc.

Star Wars can easily be retold as a fantasy series.

Alrighty. That answers that question.

Personally, after years of making fantasy RPGs, I'd be very interested on their own take on a SciFi RPG.

I know, I know, 'SciFi is so overdone in games' but lets be honest its extremely similar to fantasy.
*Aliens races instead of Elves, Gnomes, and the dozens of others in D&D.
*Technology instead of magic.
*Unknown planets instead of unknown lands.
*Same bounty hunters, assassins, gangs, etc.

Star Wars can easily be retold as a fantasy series.

I really don't feel like Scifi is overdone. Especially not in this form of gameplay.

I really don’t know what they’ve could be planning, but I have to caution people that they have a track record of making some quirky games. I love or at least liked everything they’ve made, but some of their games definitely are not for everyone. Heck I’m not sure a lot of BG fans would enjoy OS2.

Ill be disappointed if the next game is a Divinity Original Sin sequel which really opened my eyes to Larian Studio but given that they said they are moving away from D&D I hope they dont end up like how CDProjectx tried to a sci fi game with Cyberpunk

The hint that did drop was saying it will be bigger than the Baldurs Gate series so maybe another Bioware game carryover like KOTOR?

The hint that did drop was saying it will be bigger than the Baldurs Gate series so maybe another Bioware game carryover like KOTOR?

I have a feeling one of the major issues with another licensed game is they have to hand over a large chunk of the profits to the property owner.

In BG3's case they've had to hand over tens of millions over to WOTC for the D&D license.

If Larian is doing a new game, its going to be for a property they create from the ground-up. That's why I suspected they were doing Original Sin 2, but thankfully evidence posted in this thread indicates they're not going that route.

And since SciFi is the genre with the most in common with Fantasy, I'd bet they're going that way.

Finally pulling the trigger on this, and its -10% off on XBox now.

138 Gigs

Sheesh, this is the biggest game I've ever downloaded.
You're probably going to get your ass kicked a bit in battles, just remember that you can really think outside box in the ways you even approach the battle, let alone all the environmental hazards, or abilities you can exploit during them.

For ex, you don't need to move the entire party with you as you approach enemies. You can move each character individually, and use their skills/items. In one big battle, I used one of my stronger characters, leaving the rest of the party behind. Using a potion of invisibility, I walked up to the boss and shoved him off a cliff to his death before the battle even began. In another, I snuck into the middle of a bunch of enemies and dropped a barrel that can explode, then used an archer outside their aggro to detonate it, killing most of them before any battle could start.

Coupled with dialogue rolls, you can experiment to find all kinds of creative ways to wreck enemies. Just be sure to save a lot lol.

You're probably going to get your ass kicked a bit in battles, just remember that you can really think outside box in the ways you even approach the battle, let alone all the environmental hazards, or abilities you can exploit during them.

For ex, you don't need to move the entire party with you as you approach enemies. You can move each character individually, and use their skills/items. In one big battle, I used one of my stronger characters, leaving the rest of the party behind. Using a potion of invisibility, I walked up to the boss and shoved him off a cliff to his death before the battle even began. In another, I snuck into the middle of a bunch of enemies and dropped a barrel that can explode, then used an archer outside their aggro to detonate it, killing most of them before any battle could start.

Coupled with dialogue rolls, you can experiment to find all kinds of creative ways to wreck enemies. Just be sure to save a lot lol.

I've heard the Bard / Paladin is the best (or one of) multi-class for dialogue & battle situations.

And can you multiclass your entire party?

So I played a few hours, got to the 1st town and met the doctor's apprentice and a 3 word summary of her dialog is "You're Totally Fucked."

Since my entire party is only Lvl2 I'm guessing I'm extremely underpowered to take on the infamous goblin village. So is there a recommended quest-order that's been created by a fan for new players?

Don't want to take on anything that would be guaranteed death.

So I played a few hours, got to the 1st town and met the doctor's apprentice and a 3 word summary of her dialog is "You're Totally Fucked."

Since my entire party is only Lvl2 I'm guessing I'm extremely underpowered to take on the infamous goblin village. So is there a recommended quest-order that's been created by a fan for new players?

I don't even remember what the first town is. Is it the place where you help the Tieflings in some battle? If it's the Goblin village I'm thinking of, you don't want to go there early, tons of enemies.

One thing you should focus on early is getting Withers. He's in a fairly early level area from what I recall, and he allows you to resurrect/respec party members, he's essential.

I've heard the Bard / Paladin is the best (or one of) multi-class for dialogue & battle situations.

And can you multiclass your entire party?
You can freely multi class. Most of the best builds are like level 8/9 of your main class and a couple in another. Just research it to make sure you don’t miss a key ability.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on what class is best though. Just play the character you want. The game is challenging but you definitely don’t need to min/max at all to win. You can also change everyone’s class and stats in your party once you have withers. So just play what you like and make the choices that sound best to you. The game is definitely most fun if you play it without trying to “win” so to speak

You’ll probably get to level 4 by the time you make it there. The first 5 or 6 levels come pretty quick

Just wander around the map and explore everything before hitting the goblin village. You'll get a couple more levels just doing that.

I don't even remember what the first town is. Is it the place where you help the Tieflings in some battle? If it's the Goblin village I'm thinking of, you don't want to go there early, tons of enemies.

One thing you should focus on early is getting Withers. He's in a fairly early level area from what I recall, and he allows you to resurrect/respec party members, he's essential.

Did you need to do something specific to unlock Withers? He just started showing up in my camp ~ midway through act 1 in all my playthroughs. I thought it was an auto unlock but could be wrong.

@GearSolidMetal By level 5 you should be able to hit the goblin camp. Diplomacy is an option, murdering everything is also an option.

Did you need to do something specific to unlock Withers? He just started showing up in my camp ~ midway through act 1 in all my playthroughs. I thought it was an auto unlock but could be wrong.

@GearSolidMetal By level 5 you should be able to hit the goblin camp. Diplomacy is an option, murdering everything is also an option.
There's nothing you need to unlock him. He's in some crypt, I think there are a few ways to get into it. You just meet him and he asks you some questions. I don't think it matters what you say to him, or even if you just attack him, he'll go to your camp.

I never found Shadowheart on my first character, and if that happens you'll find him in a different place with some quest or something, but my game must have been bugged because I never found him or got Shadowheart. I would played for hours more if someone else didn't tell me about Withers. I always pass that on now.

Both are essential, Withers for the respec factor, Shadowheart for prime waifu matters :D

Decisions..... decisions...

How are you finding it? You enjoyed Wasteland 3 right? I figured you'd enjoy this one. It's everything great about Wasteland, but with far better productions values.

How are you finding it?

Honestly I haven't played it since making my first post, asking about the Goblin Village. XCom2 has me hooked so I feel like I have to beat it before plating through BG3. I know the next few months are gonna be dedicated to it.

Honestly I wasn't hooked by the first few hours of BG3, and although I'm playing as a bard (Wood Elf race) and its the most popular class I'm thinking of starting over to play as a Warlock (Drow) and perhaps that playstyle will be more gripping to me.

Honestly I haven't played it since making my first post, asking about the Goblin Village. XCom2 has me hooked so I feel like I have to beat it before plating through BG3. I know the next few months are gonna be dedicated to it.

Honestly I wasn't hooked by the first few hours of BG3, and although I'm playing as a bard (Wood Elf race) and its the most popular class I'm thinking of starting over to play as a Warlock (Drow) and perhaps that playstyle will be more gripping to me.
Isn't the bard more a of a support class?

My main character on a first playthrough is always an offensive class. I played fighter because you could do 3 attacks per turn once you get to a certain level.

I think its Warlock has the Eldrich blast skill, which was super effective. It's all foggy for me, but I'd suggest looking up the various classes/sub classes, I'm sure some things have been nerfed/improved since I last played.

If Xcom2 has you hooked atm, might as well finish that!

You enjoyed Wasteland 3 right? I figured you'd enjoy this one. It's everything great about Wasteland, but with far better productions values.

Forgot to reply to this.

When I played Divinity Original Sin 2 two of my main complaints were the complete lack of cinematic cutscenes & the narrator was fucking horrible and so many times throughout the game I wished he'd just shut up.

Wasteland 3 had some cinematic cutscenes, around 20-minutes worth throughout the entire game. Thats it. What the main draw is the X-Com2 tactical gameplay with a Fallout-like frozen radioactive Colorado.

With BG3, Larian fixed Divinity OS2's problem of no cinematic cutscenes.... by making more cinematic cutscenes in BG3 than there is in the Mass Effect Trilogy.
And the narrator is X1000 times better.
As for the gameplay, from what I've played so far it really reminds me of Divinity OS2.... and that's a mixed opinion. Really hopes it grows on me, but I very much prefer the tactical ganeplay of these types of games.

We shall see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back