• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Baki signs 5 fight deal with PFL

It sucks.
Rematch with Doumbe is inevitable, but frankly I don't want to see that, I'd rather see them move forward. Was hoping to see Baki in the UFC.

Baki will be very serious problem for the PFL/Bellator roster though, I think he runs through most of them.
Same, i saw the lebout fantasy post on twitter imagining a baki vs gall fight at ufc paris, i was extatic about it...and now he is getting in that shitty org. Very sad...especially when you add Parnasse decision to this. These UFC dudes have to open their wallet at one point.

That's exactly what that posts says. The rematch is coming and Baki decided not to sign with the UFC and instead re-sign with PFL for a multi fight deal including the rematch with Doumbé. Personally I couldn't care less about that fight especially after the outcome of the last one.

Keita wasn't a free agent I don't think. He just signed an extension but Oktagon will probably let him go to the UFC if he wants, they just let their BW champ Lima go and they let Bleda, Brito and Penaz go on the contender series. I think they want to co-exist with the UFC rather than compete with them.

Keita won't amount to much in the UFC unless he competes at 145, guess he wants that tournament bag.

it's the ideal but it's also a risky move
I think the rematch now is the risky move.
There is not as much hype as the first fight. And you are guaranteed to have one of them lose in a completely unranked fight, when they are both very capable of beating top contenders.
Doumbe shoud fight Sadibou Sy (he would wreck him), and Baki should get guys like Al Silawi, Willis, Cooper.

I see it just as PFL looking for a quick money grab rather than long term planning, which is not a good sign.

I think the rematch now is the risky move.
There is not as much hype as the first fight. And you are guaranteed to have one of them lose in a completely unranked fight, when they are both very capable of beating top contenders.
Doumbe shoud fight Sadibou Sy (he would wreck him), and Baki should get guys like Al Silawi, Willis, Cooper.

I see it just as PFL looking for a quick money grab rather than long term planning, which is not a good sign.

I mean I like your plan don't get me wrong. As I said it's ideal. But it's a risky move because any fight is unpredictable.

The hype has came back strong since doumbe won again around 2 weeks ago, at least in France it really has ignited again after it went down before that.

No doubt he is worth more to the PFL over the UFC. Sure he got a nice paycheck and they can make it back by selling out arenas in France.

Yeah, seems a lot to be paying someone who's not really proven yet, but he should work out.
It's better than them doing it with guys like Santos or Pettis though, putting aside how young Baki is, his market is easier to penetrate than the American one.

They honestly should try their best to get a hold of the French market since that could very well turn into their most profitable one.

It's better than them doing it with guys like Santos or Pettis though, putting aside how young Baki is, his market is easier to penetrate than the American one.

They honestly should try their best to get a hold of the French market since that could very well turn into their most profitable one.

It seems to be them Vs KSW there at the moment with the UFC occasionally rolling in and making more money in one event than they do all year.

Back