• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Baki signs 5 fight deal with PFL

Hope he absolutely rinsed them financially.
I think so. Baki was very vocal about wanting to be paid a lot for future fights (especially for a potential rematch against Doumbé).
Hopefully he secured the bag at PFL, but it’s a shame we won’t see him in the UFC the coming years..

It sucks.
Rematch with Doumbe is inevitable, but frankly I don't want to see that, I'd rather see them move forward. Was hoping to see Baki in the UFC.

Baki will be very serious problem for the PFL/Bellator roster though, I think he runs through most of them.

No shit. knew even if he was totally a free agent and could leave and wasnt held to any matching clauses he'd see what UFC would offer for him and what PFL would offer him and he wouldnt be going anywhere.

Esp when they can dangle a Doumbe Paris main event rematch.

Unbelievable. UFC dropped the ball on signing literally every single European free agent. Doumbé, Hughes, Parnasse, Keita, Vartanyan, and now Baki.

Keita wasn't a free agent I don't think. He just signed an extension but Oktagon will probably let him go to the UFC if he wants, they just let their BW champ Lima go and they let Bleda, Brito and Penaz go on the contender series. I think they want to co-exist with the UFC rather than compete with them.

12k/12k, when you can make 10x more in another organization, won't cut it ... Can't wait to see the rematch against Doumbé. <WhatItIs>

It sucks.
Rematch with Doumbe is inevitable, but frankly I don't want to see that, I'd rather see them move forward. Was hoping to see Baki in the UFC.

Baki will be very serious problem for the PFL/Bellator roster though, I think he runs through most of them.

Doumbe had glass in his foot why would you want them to move forward from that? It wasn't a real win and a rematch needs to happen after such controversy

Doumbe had glass in his foot why would you want them to move forward from that? It wasn't a real win and a rematch needs to happen after such controversy
It makes no sense now, they are both ranked well below their actual level , they need to fight up the ranking.

We saw how they do against each other regarless of the official result. I don't need to see it again in a random fight were nothing is at stake, waste of time.

Have them both fight against serious contenders, build a real hype then a rematch for a title or in the tournament, something exciting and significant.

It makes no sense now, they are both ranked well below their actual level , they need to fight up the ranking.

We saw how they do against each other regarless of the official result. I don't need to see it again in a random fight were nothing is at stake, waste of time.

Have them both fight against serious contenders, build a real hype then a rematch for a title or in the tournament, something exciting and significant.

it's the ideal but it's also a risky move

Back