Crime Bags of money found stashed in walls of Joel Osteen's church

That church is huge, any idea what was on the other side of the wall where the money was found?

Sounds like a bug out bag, but why would you have checks in it? Also why keep it hidden in a bathroom in the publicly accessible part of the church?

He's clearing like 50 mil a year tax free, and has been for a meaningful amount of time. He could have a much more portable assets. A few bitcoin can be stashed on a soft wallet and retrieved with a burner phone.

Seems 100% like an inside job, but I'd be shocked if Osteen himself is actually involved.

Why do people go to his church?
Why do people give him money?

Idiots basically.....

I believe in the family
With my ever-loving wife beside me
But she don't know about my girlfriend
Or the man I met last night
Do you believe in God?
Cause that is what I'm selling
And if you wanna get to heaven
Well, I'll see you right

Sounds like a bug out bag, but why would you have checks in it? Also why keep it hidden in a bathroom in the publicly accessible part of the church?

He's clearing like 50 mil a year tax free, and has been for a meaningful amount of time. He could have a much more portable assets. A few bitcoin can be stashed on a soft wallet and retrieved with a burner phone.

Seems 100% like an inside job, but I'd be shocked if Osteen himself is actually involved.

The 600K was a single week's collection plate, 7 years ago.

Sounds like an employee/s stashed it and figured on retrieving it later , but didn't get the opportunity. But even this theory doesn't make sense because who would stash the money and not try to retieve it in all the years that passed?

To @panamaican @Lord Coke , other lawyers, other posters here:

Does anyone know why the Federal government gives these charlatans a pass?

I recal reading something about the government looking into the tax exempt status of a bigwig televangelist but then decided not to do anything.

How do these guys/women get away with what is blatant fraud ? Why is the IRS doing nothing?

The 600K was a single week's collection plate, 7 years ago.

That's what I'm saying. 600k relative to his income (even then) is nothing. That's life changing money for the average person but he's clearing that or better 52 weeks a year. Plus TV deals, books, appearances, merch, etc...

I'd expext if he has a physical bugout bag it's way more accessible to him, way less accessible to the public, and it's tightly packed with neatly strapped crisp new 500 euro bills, some 10,000 BND bills, and maybe some value dense easily liquidated goods (e.g. Rare diamonds, prescious stones).

That's what I'm saying. 600k relative to his income (even then) is nothing. That's life changing money for the average person but he's clearing that or better 52 weeks a year. Plus TV deals, books, appearances, merch, etc...

I'd expext if he has a physical bugout bag it's way more accessible to him, way less accessible to the public, and it's tightly packed with neatly strapped crisp new 500 euro bills, some 10,000 BND bills, and maybe some value dense easily liquidated goods (e.g. Rare diamonds, prescious stones).

No, I'm saying that's why it was full of checks. It was the collection that was stolen. It was all still in the envelopes.

No, I'm saying that's why it was full of checks. It was the collection that was stolen. It was all still in the envelopes.

Oh, I got that.

My point was if you're planning a bug out bag you'd just dispose of the checks. The idea that he's stashing this on his own property just doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Oh, I got that.

My point was if you're planning a bug out bag you'd just dispose of the checks. The idea that he's stashing this on his own property just doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Yeah, I'd be very surprised if Oesteen was at all hands on with the physical process of collection, it's a big church.
...unless they pour it into a baptismal font for him to roll around in or something.

Back