Crime Bags of money found stashed in walls of Joel Osteen's church

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This sends the wrong message about Christianity. Republicans and Christians need to hold him accountable if its true that the money was stolen
Sounds like it was carefully hidden
“There was a loose toilet in the wall, and we removed the tile,” the caller said. “We went to go remove the toilet, and I moved some insulation away and about 500 envelopes fell out of the wall, and I was like ‘Oh wow!’”

Osteen responds

I have an extremely low opinion of the entire "word of faith" mob, but I'd be very surprised if they ran an insurance scam. Especially for a measly 600K which they then stashed in the walls.

Ok, let's assume the worst because Osteen is shit and gives all Christian pastors a bad name and needs to go away

Have 600K in cash stolen, report it to insurance, offer reward for discovery. Nothing found, not recovers, insurance pays you 600K for the theft

You have all that cash sitting in a wall. You already have the 600K from insurance to use, so that money can either be saved for a rainy day "bug out" type scenario

Or- I can't think of a better place to launder money than a mega church. No taxes. Lots of cash in the offering plate. Just add 5-10% from hidden in the wall money to the offering plate each week and boom. Clean extra money

That sounds more likely to me than a robber stole 600K from a safe, but then stuck it behind the walls of a bathroom rather than ya know, leaving with their stolen prize

Ok, let's assume the worst because Osteen is shit and gives all Christian pastors a bad name and needs to go away

Have 600K in cash stolen, report it to insurance, offer reward for discovery. Nothing found, not recovers, insurance pays you 600K for the theft

You have all that cash sitting in a wall. You already have the 600K from insurance to use, so that money can either be saved for a rainy day "bug out" type scenario

Or- I can't think of a better place to launder money than a mega church. No taxes. Lots of cash in the offering plate. Just add 5-10% from hidden in the wall money to the offering plate each week and boom. Clean extra money

That sounds more likely to me than a robber stole 600K from a safe, but then stuck it behind the walls of a bathroom rather than ya know, leaving with their stolen prize

Not worth the squeeze. That Lakewood church takes in over $43 million a year in donations.
If that was the plan you'd think they would at least burn the checks, and it shouldn't take them 7 years to retrieve or launder the money.
Not that these guys aren't crooks, but they don't need to commit insurance fraud for 600K when they are worth 50+ million and can just squeeze their flock for whatever property, jets, lifestyle they want.
Singapore actually locked up one of these "word of faith" prosperity preachers a few years back, but that only happened because his wife's pop music career could in no way be feasibly considered an outreach program.

Not worth the squeeze. That Lakewood church takes in over $43 million a year in donations.
If that was the plan you'd think they would at least burn the checks, and it shouldn't take them 7 years to retrieve or launder the money.
Not that these guys aren't crooks, but they don't need to commit insurance fraud for 600K when they are worth 50+ million and can just squeeze their flock for whatever property, jets, lifestyle they want.
Singapore actually locked up one of these "word of faith" prosperity preachers a few years back, but that only happened because his wife's pop music career could in no way be feasibly considered an outreach program.

True. I didn't think of the scale difference

Like a televangelists and accredited preachers he is a priest of Baal. Pretty much anyone who comes out of the seminary system.

you seem to know A LOT about this......

<[analyzed}>

Back