Badr hari just announced retirement :(

That sucks, one of the best in the game. He wasted so much time and talent with his legal problems he never really fulfilled his full potential though.

How old is he? Seems pretty young to be retiring.

Hes 28 :S

He will be back imo, maybe take a couple of years off but when the cash starts running out he will fight again...

Yeah thats terrible news. Maybe a big Glory deal will get him back in the ring. Said it b4, think what you will but the guy would sell tickets!

Not a big kickboxing fan but that still sucks. Why isn't he with GLORY?

Also didnt he leave kickboxing at 1 point after the red card at the final and his loss on NYE Dynamite show a few years back? Lets hope its short lived!

must have been cutting into the organized crime.

Great fighter but a criminal outside the ring. Retirement is probably going to be short lived.

kickboxing dont need criminals like him to represent the sport.

Dude its kickboxing! The sport has always been funded with dirty money no matter the country and will always be linked to the criminal underworld. At least Badr was a real talent unlike 99% of kick boxers. While most fighters these days are not gangsters just about every manager or promoter in kickboxing has ties to organized crime outside of pierre

....so is this confirmed or fake?

Not a big kickboxing fan but that still sucks. Why isn't he with GLORY?
I don't think they want him because of his reputation and legal troubles.

And as far as I can tell that's his official FB and he posted the message there, so, guess he's done. A shame, because the guy's one of my favorite fighters. Oh well-- thanks for all the amazing moments, Badr.

the facebook page says he just moved to vegas but with his legal situation in the Netherlands that is not possible

the facebook page says he just moved to vegas but with his legal situation in the Netherlands that is not possible
Hmmmmmm... yeah, that is fishy. Are you sure he's not been acquitted, charges dropped, anything like that though?

Back