Bad decisions that survivors make in zombies / apocalyptic movies.

Chain mail over leather weighs a fuckton, will cook you AND makes a lot of noise dude. The wrong kind of armor basically turns you into canned good when you tire from running a mile while basically sounding like a dinner bell.

Shark suit for the win.

You dont really need leather underneath. The chain mail is breathable and zombies cannot bite through. You can just wear chain mail over your regular clothes in the zombie apocalypse.

You dont really need leather underneath. The chain mail is breathable and zombies cannot bite through. You can just wear chain mail over your regular clothes in the zombie apocalypse.
The average chainmail(no leather) still weighs on average 22 pounds, jingles like a motherfucker when you take a step and does not cover most extremities(only comes to your elbows). If you get the longer sleeve ones that also have a hood, you are adding weight on top of that and they are uncomfortable as fuck.

Unless you have trained in it, it will definitely impair your abilities. It is not something you just throw on and go about invincible.

And it is actually harder to get chainmail out of the blue than you think. Particularly in a crisis like a zombie apocalypse. People here seem to think they could improvise chainmail in their garage without making a ton of racket? lol

Mind you a Shark suit is not easy to get either unless you live on the coast and know a few diving places.

But you folks are not going to forge chainmail in your garages or just walk to the local mall to get some.

The average chainmail(no leather) still weighs on average 22 pounds, jingles like a motherfucker when you take a step and does not cover most extremities(only comes to your elbows). If you get the longer sleeve ones that also have a hood, you are adding weight on top of that and they are uncomfortable as fuck.

Unless you have trained in it, it will definitely impair your abilities. It is not something you just throw on and go about invincible.

And it is actually harder to get chainmail out of the blue than you think. Particularly in a crisis like a zombie apocalypse. People here seem to think they could improvise chainmail in their garage without making a ton of racket? lol

Mind you a Shark suit is not easy to get either unless you live on the coast and know a few diving places.

But you folks are not going to forge chainmail in your garages or just walk to the local mall to get some.

with modern tech, I sure we can come up with an alloy that is light weight and strong enough to stop zombie bites.

What about infected like 28 days later?

So much more fucked with infected. They run and are lile super human.

The best move is get a boat and get to an island which has what it takes to sustain you. Even if you eventually have to return to a bigger landmass for supplies, an island is the perfect home base. I know exactly where I'd take my family if the zombie apocalypse happened. The difficult part would be getting there.

I would steal the biggest boat/ship I could and anchor it in an area with some current. Use the small boat for supply runs. The only way the zombies could get on board was if they could scale the anchor line or chain.

with modern tech, I sure we can come up with an alloy that is light weight and strong enough to stop zombie bites.

I'll just make some transparent aluminum. Screw the haters.

I am sure you could given the time.

Most zombie apocalypse scenarios don't give you that time.

The biggest mistake I tend to see is people going off on their own. You don’t do that shit when zombies are everywhere.

The biggest mistake everyone in zombie movies makes is clearly not using leather and protective equipment to prevent bites and scratches.

Every single person should be walking around in long sleeves, leathers/reinforced fabrics that can't be bitten through. Any gaps should be duct taped shut. A full face helmet like motorcycle or hockey should be worn while running around. Work/motorcycle gloves should be worn. Tall boots should be worn. Padded gear like catchers shin pads and stuff should be worn.

It's just really simple to wear enough stuff so that any zombie that grabs you can't bite through your stuff.

That would be a tough outfit to wear if the zombies lived in south Florida. Kinda hott

Not having a sharp axe, hatchet, maul or tomahawk. @BisexualMMA

So you not only want to discriminate against zombies, you want to culturally appropriate Native Americans while doing so. Really nice, Cint. Hope you're proud of yourself.

That would be a tough outfit to wear if the zombies lived in south Florida. Kinda hott

You know what's hotter than a hot outfit in South Florida?

The zombie virus running through your brain.

It was hot when I was in Iraq in full gear, but I wore the shit and patrolled all day in the heat anyways.

You can just sweat and drink water. It's better to be sweaty than dead. You shouldn't be making long day movements anyways. Zombies would have worse senses than us, and with some NODs and batteries you can move at night no problem.

Also the weapons people choose are fucking terrible. I'm going with what everyone used back in the Medieval used in combat, pole arms.

They are quiet, never run out of ammo and are efficient. I'm making myself a light spear or chopping/stabbing polearm of some sort. That's all you need to get the job done. One quick and effective stab or chop. The end. You could easily clear out an area of zombies by getting out of reach and drawing their attention. Then you could dispatch them one by one easily while staying out of harm's way.

What about infected like 28 days later?

So much more fucked with infected. They run and are lile super human.
Those were definitely a game changer. I could deal with the slow ones, but fuck thos A level infected assholes!

One important rule that would save a lot of trouble is that the men need to keep their dicks in their pants until it all blows over. Sex during a zombie apocalypse is a recipe for disaster.

. Sex during a zombie apocalypse is a recipe for disaster.

What about if you found a way to hold the zombie down though and stop it biting ? I mean a fresher one obviously...

Here’s a big mistake in zombie movies.

The zombies are always deteriorating. They’re dead, so logically they are decomposing, right? Realistically, the problem would be gone rather quickly.

If they’re in such a state of decomposition, they would try to bite you only to have their teeth fall out. Eventually they’ll just become a pile of bones.

It really wouldn’t take long either especially because of the exposure their dead flesh is going through, you know?

Just wait a few months and you should be fucking fine. Just being realistic about it.

Look at the first episode of TWD. That one zombie crawling around at Rick is in a serious state of decomposition and this is the first episode.

But years down the line the other zombies are somehow still walking around and still have some skin, muscle, etc.

Doesn’t make sense at all.

Zombies would truly not be an issue for us. Just wait a little and they’re gonna be bones. They’re ‘undead’ but that still means they’re dead.

Their bodies would fall apart just like a normal human because technically that’s what they are, right?

Most zombie stuff is fuckin dumb anyway. Werewolves are scarier. Imagine if we had those running around.

EDIT: and how then fuck does the military, all law enforcement, etc, die from the zombies? But random untrained idiots survive for years and kill like hundreds of them. One of the dumbest things to ever happen in zombie movies is this shit. It would be easy work for us to take out the zombies.

Your complaint is that a zombie show isn't realistic enough for you?

Your complaint is that a zombie show isn't realistic enough for you?

My complaint is zombies in general. They would decompose very very quickly due to being exposed to the elements and all that shit. They wouldn’t be as big of a problem as so many shows and movies make it. They would fall apart too quickly. Unless we’re talkijg about running zombies like 28 days later then you have a problem. But normal zombies? Nah.

My complaint is zombies in general. They would decompose very very quickly due to being exposed to the elements and all that shit. They wouldn’t be as big of a problem as so many shows and movies make it. They would fall apart too quickly. Unless we’re talkijg about running zombies like 28 days later then you have a problem. But normal zombies? Nah.

You are correct, but in a show you accept what they tell you is the reality everything outside of it is a plothole. Just like I can't complain "Superman flying defies the laws of physics!"

Oddly enough, while I can accept the reality of zombies walking in spite of decomposed muscles, the universe never told me grass doesn't grow, so I can still bitch about mowed lawns in a zombie apocalypse

Last edited:
You are correct, but in a show you accept what they tell you is the reality everything outside of it is a plothole. Just like I can't complain "Superman flying defies the laws of physics!"

Oddly enough, while I can accept the reality of zombies walking in spite of decomposed muscles the universe never told me grass doesn't grow, so I can still bitch about mowed lawns in a zombie apocalypse

Of course if it was meant to be realistic it would suck. Superman is different though. Not really comparable to zombies, lol. That’s a whole different universe. He’s an alien, too. He’s written to be able to do that shit
Whereas zombies there’s no explanation why they don’t fall apart in a few weeks or so like any normal decomposing human. Zombies are just humans. After awhile they’d try to bite you but their teeth would just fall out and they’d gum you to death.

To me it's always been not going to islands. I don't mean some tropical island 100 miles away. There are tons of islands around the country.

Fort Delaware for example. It's in the middle of a river with a distance of a mile from shore. Then once you are on the island you have a moat around the fort.

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 11.25.01 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 11.24.39 AM.jpg

Back