Bad decisions that survivors make in zombies / apocalyptic movies.

Edges and bullets are wasted on slow moving zombies. You just need to bash in the skull. A carpenters hammer, or little league baseball bat is plenty enough.

If it like WWZ zombies that run like Devin hester sure you can use gun, or get shield form a shield wall, and just bash face with blunt object.
I disagree.. I had to bash a small animal's skull with a sledge hammer one time, took a lot more force than you would think. I imagine a human skull would be even harder.

I disagree.. I had to bash a small animal's skull with a sledge hammer one time, took a lot more force than you would think. I imagine a human skull would be even harder.

What are you doing tapping the thing on the head. A sledge hammer will break a human skull one full blow.

EDIT: and how then fuck does the military, all law enforcement, etc, die from the zombies? But random untrained idiots survive for years and kill like hundreds of them. One of the dumbest things to ever happen in zombie movies is this shit. It would be easy work for us to take out the zombies.
this was well explained in the World war z book, the inital strike of the zombies the military was un prepared , soliders were trained to shoot center mass not head shots when the Z's didnt go down the soldiers panicked and got over run, the weapons the tanks used also should have been explosive canister rounds which they lacked supply of as standard shellls were sabot rounds which didnt do squat.

this was well explained in the World war z book, the inital strike of the zombies the military was un prepared , soliders were trained to shoot center mass not head shots when the Z's didnt go down the soldiers panicked and got over run, the weapons the tanks used also should have been explosive canister rounds which they lacked supply of as standard shellls were sabot rounds which didnt do squat.

Lol that's an awful explanation.

Yeah armor would be fairly easy to improvise. Sheet metal is readily accessible as is steel wire. Go medieval and make some chain mail or plate stuck to a heavy leather jacket. Wear some motorcycle boots and gloves.

Never understood everyone running around in jeans and a tshirt.
Chain mail over leather weighs a fuckton, will cook you AND makes a lot of noise dude. The wrong kind of armor basically turns you into canned good when you tire from running a mile while basically sounding like a dinner bell.

Shark suit for the win.

Seems like the protagonists in these movies should pay more attention when the scary, dramatic music starts up. Because all hell is about to break loose.

In case of zombie apocalypse you can just hop on a boat and live there, zombies can't reach you at sea.

Yeah armor would be fairly easy to improvise. Sheet metal is readily accessible as is steel wire. Go medieval and make some chain mail or plate stuck to a heavy leather jacket. Wear some motorcycle boots and gloves.

Never understood everyone running around in jeans and a tshirt.

All good wearing armour until a horde dogpiles on you and you eventually go mad pinned under rotting, growling zombies that can’t finish you off.

All good wearing armour until a horde dogpiles on you and you eventually go mad pinned under rotting, growling zombies that can’t finish you off.
That would be a legit zombie show scene or plot device. Some dude in plate mail from a museum stuck under a mass of zombies. Zombies wouldn't be able to bite through or crush him but he'd be stuck.

I'd say the worst thing the survivors do is continually subject the zombies to microaggressions and sometimes even outright anti-zombie policies that make it impossible for zombies to get ahead. I think the first thing the survivors should do in a zombie apocalypse is stop oppressing the zombies and put together a committee to view society through a "zombie lens." They should also make an effort to include zombies in their exclusionary "survivor groups."

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to evolve the definitions of words like "alive" and "undead." "Undead" and "zombie" have a long, hateful, prejudiced history as labels, and both automatically conjure up images of a person you wouldn't want to be around. Words have meanings and those meanings can be hurtful. So survivors (whatever that even means) should also set up a committee for language reform in a way that makes EVERYONE feel included. And ideally, zombies should be on the committee too. People can be healthy at any stage of death or decay. We shouldn't be telling dead people that they're unhealthy.

Last edited:
Wearing armor or guards would be really hot during the summer in many areas of the world. Sure it would be smarter and probably help keep you from getting bit. But how are you gonna pick up chicks in the zombie apocalypse if you are all sweaty and stinky? If you are badass running around in jeans and t-shirt and still smashing zombies the women will find you very manly compared to some sweaty schmuck in body armor.

Worst mistake is probably the amount of time the non infected spend mowing their lawns. I mean I like the zombie genre but for some reason the gardens outside the compounds seem to be looked after....

Meh, I'll just be that guy that let's someone else take care of it and ends up being one of them anonymous henchmen that you keep seeing in the background

I'd say the worst thing the survivors do is continually subject the zombies to microaggressions and sometimes even outright anti-zombie policies that make it impossible for zombies to get ahead. I think the first thing the survivors should do in a zombie apocalypse is stop oppressing the zombies and put together a committee to view society through a "zombie lens." They should also make an effort to include zombies in their exclusionary "survivor groups."

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to evolve the definitions of words like "alive" and "undead." "Undead" and "zombie" have a long, hateful, prejudiced history as labels, and both automatically conjure up images of a person you wouldn't want to be around. Words have meanings and those meanings can be hurtful. So survivors (whatever that even means) should also set up a committee for language reform in a way that makes EVERYONE feel included. And ideally, zombies should be on the committee too. People can be healthy at any stage of death or decay. We shouldn't be telling dead people that they're unhealthy.
So I guess building a wall is out of the question?

Aren't zombies fungus driven if so they should not be active day time.

I think the biggest plot hole is....that we’ve known about Zombies since the 60’s and There’s been 100’s of The Zombie movies , books, comics and tv shows....but they somehow manage to get enough headway to cause an apocalypse...it’s like all of a sudden we forget to shoot, stab or bludgeon them in the head...

I think the biggest plot hole is....that we’ve known about Zombies since the 60’s and There’s been 100’s of The Zombie movies , books, comics and tv shows....but they somehow manage to get enough headway to cause an apocalypse...it’s like all of a sudden we forget to shoot, stab or bludgeon them in the head...
Isn’t there an unwritten rule that, in zombie movies, there are no zombie movies that people can refer to when making their plans?

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to evolve the definitions of words like "alive" and "undead." "Undead" and "zombie" have a long, hateful, prejudiced history as labels, and both automatically conjure up images of a person you wouldn't want to be around. .

How about " Differently alive " ?
" Living Impaired " ?

Back