B.J. Penn hints at possible retirement from MMA

Its not a question that BJ is a sure fire HOF'er.

HOF is without question, IMO.

It'd be good for him to make his way out. He's not hard up for money, nor is he ever even going to be close, and he'd do okay at lightweight but I don't think he's championship material anymore.

After the beating he took from Rory, I really don't want to see him fight again. If he does though, I really hope its at 155.

It would be interesting to see if he accepts the offer from Firas to come train at Tristar, I'd love to see him fight as part of a team like that

One more shot at LW .. You can do it.

What ever he decides. He is easily a HOF. Not sure how anyone can doubt that.

BJ Penn is unquestionably a hall of famer.

And he really should retire.

Of course he's HoF.

I think he should hang them up though. I don't think he can hang with the upper echelon of 170ers or 155ers, and he's the prideful sort that wouldn't want anything less.

He's had a stellar career and this is a good time to call it.

It would be interesting to see if he accepts the offer from Firas to come train at Tristar, I'd love to see him fight as part of a team like that

Motivated BJ training at Tristar back at LW.. Now that sounds like the GOAT LW right there

I don't know if he's a hall of famer. But he needs to tie his belt and go home alredy.

This really happened??

He should retire, and I don't personally see him as a Hall of Famer. Of course he'll get the nod from the UFC though.

news-is-breaking.png

Don't retire BJ. Just fight in the CORRECT WEIGHT CLASS. Please. You have a few more good fights, if not a few more good years in you if you fight in the proper weight class.

Yes.

I still think he could do very well at LW. But I guess he feels he has nothing left to prove.

Frankie Edgar disagress

What has Frankie done to justify his GOAT LW status above BJ? lose a close decision to & beat a fading Penn??

BJ's resume > Frankie's

& BJ either needs to get a real camp & go back to LW or retire.

People here saying that BJ won't be able to hang with the best 155s are dellusional. BJ Penn at his best like he was against Sanchez and florian would beat any 155er. Other than Ben HEnderson and Edgar, I see no one being a threat to BJ At 155.

I hope BJ gets the hunger back one more time and comes in walking into the cage with that crying face.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back