Awesome picture

J

johnnydussimo

Found this googling olympic lifting pictures looking at form

OlympicPowerweb.jpg

That is one hell of a vertical jump

What I find more incredible though is the fact that the bar is a few feet off the ground at the same time as the lifter. Did he drop the bar and then immediately jump as it bounced? Because I honestly never have seen the bar bounce that high

That can't be real, that's like a 5 ft verticle.

Cool looking though.

I don't think that's a bounce, which means his jump isn't just very high, but stupidly fast.

lol that can't be real. he would have to jump with the wieght or throw it and then jump

they were both dropped from the ceiling to see which would fall faster: a human or a really fuckin heavy barbell. from the looks of it, the barbell won, but not by much.

maybe next year, guy.

Looks like Randleman preparing himself to fall asleep in the ring.

well according to the laws of physics they would've both fell at the same time

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
well according to the laws of physics they would've both fell at the same time

Well if the "laws of physics" worked then he wouldn't be above the bar here, would he now?

that "everything falls at the same rate" thing only works if you take out wind resistance. so they would have to be in a little tube

wenispinkle said:
that "everything falls at the same rate" thing only works if you take out wind resistance. so they would have to be in a little tube

You're taking the wind out my sarcasm with misapplied science, bro.

What you said is true, but wind resistance won't mean dick between a man and bar falling from 15 feet.

wenispinkle said:

Very true if they were more than 4ft in the air. :D At the speed in which they'd be falling I hardly doubt wind resistance would have a noticeable impact.

Madmick said:
You're taking the wind out my sarcasm with misapplied science, bro.

What you said is true, but wind resistance won't mean dick between a man and bar falling from 15 feet.

Damn! you beat me by two minutes :D

sean S is correct.

also, the ceiling was about 10,789 feet high. i could be off by 3 or 4 feet, but yea.

It looks like he made the lift, dropped the weight and the weight bounced as he jumped in the air. I have no doubt that it's real, Olympic lifters have good verticals.

Actually he was powering up for Super Saiyan 4 and preparing to jump-kick the bar into the unsuspecting audience. I heard Goku intervened at the last moment.

HULKAMANIA said:
Actually he was powering up for Super Saiyan 4 and preparing to jump-kick the bar into the unsuspecting audience. I heard Goku intervened at the last moment.

haha that's pretty silly.

that reminded me of this time i was at the gym benching. this guy asked me if i wanted a spot, and i said, "no thanks, man. if i get stuck, i'll just headbutt the bar in half." he just looked at me with this strange look, so i started laughing and said, "yeah, i'll take a spot. thanks."

Monger said:
Very true if they were more than 4ft in the air. :D At the speed in which they'd be falling I hardly doubt wind resistance would have a noticeable impact.
HANHAHAHA, you are to funny man. You should have been a teacher. You are right in what you said but I think it is funny how you always have to correct people. Not in a bad way, just funny man.

Oh great, now you are going to correct my grammar.

HULKAMANIA said:

LOL!!! Only us DragonBall GT nerds would laugh at this one.

Wolverine
///

Back