Awesome Games Done Quick 2015

Like Badascan said, it's ok if it's not your thing, but the skill required has never been a question.

I personally don't think there is skill involved with using glitches, bugs, exploits. It's creative yes, but skill? C'mon now. Some bugs are hard to pull of and ya that takes skill, like the charge glitch in Zelda: ALttP. When you are skipping a large portion of the game though it losses the essence of the run. I believe it takes more skill to stay within the game confines as there is much more that needs to be retained and it's harder mentally to stay in form.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I don't think it's cheating, I just prefer to see it done legit. A speed run the whole point is to get it done as quickly as possible so that's why I don't see it as a cheating. But don't say it takes skill.

A lot of the glitches/exploits require timing on the scale of milliseconds and pixel-perfect precision. That is skillful.

What do you mean "that scam"? The exploits and sequence breaks are scams, or the prevent cancer foundation is a scam, or the marathon as a whole? They raised $1277469.65 for a cause they find worthy and provided over 150 hours of entertainment. Not to mention the archived videos that provide knowledge and entertainment for free... I can only assume you post out of ignorance.

PCF is a huge scam.
the marathon is cool, i thought it was lackluster this year but the organizers and the charity they donate to are jokes.

PCF is a huge scam.
the marathon is cool, i thought it was lackluster this year but the organizers and the charity they donate to are jokes.

I don't agree with their choice of charity either, although sometimes they raise money for Doctors Without Borders. I also think it was a little lackluster this year but still some great runs.

Let's just call it what it is. Breaking games. Not speed running.

There are different types of records for speed running. My preferred type is no glitch runs. When some one is do skilled at a game to run through it perfectly, using no bugs or glitches, it's amazing.

If you don't like it then find. But it's hard to not see the kind of dedication and skill required.

I beat Skyrim in 0 min 0 sec today. I didn't even turn the game on but I know how it ends.

Back