Awesome Games Done Quick 2015

So how in the fuck is this dude supposed to beat FF7 in 3 hours when he just got out of Midgar and has already hit the 2 hour mark?

I think there is a glitch somewhere that takes you to the end or something.

Also, fuck all these dicks not mentioning FFT for the best FF game.

I think there is a glitch somewhere that takes you to the end or something.

Also, fuck all these dicks not mentioning FFT for the best FF game.

Interesting glitches, not overly impressive though. New game +, and PC exclusive, using multiple save files... and not one mention of tactics as the best final fantasy. My vote happens to go for FF1 as the best FF, not being objective in choosing.

This guy is doing the child levels of OoT blindfolded right now. It's pretty amazing actually.

That FF7 run was bs. Since when does speed running involve cheating?

This guy is doing the child levels of OoT blindfolded right now. It's pretty amazing actually.

Really amazing stuff, Runnerguy is great and with Cosmo over his shoulder smiling when he pulled off swag setups, the run was legendary. Plus he was inspired to help a blind guy beat OoT, all around amazing...

Oh if he did it with a glitch then it doesn't count. Fuck that. I only want to see a legit run. I spent all day watching Yahtzee Croshaw Lets Plays with his buddy Gabriel. Damn more entertaining then watching TV or Movies.

Went through Space Quest 3, Leisure Suit Larry 3, Duke Nukem Forever, Super Mario Bros. 2, Manhunter, Dreamweb, Hugo 2 and Farm Simulator 2015. Their commentary is awesome (just like zero punctuation). But instead of only 5 minute videos you get an over and hour of these guys fucking about with old classic adventure games or some newer ones too.

I think glitching/exploits/sequence-breaking turn a lot of people off, but they are staples of speedrunning. It's never really bothered me and I think most of these runs take a ton of skill FWIW. I also like the creativity that comes with a sequence-breaking run.

Lol at people getting bent out of shape over glitches.

hope nobody here donated to that scam
fuck agdq

I think glitching/exploits/sequence-breaking turn a lot of people off, but they are staples of speedrunning. It's never really bothered me and I think most of these runs take a ton of skill FWIW. I also like the creativity that comes with a sequence-breaking run.

The skill and dedication involved is mind blowing. Routing and re-routing, learning pixels and sub pixels, saving frames here and there, maximizing movement and minimizing mistakes all adds up to incredible skill. Some games are more "broken" than others which allows them to be exploited and creates different categories for the respective runs (i.e. any %, warpless, no out of bounds, data corruption, 100%, etc). I agree with you, and it doesn't bother me at all that these players just want to go fast!

hope nobody here donated to that scam
fuck agdq

What do you mean "that scam"? The exploits and sequence breaks are scams, or the prevent cancer foundation is a scam, or the marathon as a whole? They raised $1277469.65 for a cause they find worthy and provided over 150 hours of entertainment. Not to mention the archived videos that provide knowledge and entertainment for free... I can only assume you post out of ignorance.

I'm glad they're raising money for charity but the whole thing is a farce. It's like having a charity marathon run and everybody just rides a dirt bike through the woods to cut the distance in half and then takes a golf cart the rest of the way.

I'm glad they're raising money for charity but the whole thing is a farce. It's like having a charity marathon run and everybody just rides a dirt bike through the woods to cut the distance in half and then takes a golf cart the rest of the way.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I just don't get this comparison at all.

It's a marathon based specifically around speed running and breaking games and you're mad they're speed running and breaking games?

Oh if he did it with a glitch then it doesn't count. Fuck that. I only want to see a legit run. I spent all day watching Yahtzee Croshaw Lets Plays with his buddy Gabriel. Damn more entertaining then watching TV or Movies.

Went through Space Quest 3, Leisure Suit Larry 3, Duke Nukem Forever, Super Mario Bros. 2, Manhunter, Dreamweb, Hugo 2 and Farm Simulator 2015. Their commentary is awesome (just like zero punctuation). But instead of only 5 minute videos you get an over and hour of these guys fucking about with old classic adventure games or some newer ones too.
Yep, the FF7 one was nothing but glitching and using corrupted save files once he got out of Midgar.

It's a marathon based specifically around speed running and breaking games and you're mad they're speed running and breaking games?

I think that's the general sentiment. I don't really get it. It's not like this is Counterstrike or some other competitive multiplayer game. It's a SPEED run....and for charity ffs.

That FF7 run did sound kinda lame though.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I just don't get this comparison at all.

Let's just call it what it is. Breaking games. Not speed running.

Yep, the FF7 one was nothing but glitching and using corrupted save files once he got out of Midgar.

Puwexil (the runner of FFVII) is a legendary Final Fantasy runner and used a lot of skill in the FFVII run, but It wasn't nearly as impressive as many other runs throughout the week or past AGDQ's. In my opinion the estimated time should include the time it took to set up the other save files, and no one would want to watch that in the marathon because it probably took hours to set those up. Long winded Jrpg's aren't the best for speed running marathons, to include such iconic games they have to do the shortest categories and that's usually a corrupt data/new game +... they were mentioning during the run the fastest console FFVII runs were around 8 hours I believe...

Let's just call it what it is. Breaking games. Not speed running.

If you don't enjoy it that's fine. Some of the games are more "broken" than others, and they've created categories to differentiate. Some games are all execution, or 90% execution and knowing a few frame saving movements or "tricks" like damage boosting. The skill cannot be denied.

Puwexil (the runner of FFVII) is a legendary Final Fantasy runner and used a lot of skill in the FFVII run, but It wasn't nearly as impressive as many other runs throughout the week or past AGDQ's. In my opinion the estimated time should include the time it took to set up the other save files, and no one would want to watch that in the marathon because it probably took hours to set those up. Long winded Jrpg's aren't the best for speed running marathons, to include such iconic games they have to do the shortest categories and that's usually a corrupt data/new game +... they were mentioning during the run the fastest console FFVII runs were around 8 hours I believe...
lol
Doesn't take much skill when it's just cheating and glitching.

Back