Average cost of a home by state

Didn't realize Mass was so high. I used to live with my cousin in kind of a hood area there for a while. I just looked up what his house is worth and it's a bit over 600,000.

West Virginia at $118,000. Fuck, I can only imagine what $500,000 would get you there.

You can get this bad boy for $439k

1c934e43e33a32653a31d0672d71e03b-cc_ft_1152.webp

Standard Deviation is huge for Hawaii and California. Would rather see average cost of home based on city or even county. The difference between some place like Honolulu and Hilo is probably double. It's even worse if you compared Sacramento to Santa Clara or San Francisco. Sad that I live in the #2 state and the only other state I would move to is #1. One thing to note as well is that many salaries for a lot of working professionals make much more in California then Hawaii which makes Hawaii (especially Honolulu) extremely expensive.

Can't really read the numbers but I'd be interested to know how other countries are changing. Did Australia cut rates too over the past year and half?

I'm sure Canada's numbers are nuts too.

Mean Prices range from $1.1m to $466k depending on state.

I just refinanced at 1.94%

i hear how people in states like idaho hate out-of-staters haha. can't blame them.
Ya the general consensus seems to be that they want them to move back to whatever state they came from. Lots of people feel that way about out of staters in general, but they don’t realize they have helped the economy and increased property values of existing home owners. Much easier to just blame them for any negative things happening, even shit totally unrelated.

Can't really read the numbers but I'd be interested to know how other countries are changing. Did Australia cut rates too over the past year and half?

I'm sure Canada's numbers are nuts too.

I think real estate in a lot of Western countries has outpaces the rise in values in the US. Like Canada for example. I'm in Hawaii and it's crazy how much values have increased the last year. Where are people getting all this money? Houses that were 650 a few years ago are suddenly 1,000,000.

Who would want to live there tho. You live in sunny so cal.
lol yeah, I sure as hell wouldn't.

There are some people though that will live anywhere they can get the biggest house they can possible afford... it's like the only thing they care about in life. But to me buying a huge house is overrated if you live somewhere that sucks. You don't need a huge house here considering you shouldn't be spending that much time inside anyway.

Idaho has some beautiful scenery, I just could never live there. Anyone know the difference between IOWA? I know IDAHO used to be king of Potatoes.

My dentist who lives down the street was me was telling me at how much my neighbor was selling his house. i was shocked. The neighbor just sold too, with his house selling for twice the price he paid for 3 or 4 years ago. Florida is a hot real-estate market. I guess many northerns are looking to get away from the COVID lockdowns.

I posted this article I read earlier on the sight. Was surprised at how much power real-estate companies have with state governments.

Tucker Carlson exposes real estate companies 'wrecking' America
'Tucker Carlson Tonight' host discusses the implications of rising housing prices in California and failed legislation

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-real-estate-companies-wrecking-america

Wouldn't have thought Idaho was top10

Have to believe its overflow commuters from Oregon and Washington ...man fuck the pnw

Damn I'm moving to West Virginia. I probably can get a good size house and lot there for a reasonable price.

But if were looking at also the median income and the price of the houses. I think Maryland is the best state to go.

Conneticut looks pretty good on there too, considering how high it is on livability rankings

Going to have to scope out Stars Hollow.

I think real estate in a lot of Western countries has outpaces the rise in values in the US. Like Canada for example. I'm in Hawaii and it's crazy how much values have increased the last year. Where are people getting all this money? Houses that were 650 a few years ago are suddenly 1,000,000.
people can't afford that shit. Something must have been deregulated allowing people that can't afford home to buy homes. So Expect the bubble to burst.

That chart is old because HI piece of shit old, very old fixer upper/tear down is like $1 mil or so.

Saw the news mention something about China real estate firm not being able to pay their debts, so wondering if US of A home prices will have their bubbles burst very soon.

Also, NHK World had a TV special about these partially constructed high rises in China abandoned. Forgot to watch it.

Idaho's market is intense. The West Coasters are selling and escaping crime and homeless people.

Back