Average cost of a home by state

the bay area and l.a. county really drive up the prices for average homes in california. you can find plenty of cheap homes in california, just far, far away from those locations.
Yeah, I'm sure you can find cheap houses around Brawley, Barstow or far Northeast.

But a lot of other states are probably the same way, Boston and Seattle are absurd. Washington is kind of low considering how stupid house prices are in Seattle.

Last edited:
Damn I'm moving to West Virginia. I probably can get a good size house and lot there for a reasonable price.

But if were looking at also the median income and the price of the houses. I think Maryland is the best state to go.

Iowa and Kansas look like they got the best ratio of income to housing cost

Must be boring AF there lmao

@TeTe Solana Beach pad is worth 1.3 Mill right now I'm begging my folks not to sell it!

Yeah, I'm sure you can find cheap houses around Brawly or far Northeast.

But a lot of other states are probably the same way, Boston and Seattle are absurd. Washington is kind of low considering how stupid house prices are in Seattle.

yeah, that's definitely true. blue states with large cities are all kind of like this. by the way, i think the list screwed up. washington should be #3, and massachusetts at #4. last i checked, $542k is more than $533k lol.

You can see why people retire to Florida it's basically SoCal for half the price

Another point is that there is no decrease in prices only increase.
What are your thoughts on that.

I know several people that moved to Idaho in the last year or two. The swarm of people moving there is for sure driving up the prices.

Another point is that there is no decrease in prices only increase.
What are your thoughts on that.
And the percentages higher are much higher than a couple years ago. It'll just get worse until the fed starts raising rates again.

I know several people that moved to Idaho in the last year or two. The swarm of people moving there is for sure driving up the prices.

i hear how people in states like idaho hate out-of-staters haha. can't blame them.

Mean dwelling price, states and territories, June quarter 2021​
Mean price ($'000)​
NSW​
1,093.1​
VIC​
891.5​
QLD​
631​
SA​
547.9​
WA​
612.6​
TAS​
576.2​
NT​
466.3​
ACT​
891.7​
Australia​
835.7​

i hear how people in states like idaho hate out-of-staters haha. can't blame them.
It all started with Seattle and Portland many years ago. I think they just kind of conceded to the inflow.

Now it's the people in Boise, Vegas and Austin that are seething.

Mean dwelling price, states and territories, June quarter 2021
Mean price ($'000)

NSW​
1,093.1​
VIC​
891.5​
QLD​
631​
SA​
547.9​
WA​
612.6​
TAS​
576.2​
NT​
466.3​
ACT​
891.7​
Australia​
835.7​
Can't really read the numbers but I'd be interested to know how other countries are changing. Did Australia cut rates too over the past year and half?

I'm sure Canada's numbers are nuts too.

Back