• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine the power of the reality stone couldve countered the same thing he tried against Dormamu. but the fact he didnt use it at all is confusing

That would have been great to see. The Reality Stone countering the "I've come to bargain" tactic.

Yeah he for sure says field trip. I over analyzed something that didn't even exist :mad:

I was hoping Drax and Groot would have stayed alive so they could interact with more of the characters in the next film. Drax and Groot with Cap, Falcon, Widow, Hulk... omg <Lmaoo>

Rocket will be great though. Nebula too.

They should have kept Killmonger alive to help out. They haven't really kept any of their villains alive, you would think some would want to help fight Thanos. I thought Vulture escaping prison to help out would have been cool, everyone else is dead lol. This is why Loki should have stayed around.

I was hoping Drax and Groot would have stayed alive so they could interact with more of the characters in the next film. Drax and Groot with Cap, Falcon, Widow, Hulk... omg <Lmaoo>

Rocket will be great though. Nebula too.

Falcon is a CAN

Why is he even in these movies?

They should have kept Killmonger alive to help out. They haven't really kept any of their villains alive, you would think some would want to help fight Thanos. I thought Vulture escaping prison to help out would have been cool, everyone else is dead lol. This is why Loki should have stayed around.

Red Skull returns in Avengers 4, takes command of Hydra and saves the universe;)

Just came back from second viewing.

As far as the "future" controversy, the first time I watched, I clearly heard "field trip." The second time I watched, I was looking out for that scene. And I heard "field trip." Although I understand that, because it was said so quickly and slurred a bit, it could be confused for "future." But Spiderman clearly says, "field trip." Which makes sense because Iron Man alludes to it again when he's chastising Spiderman for sneaking aboard the spaceship.

Just came back from second viewing.

As far as the "future" controversy, the first time I watched, I clearly heard "field trip." The second time I watched, I was looking out for that scene. And I heard "field trip." Although I understand that, because it was said so quickly and slurred a bit, it could be confused for "future." But Spiderman clearly says, "field trip." Which makes sense because Iron Man alludes to it again when he's chastising Spiderman for sneaking aboard the spaceship.

Could you understand what Spider Man says immediately after "field trip"?

One of the most disappointing things of the entire movie...... we never got a "no shit Sherlock" line from either Tony or Strange. Strange should have said it, followed by Tony giving that face w/ headcock thing he does. Would have been epic.

lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. Hulk gets humiliated while Cap comes out of it looking ok. Though to be fair, the only real thing Thanos did to Cap was haymaker him, while with Hulk he hit him 5-6 times with some brutal haymakers and a knee. Hulk even had the Rich Franklin nose.

Though Cap came out of it still a badass and Hulk came out of it acting like a total coward. Frankly, it was a disgrace (to treat Hulk that way).

It's the same thing when Vision and Scarlet Witch were fighting the two badguys in Scotland. They are both super powerful (among the most powerful on the entire team), but they were getting their asses kicked. Then Cap, Window, and Falcon show up and defeat the baddies easily. Seriously, what in the actual fuck?! Makes no sense.

Agreed. They should have had Hulk overcome his fear when the Outriders were nearly tearing apart the Hulkbuster.

Could you understand what Spider Man says immediately after "field trip"?

Its unintelligible

Just a grunt from being grabbed by whoever they were fighting

I've watched copies of it from online and thats all it is

I've watched nearly all of the Marvel movies but I'm not sure I've watched any of them more than once. So if there was some mention of Thanos or the Infinity Stones in Iron Man 2 or whatever, then my remembrance of that is long gone (which doesn't seem unreasonable to me).

I think that this film could've benefited from a quite prologue that explains what the Infinity stones are and who Thanos is. It doesn't have to take long. Just a few minutes to give a quick overview and bring everyone up to speed.

I mean..this was all in the movie. There's a lot going on in the movie, but if you're paying attention, these things were explained. It seems like you came into the movie just expecting a "comic book movie" and didn't think you really needed to pay attention. I mean, you're saying it just felt like there was action after action scene, and that there was no real story, but most of the movie was about Thanos, and his quest to collect the stones and bring about his vision for the universe. These weren't just random battles happening in the movie-- each battle had a clear objective--collecting one of the stones.

As for the stones, what they could do is pretty much in most of their names.
*Power = power--this explains how effortlessly Thanos completely beats the shit out of Hulk in the beginning.
*Time stone..obvious.
*Soul Stone - They take you to some kind of "soul world" in the movie, and in order to get the stone you have to sacrifice something that you love--a life. That seemed pretty obvious that the Soul stone has something to do with life and death. I don't know the exact powers of the stone, but you get a good enough idea.
*The Reality Stone - Allows the user to create their own reality--the movie shows you this multiple times when Thanos alters the Guardians, and shows Stark what Titan USED to look like.
*The Mind stone--it's the thing that gave Vision intellgence and life--
*The Space Stone allows the user to be whereever they want to be--and Thanos uses the stone the second he gets it from Loki. It was all in the movie, and they SHOW you what the stones do.
lol Dr. Strange and Wong even go through a brief explanation to Stark.
Sounds like you just weren't paying attention. (i've only seen the movie once so far)

I like that this movie didn't baby the audience. There's no point in Marvel/Disney creating this movie "universe" and then not actually use it.
I think part of the issue here is that people want to put "comic book movies" in this 'lower tier' of movies, and they don't really show them the hespect they deserve because of it. These movies being based on comics doesn't mean that they can't have depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back