• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cap is pretty amazing. He took a brutal haymaker from Thanos w/ 5 Infinity Stones. Then he woke up like a minute later looking totally fine.

Frankly, I'm shocked bullets can even penetrate his skin.

“Fine.”

Yeah man.

What I'm curious about with Strange is that it is clear that he saw in the one possible scenario where they win- that a.) they either need Stark for it (thus his handing over the stone to save him) or (more likely) the single scenario involved Thanos already having all six Infinity Stones so once they can't get the gauntlet off, he realizes that there is no way around it and there only hope is the hypothetical that he saw.

The one weird thing with Doctor Strange though is that he certainly is trying very hard with the rest of them on Titan to get that gauntlet from Thanos. So there is a break point where he goes from believing they might be able to stop Thanos then and there, to understanding that "the only way," is for Thanos to have all the Infinity Stones. But I guess my problem with it is that, given how Strange used the Time Stone expertly to thwart Dormamu, why wouldn't he at least attempt to use it in that fight with Thanos during the point at which he believes there is a possibility they can defeat him then and there. You know what I mean? Why not use every resource at your disposal.

Quill flips the fuck out and jars Thanos from Mantis' power when he attacks? Whoops, redo...
Great point. I was focusing on saving Stark being the key ingredient... but the key could've been simply that Thanos had all the stones... & hey, if I gotta give up my stone anyway... howz about I save my bro.

I like the brotherhood, but i'd like to think each sequence of events is a bit more critical than that. I'll get over it if its something simplistic... but I'm ultimately going for depth with this series.

I guess my problem with it is that, given how Strange used the Time Stone expertly to thwart Dormamu, why wouldn't he at least attempt to use it in that fight with Thanos during the point at which he believes there is a possibility they can defeat him then and there. You know what I mean? Why not use every resource at your disposal.

Quill flips the fuck out and jars Thanos from Mantis' power when he attacks? Whoops, redo...
This is the elephant in the room... (as well as those wolf beings being able to get through the Wakanda shield) & if this was Star Wars then every Sherass would be bitching so much about it that people who actually enjoyed the film would not even want to participate in the discussions because the resistance just wants to blow up every single little problem & join their bashing buddies in a hater circle jerk. So far this hasn't happened with this film yet... & it shouldn't, since the story has not been completely told & so we don't know the proper context in which these events fit into the whole story.

So who knows how this will shake out. I personally feel like Infinity wars has a lot of holes... but at the same time I say that... I'm not one to dismiss a great story due to some fundamentals that I don't vibe with. I'm able to overlook certain things in order to carry on with the story. I'm not going to let a couple of little inconsistencies ruin my experience of the film as a whole.

I think right now the haters are star struck, but once social media in general starts bitching about things regarding this movie... that will empower them & make it okay for them to join the crowd & start bitching about the movie too. I gotta see it again, but I kind of left the movie dis-satisfied... & it's really just the star power that carried the story... & Thanos was a well done character... but the story in general leaves me a bit bland though. Perhaps they should've expanded on the issues of over-population, as well as developed those in Thanos' army who just kind of showed up kicking ass from the get go. I dunno.... I'll watch it again & give it another chance.

Last edited:
Relatively speaking. He was still up and moving around like it ain't no thang. He actually looked worse for wear in Avengers 1.

Also:

Oh, no, I meant that a different way.

Cap is pretty amazing. He took a brutal haymaker from Thanos w/ 5 Infinity Stones. Then he woke up like a minute later looking totally fine.

Frankly, I'm shocked bullets can even penetrate his skin.
I hated that tbh. Hulk gets beat to crap by Thanos with only one stone present in the first 5 minutes, and yet Capt America is able to hold Thanos back and take a Thanos punch and he's got 5 out of the 6 stones?! GTFOH

Relatively speaking. He was still up and moving around like it ain't no thang. He actually looked worse for wear in Avengers 1.

Also:

THAT SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE FUTURE WAAAAAAH. okay fine.

One thing I want to ask you guys

We know the guys who got purged aren't staying dead, but what about Gamora? That shit really unsettled me because she's the only one of the individual heroes I can legitimately look at and be like, definitively, they've killed her off. From the fact that she died before the infinity stone purge rather than part of it makes me worried about her big. Really like the character and Zoe's involvement in the MCU.

Hell, even Loki, though I assume he's full on done for, they left their twinge of ambiguity in there. Thor saying to Rocket that his brother "had died before but I think this time he might have died for certain," is not very emphatic lol. Still leaves room for doubt.

I think that Gamora will somehow be back. I think Loki is gone this time.

You don't have to use spoiler tags anymore btw.
Gamora will come back.
Somehow our heroes get the IG off of Thanos, or trick him to bring back Dr. Strange.
Strange gets resurrected and casts that spell he cast on Galactus, where he is confronted with all the souls he extinguished.
Thanos, in a moment of self sacrifice and reconciliation reverses all the deaths and switches places with Gamora within the soul stone.

With the whole reversal of time; our heroes return home to a NEW or altered time line. In this time line the F.F., X-Men, etc share the Earth with our other heroes. If Loki returns, it will be as a younger version (Spidey's age or younger).

I hated that tbh. Hulk gets beat to crap by Thanos with only one stone present in the first 5 minutes, and yet Capt America is able to hold Thanos back and take a Thanos punch and he's got 5 out of the 6 stones?! GTFOH

I think Thanos was toying around with the Avengers in that scene. He had the time stone already and he knew what was going to happen so he fucked around with a bit to tease the shit out of them. He knew what they planned to do, allowed it, revived vision and he knew Thor would throw that hammer and miss his head.

Anyone wish a couple of characters were able to interact who didn't get too?

I was sort of hoping to see some dumb stuff, like:

Black Panther and Drax have a couple of funny exchanges. Just felt like some humor could be mined with Drax not understanding why Earth heroes name themselves after cats and spiders.

Also wanted to see Gamora potentially talking to Black Widow about space Karate, or maybe having Drax and hulk chat about life. Just silly things. Loved the movie the way it was of course. [

lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. Hulk gets humiliated while Cap comes out of it looking ok. Though to be fair, the only real thing Thanos did to Cap was haymaker him, while with Hulk he hit him 5-6 times with some brutal haymakers and a knee. Hulk even had the Rich Franklin nose.

Though Cap came out of it still a badass and Hulk came out of it acting like a total coward. Frankly, it was a disgrace (to treat Hulk that way).

It's the same thing when Vision and Scarlet Witch were fighting the two badguys in Scotland. They are both super powerful (among the most powerful on the entire team), but they were getting their asses kicked. Then Cap, Window, and Falcon show up and defeat the baddies easily. Seriously, what in the actual fuck?! Makes no sense.

I think Thanos was toying around with the Avengers in that scene. He had the time stone already and he knew what was going to happen so he fucked around with a bit to tease the shit out of them. He knew what they planned to do, allowed it, revived vision and he knew Thor would throw that hammer and miss his head.
Maybe that's it. I just feel like the Russo brothers have a hard on for Capt America. They make him look stronger and cooler than he really is. Not saying that he's not cool, but they make him out to be too much.

Now Thor? That dude can be as badass as he wants to be and they really captured that in this movie.

So Korg, Miek, and Valkyrie are dead, bruv?

That was rough seeing the fate of the Asgaardians. As if they hadn't been through enough shit recently already.

lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. Hulk gets humiliated while Cap comes out of it looking ok. Though to be fair, the only real thing Thanos did to Cap was haymaker him, while with Hulk he hit him 5-6 times with some brutal haymakers and a knee. Hulk even had the Rich Franklin nose.

Though Cap came out of it still a badass and Hulk came out of it acting like a total coward. Frankly, it was a disgrace (to treat Hulk that way).

It's the same thing when Vision and Scarlet Witch were fighting the two badguys in Scotland. They are both super powerful (among the most powerful on the entire team), but they were getting their asses kicked. Then Cap, Window, and Falcon show up and defeat the baddies easily. Seriously, what in the actual fuck?!
Agreed. Hulk is a beast in the comics and in the MCU he's kind of "eh." I don't like that. Hopefully they make him better in the next Avengers.

And yeah, Scarlett Witch and Vision are crazy powerful, but they need humans to come in and save their bacon? Naw...I can't do it. I like Cap, but come on.

I hope he was toying around. No way should Wanda be able to hold Thanos w/ 5 stones back. The way he was struggling to push against her power beam thing was lame as hell. Seriously, with the 5 stones he had he could have just teleported everyone but himself and Vision off the battlefield. But instead of doing the smart thing, he does the "dramatic" thing, because why not.

Yeah I also got the impression of a cat playing with a half dead mouse in some of those scenes. After he had dealt with the one situation where it looked like he might get stopped, that is.

It was like he was kind of curious about what his victims might be capable of, knowing full well they couldn't stop him.

This is the elephant in the room... & if this was Star Wars then every Sherass would be bitching so much about it that people who actually enjoyed the film would not even want to participate in the discussions because the resistance just wants to blow up every single little problem & join their bashing buddies in a hater circle jerk. So far this hasn't happened with this film yet... & it shouldn't, since the story has not been completely told & so we don't know the proper context in which these events fit into the whole story.

So who knows how this will shake out. I personally feel like Infinity wars has a lot of holes... but at the same time I say that... I'm not one to dismiss a great story due to some fundamentals that I don't vibe with. I'm able to overlook certain things in order to carry on with the story. I'm not going to let a couple of little inconsistencies ruin my experience of the film as a whole.

I think right now all the silly venom spitting haters are star struck, but once social media in general starts bitching about things regarding this movie... that will empower them & make it okay for them to join the crowd & start bitching about the movie too. The specialness they feel from doing a seemingly random act of hatred can be added to their other endeavors.

Even though strange had the time stone and could infinity loop I think there could be ways around it for thanos. He had possession of the power, space, reality and soul stone so he could in theory trap strange with power and space and then use the soul stone to manipulate strange into giving up the time stone. The wild card is the reality stone that allows him to manipulate reality and do things that are impossible.

So Korg, Miek, and Valkyrie are dead, bruv?

That was rough seeing the fate of the Asgaardians. As if they hadn't been through enough shit recently already.

Maybe not. Thor states that half of his people died so maybe the other half was subdued and kicked out into another ship before the movie started. It would allow for those characters to still be alive anyway. I wouldn’t mind seeing Valkyrie...

Agreed. Hulk is a beast in the comics and in the MCU he's kind of "eh." I don't like that. Hopefully they make him better in the next Avengers.

And yeah, Scarlett Witch and Vision are crazy powerful, but they need humans to come in and save their bacon? Naw...I can't do it. I like Cap, but come on.

The way they portray Black Widow is retarded as hell. Of all the Avengers, she's literally the only one that's completely untouchable. I'm not sure if that's a PC thing or what, but she's halfway to being as infallible as Rey from SJW Star Wars.

LivelyCleanFawn-size_restricted.gif

Also:

"The future, you know wha-!"

everyone needs to hurry up and watch my movie ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back