Locked AVENGERS: ENDGAME Thread v.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

<mma4>

That fan theory would have been pretty cool if the movies pulled it off.

Im one of those who dont rule out the possibility of loki being alive. Hes done some good shit with his illusions in the previous movies.i really doubt he'd be too stupid to think he can stab thanos like that

The Wakandans were selfish at best, cowardly at worst. Wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation on earth - because the MCU doesn't include Latveria yet;) - and could easily have turned the tide of European Colonisation. This is Killmonger's whole point and it's worth noting that when he calls them out for sitting on the bench while the rest of Africa was raped and pillaged, no one can really refute what's he's saying.

The Wakandans in the comics are even worse; in the Black Panther limited series, it's revealed Wakanda has found a cure for all cancers...but they refuse to share it with the rest of the world. That was one reason I found it so satisfying when Doom invades Wakanda, curb-stomps T'Challa and eventually forces the Wakandans to destroy their entire store of Vibranium:cool:

What nation isn't selfish? All nations do what is best for themselves, first and foremost. I don't see how you could call the Wakandans cowardly. Were they supposed to take on the entire world?
We don't really even know how advanced their technology was at that time. It was more advanced than the Europeans, but could they have easily beaten everybody by themselves? Would it have been worth it? There would surely be a lot of collateral damage.
And T'Challa also said that it is not the Wakandan way to rule over other countries. So if they forcefully inserted themselves into conflicts, there would have to be some sort of new world order established.

And one of the key reasons why Wakanda stayed hidden was because of the vibranium. It is the strength of their country. Letting themselves known to the world opens their country to risks, because everyone is going to want their weapons and tech.

Many countries are not going to go to the aide of other countries purely out of the goodness of their hearts.
As I mentioned before, the United States doesn't even do it. Came into the World Wars late as hell, and we only tend to intervene with force in foreign countries when our own interests are in danger. (oil, drugs, etc)

Killmonger wasn't wrong, but Killmonger and T'Challa were coming from different viewpoints. Killmonger was coming from a black American view. T'Challa was coming from the view of a king, and leader of a state----that also happens to be black. Race was a thing for a Killmonger--it wasn't what motivated T'Challa, or Wakanda's decisions. It was Wakanda, the nation, first.

3) Not die
Am i the only one here who's fine with cap dying?i think cap sacrificing himself in the biggest battle of the universe seems like a good way to end him. And im a big cap fan btw.

Just like superman's death IN THE COMICS, but instead cap in his place. Imagine all heroes, mankind mourning for his death. I think it will bring a lot of feels and just elevate cap's legacy in the mcu

wish they would recast steve rogers

for some weird feeling im not too optimistic about this next phase

giphy.webp

Am i the only one here who's fine with cap dying?i think cap sacrificing himself in the biggest battle of the universe seems like a good way to end him. And im a big cap fan btw.

Just like superman's death IN THE COMICS, but instead cap in his place. Imagine all heroes, mankind mourning for his death. I think it will bring a lot of feels and just elevate cap's legacy in the mcu

I'm not ready for Cap to die :(

Isn't that where Spiderman gets his symbote suit
from?
IIRC he spots I think Thor at some costume/uniform machine that repairs torn gear

He gets a new shiny, black suit not knowing it was in fact a symbiote looking for a ride back to Earth or something
edit: close enough haha
The story of how Spider-Man gets his new black costume is recounted in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 (December 1984), in which writer Jim Shooter and artist Mike Zeck depicted the heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe transported to another planet called Battleworld by a being called the Beyonder. After Spider-Man's costume is ruined from battles with the villains, he is directed by Thor and the Hulk to a room at the heroes' base where they inform him a machine can read his thoughts and instantly fabricate any type of clothing. Choosing a machine he believes to be the correct one, Spider-Man causes a black sphere to appear before him, which spreads over his body, dissolving the tattered old costume and covering his body to form a new black and white costume. To Spider-Man's surprise, the costume can mimic street clothes and provides a seemingly inexhaustible and stronger supply of webbing

What nation isn't selfish? All nations do what is best for themselves, first and foremost. I don't see how you could call the Wakandans cowardly. Were they supposed to take on the entire world?
We don't really even know how advanced their technology was at that time. It was more advanced than the Europeans, but could they have easily beaten everybody by themselves? Would it have been worth it? There would surely be a lot of collateral damage.
And T'Challa also said that it is not the Wakandan way to rule over other countries. So if they forcefully inserted themselves into conflicts, there would have to be some sort of new world order established.

And one of the key reasons why Wakanda stayed hidden was because of the vibranium. It is the strength of their country. Letting themselves known to the world opens their country to risks, because everyone is going to want their weapons and tech.

Many countries are not going to go to the aide of other countries purely out of the goodness of their hearts.
As I mentioned before, the United States doesn't even do it. Came into the World Wars late as hell, and we only tend to intervene with force in foreign countries when our own interests are in danger. (oil, drugs, etc)

Killmonger wasn't wrong, but Killmonger and T'Challa were coming from different viewpoints. Killmonger was coming from a black American view. T'Challa was coming from the view of a king, and leader of a state----that also happens to be black. Race was a thing for a Killmonger--it wasn't what motivated T'Challa, or Wakanda's decisions. It was Wakanda, the nation, first.

@PRIDEWASBETTER has stated he doesn't want any more discussion regarding the political aspects of BP in this Thread. Let's just agree to differ and move on.

@PRIDEWASBETTER has stated he doesn't want any more discussion regarding the political aspects of BP in this Thread. Let's just agree to differ and move on.
I'm talking about Black Panther, not general politics.
The motivations of the characters and the nation of Wakanda, T'Challa, and Kilmonger. "Politics" is part of that--but 'politics' is everything. A large part of the movie is 'political'
This will be my last comment on it, but it is tiring to see people continuously shit on the movie without trying to understand the characters and where they are coming from--just see the story as a neutral party.
People are already being negative towards Captain Marvel because they are attaching their own politics to the movie before it has even come out.

but yes, moving on

Hoping we get no new footage in the trailer. Just a few shots of past films and Thanos smiling on his throne.

images

due to the contract lengths, are we all assuming that Bucky is taking over as Cap after the next film?

or is there possibility he picks up the White Wolf moniker since they seemed to be cool w/ him in Wakanda?
Edit: thread is way too long, forgive me if this has already been discussed

due to the contract lengths, are we all assuming that Bucky is taking over as Cap after the next film?

or is there possibility he picks up the White Wolf moniker since they seemed to be cool w/ him in Wakanda?

I could see him becoming the White Wolf to begin but being begged to become Captain America as the mantle of CA is much more important to the world. Sort of like a symbol Batman style.

I don't think anyone should or will take over the role of Cap. Bucky is Bucky, Falcon is Falcon. There's no way either could ever fill those shoes.

I don't think anyone should or will take over the role of Cap. Bucky is Bucky, Falcon is Falcon. There's no way either could ever fill those shoes.

They need a Captain America-type figure, and Bucky is the only real option. I like Falcon, but he's "just" a highly trained human. Bucky can match Cap's enhanced strength, stamina etc as well as possessing decades of training and black ops experience. Winter Soldier was the assassin other professional assassins were frightened of:eek:

Finally, the emotional connection between the two and Bucky's desire to atone for all the murders he committed while being controlled by Hydra make him a natural replacement. He get's to keep his brother's memory alive and try to wipe some red out of his own ledger...

I'm good with sounds like a great death and way to end the cap story line.

They need a Captain America-type figure, and Bucky is the only real option. I like Falcon, but he's "just" a highly trained human. Bucky can match Cap's enhanced strength, stamina etc as well as possessing decades of training and black ops experience. Winter Soldier was the assassin other professional assassins were frightened of:eek:

Finally, the emotional connection between the two and Bucky's desire to atone for all the murders he committed while being controlled by Hydra make him a natural replacement. He get's to keep his brother's memory alive and try to wipe some red out of his own ledger...

Nah I don't think they should do that. Just move on from the character and let Bucky do his own thing with some Bourne like movies and shit. If anything they are probably setting up Captain Marvel to take Cap's place. Which I don't think will work but I'll need to see the movie to form any real opinion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back