• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked AVENGERS: ENDGAME Thread v.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember, did they say she was only 16 in the movie? And it's not like there aren't young geniuses.

Also, lol stop getting triggered and think about the character and the context. Their story takes place in Africa. Literally every country in Africa was colonized to some extent by the Europeans--with the exception of Wakanda. They are a highly secretive and hidden nation. How else do you think they would act towards what would be the first white people EVER in their country, especially knowing the history?

"Coloniser" was a fucking stupid thing to say. It's the equivalent of referring to the first German you meet as, "Nazi!" It's even more inaccurate when you consider that America didn't colonise Africa in any case. It was European nations, and Ross is an American.

It's also deeply hypocritical since, as Kilmonger points out, Wakanda had the power to, if not stop colonisation, then at least help other African nations fight back. But they preferred to remain hidden.

Last edited:
I believe so. I'm rusty on the 1984 version.

Yeah, Spidey's classic suit is torn up during one of the early battles, and the base the Beyonder has created for the Heroes includes a machine that provides him with a new suit. Worth mentioning that at no point during SW is it made clear the new suit is a Symbiote. Spidey only finds out after he returns to earth.

"Coloniser" was a fucking stupid thing to say. It's the equivalent of referring to the first Muslim you meet as, "Terrorist!".

It's also deeply hypocritical since, as Kilmonger points out, Wakanda had the power to, if not stop colonisation, then at least help other African nations fight back. But they preferred to remain hidden.
lol No, dude. Wrong on both points.

If you are the ruler of a hidden , technologically advanced country in Africa, and EVERY country around you gets colonized by white people then calling the first white guy you met a coloniser isn't "stupid".
You guys waste so much time being triggered by dumb stuff, instead of just thinking logically about the characters in the story.
Wakanda shuts itself off from the rest of the world to protect itself and its vibranium. They have seen what the Europeans did around the world. They went to the Americas, India, and Africa and stripped the areas of minerals and resources.
Why would a Wakandan have a favorable, or even neutral view of most western powers?
It's nothing like calling a Muslim a terrorist because ISIS or Al Quadea have no effect on most people'sl lives.

And they would only be "hypocrites" if Wakanda had colonized places as well. Choosing not to help in order to keep your own country safe doesn't mean you agree with an aggressor country's actions. The US didn't jump into the World Wars until pretty late in the game.
They put Wakanda first. And they weren't about black vs. white. They were about Wakanda.

lol No, dude. Wrong on both points.

If you are the ruler of a hidden , technologically advanced country in Africa, and EVERY country around you gets colonized by white people then calling the first white guy you met a coloniser isn't "stupid".
You guys waste so much time being triggered by dumb stuff, instead of just thinking logically about the characters in the story.
Wakanda shuts itself off from the rest of the world to protect itself and its vibranium. They have seen what the Europeans did around the world. They went to the Americas, India, and Africa and stripped the areas of minerals and resources.
Why would a Wakandan have a favorable, or even neutral view of most western powers?
It's nothing like calling a Muslim a terrorist because ISIS or Al Quadea have no effect on most people'sl lives.

And they would only be "hypocrites" if Wakanda had colonized places as well. Choosing not to help in order to keep your own country safe doesn't mean you agree with an aggressor country's actions. The US didn't jump into the World Wars until pretty late in the game.
They put Wakanda first. And they weren't about black vs. white. They were about Wakanda.

The Wakandans were selfish at best, cowardly at worst. Wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation on earth - because the MCU doesn't include Latveria yet;) - and could easily have turned the tide of European Colonisation. This is Killmonger's whole point and it's worth noting that when he calls them out for sitting on the bench while the rest of Africa was raped and pillaged, no one can really refute what's he's saying.

The Wakandans in the comics are even worse; in the Black Panther limited series, it's revealed Wakanda has found a cure for all cancers...but they refuse to share it with the rest of the world. That was one reason I found it so satisfying when Doom invades Wakanda, curb-stomps T'Challa and eventually forces the Wakandans to destroy their entire store of Vibranium:cool:

"Coloniser" was a fucking stupid thing to say. It's the equivalent of referring to the first German you meet as, "Nazi!" It's even more inaccurate when you consider that America didn't colonise Africa in any case. It was European nations, and Ross is an American.

Yeah I didn't wanna get too political, so I didn't bring up the Nazi thing.

Nakia and T'Challa are the ones who had the best attitude. The rest of the country was like "Screw the rest of the world. Got mine F you"

I have to say...before Black Panther and Captain America: Civil War....I had a negative impression of Wakanda and T'Challa just based on what I heard about them.

He sounded like some Gary Stew...the Batman of Marvel who always wins cuz reasons..who acts like a dick...it didn't help that I was mostly surfing through neogaf forums where the majority of the posters were SJWs expressing "I'm so excited to see butthurt white people get pissed off at seeing an African nation that is better than Western society!!!"

I was like really? You're hyped for a film because you think it will piss off conservative white people? What a shitty attitude.

Fortunately, Civil War and it's ending made T'Challa seem like a sympathetic guy, helping Cap and Bucky and feeling remorse for trying to kill Bucky.

The funny thing is conservatives generally LIKED Black Panther. They weren't pissed off. Watch Ben Shapiro's review of it. He liked the movie a lot. He even liked it more than Infinity War and he is really conservative.

I have to say...before Black Panther and Captain America: Civil War....I had a negative impression of Wakanda and T'Challa just based on what I heard about them.

He sounded like some Gary Stew...the Batman of Marvel who always wins cuz reasons..who acts like a dick...it didn't help that I was mostly surfing through neogaf forums where the majority of the posters were SJWs expressing "I'm so excited to see butthurt white people get pissed off at seeing an African nation that is better than Western society!!!"

I was like really? You're hyped for a film because you think it will piss off conservative white people? What a shitty attitude.

Fortunately, Civil War and it's ending made T'Challa seem like a sympathetic guy, helping Cap and Bucky and feeling remorse for trying to kill Bucky.

The funny thing is conservatives generally LIKED Black Panther. They weren't pissed off. Watch Ben Shapiro's review of it. He liked the movie a lot. He even liked it more than Infinity War and he is really conservative.

T'Challa Made Wakanda Great Again:)

a22.jpg

I like Ben Shapiro's movie reviews:

And his best: The Last Jedi LMAO

Guys, let's stick on topic, please. I don't mind the BP talk, but let's stay out of politics.

The Wakandans were selfish at best, cowardly at worst. Wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation on earth - because the MCU doesn't include Latveria yet;) - and could easily have turned the tide of European Colonisation. This is Killmonger's whole point and it's worth noting that when he calls them out for sitting on the bench while the rest of Africa was raped and pillaged, no one can really refute what's he's saying.

The Wakandans in the comics are even worse; in the Black Panther limited series, it's revealed Wakanda has found a cure for all cancers...but they refuse to share it with the rest of the world. That was one reason I found it so satisfying when Doom invades Wakanda, curb-stomps T'Challa and eventually forces the Wakandans to destroy their entire store of Vibranium:cool:
i hate this talk growing in this thread but...

WHat you say can be absolutely true and yet you can be wrong.

Yes Wakanda could help. Yes Wakanda can have power. Yes Wakanda can selfishly be isolationist

BUT

That in no way would not prevent them from seeing the Colonizers of every African nation around them as 'colonizers' and react because of that.

It is fine if you see them as cowardly (i don't think hypocritical is the right word) for not fighting for their neighbours but no country is obligated to do that. The Swiss could sit out as the Nazi rolled by and also be weary of any one they may have thought of as German and react with Nazi. It would not be a leap for them to make that association at least to the point that it should trigger audience members. There is a pretty clear nexus or line between the statement and why someone might think or say it.

(Edit : @PRIDEWASBETTER, just saw your post after writing this. If you feel it is offside feel free to edit it down so nothing remains but...)

Can't wait for A4 Trailer to drop!!!

33dbbbs.gif

I agree. I hate trailers. And I don't need one for this movie.
I don't need any extra reason to watch it.

I don't hate trailers necessarily (they are way to long these days) but like you said for this movie I just don't need one.

wish they would recast steve rogers

for some weird feeling im not too optimistic about this next phase

<mma4>

That fan theory would have been pretty cool if the movies pulled it off.

I don't hate trailers necessarily (they are way to long these days) but like you said for this movie I just don't need one.
I'm fine with a well done trailer. Like the one for Infinity War was great.
The problem with trailers these days though is that they practically tell you the whole story. So many goood moments or scenes have been ruined for me because of a trailer that was too packed.
So, I generally avoid them when I can.

I'm fine with a well done trailer. Like the one for Infinity War was great.
The problem with trailers these days though is that they practically tell you the whole story. So many goood moments or scenes have been ruined for me because of a trailer that was too packed.
So, I generally avoid them when I can.

I don't avoid them I just cut them in half now. I watch like 30 secs to a min and make a decision. Netflix is the fucking worst about this for their own movies at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back